[EL 1.0348] Decrytion Error. *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
XenoBear
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0348] Decrytion Error. *FIXED*

Post by XenoBear »

everytime I try to boot up Evochron legacy right after the Starwraith logo ends, i get this message and the game crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the game via steam, restarting steam. None of it worked. If anybody knows how to fix this Please let me know.

{EDIT} I fixed it by deleting my sw3dg folder in C: than reinstalling evochron. I hope if anyone else has this problem this helps.
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (29.19 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0348] Decrytion Error. {Fixed}

Post by Vice »

Thanks for posting the follow up. For reference, decryption errors generally indicate game file damage. They can be caused by insufficient memory/disk resources, system damage (ie malware/virus infection), or (most likely) interference from something outside of the game interrupting/blocking the game's read/write operations. Make sure the game has sufficient permissions on your system, is included in any exception list(s) for security programs that could interfere with the game, and that you have sufficient memory and disk space for the game.

Save game files can be the most vulnerable to that kind of interference (the pilot#.sw files in the c:\sw3dg\EvochronLegacy folder). So a good first step is to move those files to a different location temporarily, launch the game to verify it was one of those files that was impacted, then move each one of them back to the save data folder one at a time and launch the game each time until you find which one was damaged. In your case, the file that was damaged was pilot1.sw. If the save games are ok, then one of the other core game files is likely damaged. Reinstalling the game (or verifying the game cache in Steam) would be the next step to repair the damage and solve the issue.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations