Anti Missle System vs. CM Auto Launcher

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Anti Missle System vs. CM Auto Launcher

Post by robberer »

Hi Evochronians,

see thread subject. What do you prefer ?

Right now i have both of them installed but i've noticed that my Anti Missle System handles almost all of the incoming missles. I can see this because my CM count does not decrease very fast. Usually the CM auto launcher fires 1-2 per mission if at all. Most of the time i see the Anti missle system message in my HUD.

Do you use one of the both, none, or both as backup countermessure ?

I ask because I would like to get a free equip slot to fit an stealth generator to make the "scan the ships cargo long enough" missions.

Right now my setup is as followed:

Ship:

Chimera

Equip:

Shield battery X5
Repair Device C3
Tractor beam (to make the easy rescue pod missions )
Anti missle system
CM auto launcher
Solar recharger (you know, a full capacitor is almost everything ;) )
Cannon relay system (same reason as above)
Mantis drive

Primaries:

Neodymium Laser
Predator Cannon

Missles:

Excalibur missile pack (of course, because of the "one shot - one kill" effect >:D )

You may ask, why no target scanner. I see no reason to fit one while doing "kill vonari" missions. Do I need a Cargo Scanner too when i want to do "scan the ships cargo long enough" missions ?
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: Anti Missle System vs. CM Auto Launcher

Post by SolarWarden »

I personally don't use the anti-missile system or CM auto-launcher. I rarely use countermeasures. My preferred method for dealing with incoming missiles is to go inertial, spin around, and shoot them down, or outrun them (most missiles can't exceed around 3,000 FVL). Honestly they are such a minor concern to have to use up an equipment hardpoint (not to mention two!). I say ditch both of them and keep your CM key handy, or start practicing shooting missiles down. If they aren't in the line of fire with the opponent's ship when you shoot at them, your MDTS will automatically target the ship, so you have to shut it off to release the auto aim. Just don't forget to switch it back on after the missile goes boom!
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

They can be useful for newbies or established players who want an easy escape option and can afford the equipment slots. They allow pilots concentrate on manoeuvring and shooting and/or running without having to worry about hunter seeker missiles spoiling their day!

Horses for courses. Where ever convenient I have a jump destination set up when I'm exploring or mining so I can micro-jump to safety if bounced by someone with a bad attitude. ;D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I used to use the auto-launcher but found I needed the CM slots for other equipment ... especially when building. So I changed over to the anti-missile system, which works just as well. Either one allows me to do as Dave already stated: concentrate on killing ships, not missiles.