In-Game Notepad - Would you use it?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.

In-Game Notepad - Would you use it?

Total votes: 0

Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: In-Game Notepad - Would you use it?

Post by Janus »

Version 1.3.1 of Game Note has been released. This adds a right click context menu i.e. Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete. Internal version is still the same so the location of the main work file will be the same. You can get it by clicking here. Just unzip it into the same folder your current Game Note is in overwriting the files that are already there.
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DeathTech »

Bodega wrote:Hi fellow cruisers,
Would you use a notepad if it were implemented in-game?
I use the map log but the text is limited and sometimes I want to record more notes besides locations.

I currently use the steam overlay where I have google drive open to keep my notes. But I was wondering if there were an in-game notepad, would people use it? If not, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and never bring it up again. If people would find it useful then maybe it's something that Vice would/could implement easily.

It could store your text in plaintext for editing outside the game if you wanted to add notes. I don't know what's involved but just an idea.
To be honest a couple of years ago I would have said yes.
But nowadays I have two screens.

And notepad comes pre-installed.
Alternatively there is always alt-tab.

The benefits of two screens are amazing. I will admit.
But for those who do not have it.
A in-game notepad with less restrictions could be very useful indeed. In my own case though. I am opposed to bloating games with functions already available in other ways.
Just putting my two cents in.

-DeeTee
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

DeathTech wrote:Alternatively there is always alt-tab.
??? You need to be careful when using Alt-Tab to call up and use Notepad. If you Alt-Tab while a menu is visible in-game and then use the keyboard to make notes, it's possible you'll also be making changes to the game via the in-game menu.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yup, always important to pause the game first... or at least close an open menu or move the pointer away from any menu option that may be open before switching tasks.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations