[EL 1.0488] Modifier keys *INFO*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0488] Modifier keys *INFO*

Post by robberer »

Good Day,

I have a hard time setting up my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog for this game.

The reason is, EL doesn't respect modifier keys as such. Very essiential functions are bound to these keys. So, when I configure my HOTAS setup with the "Target Software" and want to bind let's say "Auto-Level" it will fail because "Target Software" uses such keys (L_CTRL, R_CTRL, L_SHIFT, R_SHIFT ... ) as modifier keys, even more worse as "holding". No way to influence this.

I don't even have the possibility to rebind them in-Game to another key because EVERY key has already a funtion because the game the doesn't allow to use, let's say L_CTRL+c or L_ALT+c to fire cannons.

What are my options now ?
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL 1.0488] Modifier keys

Post by robberer »

The only way I see right now is:

1. Unbind L_CTRL because cannons can be fired with F5
2. Unbind TAB while I use Afterburner in the Throttle Axis setup
3. Bind R_CTRL Auto-Level to TAB
4. Unbind R_CTRL
5. Unbind R_SHIFT (I don't need the function, I guess) because there is still "\" for reverse thrust
6. Unbind Backspace (zero throttle is done by my Warthog throttle controller)
7. Bind L_SHIFT to Backspace
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0488] Modifier keys

Post by Vice »

Correct, if you don't want to use those keys for control functions, you can unbind them and then map them externally through the 3rd party software you want to use. The other option is to unbind them and then bind in combinations as desired in the game directly.

Edit: With the introduction of versions 2.0328 for Evochron Legacy SE and 2.0218 for Arvoch Alliance SE, the ability to bind multiple keys and buttons to individual controls has been added to the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations