[EL] Thrusters don't display in Shipyard

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

[EL] Thrusters don't display in Shipyard

Post by Keeper1st »

When building a ship in the Shipyard, the maneuvering thrusters are not shown on the ship frame. I had modified the look of my ship and built it, only to notice afterward that my wings were cutting right through one of the side thrusters.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] Thrusters don't display in Shipyard

Post by Vice »

Correct, only the frames are shown in the shipyard. Might be possible to incorporate them into the shipyard at the cost of loading delays. Moving this over to the Evochron forum.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Keeper1st »

I think a couple seconds more loading time once is more desirable than going to the Shipyard, making changes, going back to the dock to look at the ship, noting where the thrusters are, going back to the Shipyard, tweaking, going back to the dock to see how that worked, going back to the Shipyard...

I think I went back and forth about four times yesterday.

It would be really cool if we could move the thruster locations, but that would be a major rewrite, I'm guessing, as the thruster locations are set in text files per frame, as I understand it.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I've actually sorted out a way to do it very quickly, probably less than 100ms overall, so you probably wouldn't even notice it. It's implemented and is in testing for the next planned update. If you want to try a pre-release build with the feature implemented, simply send me a reminder e-mail and I can reply back with the details. The test build also includes changes to the nav map quest marker you had reported earlier, so that it remains visible in the rear view mode. So you can check that out also if you like.

Thruster locations are movable via text files designed to work with custom mesh models since the default layouts are designed to work with the default mesh models.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations