[EL 1.0788] Scaling in VR is wrong

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
merlin3776
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0788] Scaling in VR is wrong

Post by merlin3776 »

I like this game very much, but unfortunetly the scaling in VR (Oculus rift CV1 and PIMAX 4k) is wrong. All ships are way too small. The Cockpit looks fine but all ships specialy the small fighter are tiny. when I try to change the value of EyeDistanc from 0 to 3 or 4 in vrsetup.txt everything in the HMD is a mess. Has anyone a idea what I should try?

Thanks in advance

My System: Windows 10 64 bit
ASUS GTX 980 TI Strix
16 GB RAM
Oculus Rift CV1 or PIMAX 4K
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] Scaling in VR is wrong

Post by Vice »

EyeDistanc generally adjusts the perceived scaling factor (and keep in mind you'll need to adjust the head movement factor as well to align with spacing changes). But if that isn't getting the results you desire (in conjunction with changing the HUD/UI scaling to compensate if desired), then it may not be possible to get it to look right to you. It's also difficult to know what 'mess' with the HMD means without specifics.

I'd be interested to know how things change with these values applied:

EyeDistanc=2.0
HeadMScale=2.0

and then compare with

EyeDistanc=1.0
HeadMScale=1.0

Then let me know if/how ship scaling improves or gets worse. Ignore how the cockpit scales for now, I'd mostly be interested in hearing how these values impact ship scaling to your eye on the VR setup you are using.

Feedback appreciated though (and potential reasons/feedback like this will help confirm keeping the VR option entirely experimental and unsupported).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations