[EL 1.0308] won't start Win 7 64bit *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Bobinator
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0308] won't start Win 7 64bit *FIXED*

Post by Bobinator »

I purchased EL from Steam last night. I installed it and attempted to launch. A Steam window pops up stating "Preparing to launch Evochron Legacy". The window disappears pretty quickly and my cursor has the little circling thing next to it like it is doing something but after a few seconds it disappears and I get nothing. I was expecting a new video card to be delivered today so I waited to pursue it further till now. I took out my old MSI R9-280 and installed my new Zotoc GTX1070. I formatted and did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I installed all my drivers and can see that everything is working. I installed Steam and then installed Evochron Legacy from there. I have Master of Orion (brand new version) also installed from Steam and can say it works. I try to launch Evochron Legacy from the Steam interface and also the desktop icon that the install created. I get nothing. My system is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P MB
AMD FX8350 4.0 GHZ FD8350FRHKHBX
Now Zotoc Geforce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, ZT-P10700C-10P, 8GB GDDR5/ Yesterday MSI R9-280
16 GIG DDR3 - 1600MHZ
250 GIG Samsung EVO 250 SSD
WD 2TB 7200RPM SATA HD

Any help would be appreciated. I am quite frustrated and would very much like to play this game. Thank you in advance.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0308] won't start Win 7 64bit

Post by Vice »

Sounds like some of the needed DX dependencies just aren't installed yet (which is likely on a fresh install of Windows). In file explorer, navigate to c:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Evochron Legacy\_CommonRedist\DirectX\June2010\ Locate and run the DXSETUP.EXE program in that folder (make sure it's the one in the _CommonRedist folder). Once it's finished, launch and test the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Bobinator
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bobinator »

Vice, you are the man!!! I thought about that as well. I previously ran dxsetup from the DirectX folder and not the _CommonRedist folder and it did not work. When I ran it as you instructed and voila. I am in. Thank you for the very quick response. ;D
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Great, glad that's all it was. Thanks for the follow up to confirm.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations