Guidelines for Evochron Feature Requests...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Guidelines for Evochron Feature Requests...

Post by Vice »

If you have input on changes, additions, deletions, or even things you like and don't want changed for possible future updates, I welcome your feedback via e-mail (starwraith.com > contact). Please consider these factors if you want me to consider your comments/feedback as possible options for the game:

- The request/feedback needs to be relevant to the focused player involved space flight simulation and combat aspects of the game. Evochron won't be transforming into a different game nor blending in external gameplay modes/systems/options from other genres. So things relating to different themes and genres such as FPS, RTS, driving, farming, business simulation, etc, won't likely be considered for Evochron. Features or gameplay modes/options that distract, delay, or otherwise get in the way of the space combat flight simulation gameplay focus won't likely be considered. Any features/options need to tie into Evochron's focused flight simulation and combat gameplay approach specifically.

- Positive feedback is just as important in many cases as negative feedback and/or gimme requests. A few times now, some requests have come in to make changes to the game that are later reversed due to no positive feedback indicating that the original feature or function was the way most players wanted. I want to be sure not to waste time on features/options that a few players might want, but the vast majority doesn't and/or won't use. So comments on what you do like and don't want changed are important as well.

- Please be as specific as possible. Subjective and vague generic terms like 'more', 'things', 'better', and 'improved' can't amount to much without specific examples of the kinds of 'things' you are referring to. Such terms and claims are too subjective to gauge any meaningful or relevant points from. So if there's something you want me to consider working on for the game, please be sure to include an example (or multiple examples). Please keep subjective rhetoric/generalizations to a minimum and focus on objective specifics.

- Evochron is about the player being involved in gameplay as much as feasibly possible within elements of spacecraft flight control, weapons, system management, trade, ship design, and navigation. So any features/options also need to accommodate this prioritization as well. That means things like player owned 'bots' or ships that fly themselves, stations that behave as automated perpetual in-game currency generators, and other elements that lack player involvement/control aren't in line with what Evochron is designed to be. So just about anything that causes the game to play by itself on its own without player involvement won't likely be considered. There are rare exceptions to this (such as mining probes), but they are few and far between while also generally requiring player placement and limited one time use.

Evochron has been through many revisions over the course of its (as of this writing in 2022) 17 plus year development history, including eight full stand alone games and numerous updates spanning each of them. The latest title in the series, Evochron Legacy, achieves many of the objectives and goals I had envisioned for the series and where I wanted to take the concepts it explores in a more final format. So as these objectives have gradually been met over time, consideration for future additions and changes has also become tighter and more focused. If/when future updates are developed, these principles and guidelines will likely be more important when reviewing requests for consideration.

For reference, here is a list of each of the games in the Evochron series that began in 2005:

Evochron (1.0)
Evochron Alliance (2.0)
Evochron Alliance 2.0 (3.0)
Evochron Renegades (4.0)
Evochron Legends (5.0)
Evochron Mercenary (6.0)
Evochron Mercenary 2.0 (7.0)
Evochron Legacy/SE (8.0)
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations