[EL 1.0428] Glitch During Build Menu (right control auto-level key)... *FIXED 1.0448*

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

[EL 1.0428] Glitch During Build Menu (right control auto-level key)... *FIXED 1.0448*

Post by SolarWarden »

Every time I press and hold the Align function for my ship from the build menu, the menu seizes up and glitches while game sounds continue, and the only escape from the lock-up is to close the game and restart.

At first I thought it was because I had it bound to left Alt which has some alternate functions, but it continues to occur after moving the align action to a key on my HOTAS throttle.

Any insights?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: EL Glitch and Crash During Build Menu

Post by Vice »

The game shouldn't allow binding anything to an Alt key, since that is a reserved key and is excluded from the mapping detection system. However, I was able to duplicate the issue this morning with defaults and will be looking into it. Appears to be a bug that should be fixed for the next update.

Edit: Solution has been applied for the next planned update.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: [EL 1.0428] Glitch During Build Menu (right control auto-level key)...

Post by SolarWarden »

Alt keys are fully bindable from the settings menu currently (from my game client anyway), and the game even differentiates from left alt and right alt. I've bound them both to numerous functions at different times, in case that's something you want to change. Thanks for the swift reply, as always :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ah ok, maybe what you are referring to as an Alt key is a Control/Ctrl key on my setup? The alternate/Alt keys are used for secondary key input functions and for disabling flight control when in a mouse flight control mode. Pressing both Alt keys can also toggle the flight control mode on and off. The scancode index I ran into with the problem was 157, which is the right control key (which also seemed to apply to any key that was mapped to auto-level). I haven't run into a problem using either or both Alt keys yet with the build console. But I am continuing to run through a battery of tests to verify. Pretty sure it's fixed now though for any key that is mapped to it.
StarWraith 3D Games
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Update: nevermind, you're right, the alt keys can be mapped. I had thought those were excluded long term going back quite a while ago, but they must have been enabled in an update somewhere along the way. I'll need to go back and review my notes on when/why.
StarWraith 3D Games
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SolarWarden »

Haha, I was literally as you posted this hitting submit on a reply. Yeah I still have my right Alt mapped to equalize shields.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Apologies for me causing confusion there :) I do now vaguely recall a request relating to this a very long time ago, which must have resulted in a change to bypass the exclusion when directly mapped, but still provide other potential alternate functions and flight control mode toggling.

All tests are coming back positive for the fix, so I think it's sorted completely now for the next update.
StarWraith 3D Games
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SolarWarden »

Thank you, sir. :)