[EL 1.0518] Quest map marker doesn't show in rear view mode *FIXED 1.0528*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0518] Quest map marker doesn't show in rear view mode *FIXED 1.0528*

Post by Keeper1st »

I activated my jump drive a little too soon exiting a station and blew up. On reload, and re-activation of the current quest, the quest marker that was in the same sector only appeared in the Top View of the navigation map. It no longer appeared in the Rear View (which it had previously).
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] Bug: Quest map marker doesn't show on both screens after dying and reloading from save

Post by Vice »

Which quest and which stage in that quest? Depending on if it's one of the player provided quests, Marv might be able to offer advice. Or if it's one of the default faction quests, I'll likely need to know more details.

Edit: In testing this tonight, I confirmed that the quest marker will display in the overhead view mode at any zoom level and may not display in rear view mode when zoomed out. Once I was in the target sector, I could zoom in all the way to see the quest marker on the map, including in rear view mode. So if that isn't working (as you described), more details on which quest and stage it's happening may help me determine more. Zooming in, while in the same sector, should allow you to see the marker on the map and once I can pin down the issue, I can work on it for the next update.

Edit X2: I'm working on some changes to allow the quest marker to display in rear view mode under just about any conditions, including zoomed out. If you would like early access to a test build with the changes applied so you can try it out in advance, just let me know via e-mail in a day or two.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL 1.0518] Bug: Quest map marker doesn't show on both screens after dying and reloading from save

Post by Keeper1st »

It was the Federation starter quest, at the point where it sends you out of the station to find a data drive, with hostiles nearby (although as my profile is independent, no one was hostile to me). After dying by jumping too soon out of the hangar, I found the quest marker was not appearing in Rear View after reload, at any zoom level (it was, after all, in the current sector anyway, but I did try zooming out and back in).

Speaking of which, "Rear View" seems a bit of an odd name. Wouldn't "Side View" make more sense?

It would be nice if an Independent pilot could at some point choose to pledge allegiance to a faction, thus opening up the faction missions and combat without having to start a new pilot. What would be really cool is some independent-specific elements like factions trying to woo you to their side, offering recon missions or paying for your navigation data about enemy positions. And perhaps the factions could start to mistrust the player, accusing you of collaborating with the enemy, refusing to let you dock without paying a loyalty fee or performing a recon or spy mission on their behalf. But of course that would be a major game update...
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0518] Bug: Quest map marker doesn't show on both screens after dying and reloading from save

Post by Vice »

'Rear View' is more accurate as you are viewing the 3D space section from behind (forward on Z, X left/right and Y up/down), not from one side or the other.

You can change you faction affiliation in the 'Rename Pilot' option of the pilot manager at any time, including IND to either ALC or FDN.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Keeper1st »

Oh cool!