Transferring Fuel (rescuing stranded players)...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Transferring Fuel (rescuing stranded players)...

Post by SolarWarden »

I was absent-mindedly tooling about a station build the other night and embarrassingly ran out of fuel for the first time since starting the game. One of my clan mates was on and asked if I needed a rescue. I was about to head to bed so I just self-destructed and logged out, but it got me thinking. I know Elite: Dangerous has groups like the Fuel Rats who respond to and refuel stranded pilots. Is it possible for one player to refuel another in Evochron: Legacy?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transferring Fuel

Post by Vice »

Yup, just use the 'Send Fuel Pod' option in the trade console.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SolarWarden »

Awesome, thanks.
TalSh
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TalSh »

Instead of opening a new thread, I'll ask here: Is this possible in Single Player as well? Can I send out a distress signal and have an NPC ship send me fuel?
Last edited by TalSh on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not for inbound fuel from AI ships, so if you need fuel rescue, you can hop on to multiplayer and request rescue from another player.
StarWraith 3D Games
DeathTech
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DeathTech »

Vice wrote:Not for inbound fuel from AI ships, so if you need fuel rescue, you can hop on to multiplayer and request rescue from another player.
Not sure if I am remembering wrongly and this may be a bit silly for me if I'm getting my space games mixed up.

It should be possible for him to acquire a "fuel pod" which will give him some extra fuel in case this happens again.

-DeeTee
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

He can deploy a refueling station ... but it must be near a star. Or, with the proper equipment, he can mine for fuel.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

TalSh wrote:Instead of opening a new thread, I'll ask here: Is this possible in Single Player as well? Can I send out a distress signal and have an NPC ship send me fuel?
This should totally be a thing, with an equal chance of having you being intercepted by an enemy as well.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

If you actually run out of fuel you can't change speed, stop or change direction so deploying a fuel station is out. Fuel packs give you an extra 200 units of fuel, but each takes up a secondary slot and you have to install in advance. As Vice says, most players will help out if you log onto MP.

:)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Another consideration - there doesn't seem to be a problem with human players running out of fuel in charted systems. It seems virtually all players do a pretty good job of managing fuel as a resource where they can get fuel. It's the AI ships that make the mistake of not having enough fuel and that is by design to provide the player-to-AI fuel rescue gameplay option. And charted/populated systems are the only areas that have such a scenario.

There is no fuel rescue in uncharted/unpopulated space for AI ships and there wouldn't be for human players from AI ships either. However, it is an option anywhere in the game for human-to-human fuel rescue as an option. But it is by design that there are considerable elements of risk and planning for long distance travel in deep uncharted space without the option of a quick 'rescue' button if a player runs into trouble due to lack of planning. Such conditions also incorporate intended value for items and design options such as a deployable fuel processor, extra fuel tanks, and larger main fuel tank.

I wouldn't want fuel rescue available in unpopulated/uncharted regions as that (resource management) is what the risk/challenge is there for in those areas. Outside of long range player-to-player rescue anyway.
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

DaveK wrote:If you actually run out of fuel you can't change speed, stop or change direction so deploying a fuel station is out.
But it does make for an exciting rescue. Assuming that the rescuing player, in MP, knows how to complete the rescue. :o
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Post by Sinbad »

Marvin wrote: But it does make for an exciting rescue. Assuming that the rescuing player, in MP, knows how to complete the rescue. :o
I once run out of fuel while travelling at around speed 5000 or so. Couldn't stop or change direction. Took some clever flying from another pilot (Seejay no less) to successfully refuel me at that speed.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Sinbad wrote:
Marvin wrote: But it does make for an exciting rescue. Assuming that the rescuing player, in MP, knows how to complete the rescue. :o
I once run out of fuel while travelling at around speed 5000 or so. Couldn't stop or change direction. Took some clever flying from another pilot (Seejay no less) to successfully refuel me at that speed.
LOL. Great ol days mate.

I actually made another SAR with a pilot drifting at 6000+ on a collisioncourse with a planet.
Took me about an hour to get the jump perfect.

Jumped ahead of him (predicting course) and then give myself time enough to accelerate
to match his speed so he wouldn't overtake me.

I managed to "dock" with him and transfer fuel. He came to a full stop and thanked me.
Then he jumped away ..... straight into a planet and died. :-[
He logged off and I never heard from him again LOL!