Hybrid Server set up??

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Walker
Ensign
Ensign

Hybrid Server set up??

Post by Walker »

IS it possible to run MP Server with the solo game aspect of hiring NPC Ships?

If so where is the switch in the code?

If not is there code that can be harvested from the single player game and used in the MP server files to enable this for all players on the server?

Thank you in advance for any and all responses.

On a side note, I have been playing the game for about a month maybe two. I must say I am enjoying it quite a bit. My Hat is off to you Vice, you have created one hell of a good game! Thank you for the hard work and dedication you have put in over the years to get here, so I may enjoy it today.
In Space, no one can hear you scream.
WALKER
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hybrid Server set up??

Post by Vice »

IS it possible to run MP Server with the solo game aspect of hiring NPC Ships?

If so where is the switch in the code?

If not is there code that can be harvested from the single player game and used in the MP server files to enable this for all players on the server?
No, that is where the system is different to accommodate the multiplayer elements vs single player elements (that is, where ship indexes are available for human players rather than computer controlled ships). Multiplayer fleet ships should be populated by human players (where the faction linking, voice/text chat mechanisms, contract rewards/linking, and more apply) whereas in single player, computer controlled ships can be part of the single player fleet system. Part of the reason is functional necessity (not feasible to inflate data rates for every instance of player ordered fleet ships) and part of it is to open the multiplayer mode up to human players and affiliated options.
On a side note, I have been playing the game for about a month maybe two. I must say I am enjoying it quite a bit. My Hat is off to you Vice, you have created one hell of a good game! Thank you for the hard work and dedication you have put in over the years to get here, so I may enjoy it today.
Very glad you are enjoying the game, thanks for the encouragement.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Walker
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Hybrid Server set up??

Post by Walker »

RGR that thank you for the fast response
In Space, no one can hear you scream.
WALKER