[EL] How to use a serverside MP universe in singleplayer mode ?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

[EL] How to use a serverside MP universe in singleplayer mode ?

Post by robberer »

Hi Evochronians,

it's me again :-*

I play singleplayer only on a EL server for now, so economy makes progress while i'm not playing. At least I hope that it is the case (or do have actually human players to be online ?). Now i want to use this serverside universe in SP for testing purposes.

I've realized that MP universe is plain text (uhh, I have to watch carefully to not spoil the game for me), but SP universe is probably in binary format in pilot0.sw .

How to import, if possible ?

I think i've understood the format of the universe file (even module member format,, (factions file is a mistery to me for now ).

regards,
Rob

Edit: of course you can contact me via PM or delete this thread if it goes beyond the forum rules ;)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] How to use a serverside MP universe in singleplayer mode ?

Post by Vice »

They are kept independent from each other, due in no small part so players can be free to align with one faction and complete actions that don't impact the other mode and vice versa. It's not something that has been requested before that I can recall, so I haven't done it before. But as a one time thing, if you want me to look into transferring your MP conditions to your profile's SP mode, I can probably look into it once you have the MP data in a state you are ready to transfer.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL] How to use a serverside MP universe in singleplayer mode ?

Post by robberer »

Thanks for the information. It is not a big deal for me. Don't waste your time for such things (converting my save game) .

I can completely understand why that was requested by other people.