Ghost Fleet Discord Voice Chat

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Ghost Fleet Discord Voice Chat

Post by SolarWarden »

A player on Steam made a post about having a chat server where players could interact while in multiplayer, and so I figured I'd take a page out of his or her playbook and invite everyone to Ghost Fleet's Discord server. Please feel free to make use of it whenever you like, and hopefully I'll catch you guys on there. If you're not familiar with Discord, you can access it through a desktop app as well as through your browser, and it is completely free.

Discord App

Ghost Fleet Discord Server
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: Ghost Fleet Discord Voice Chat

Post by Delta99 »

There has been an Evochron Discord server for a while so you are probably better off using that. At least you'll find a bunch of people online there.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I don't think that it is a bad idea to have more than one chat server - especially since a server can disappear without warning for several reasons and for unknown periods of time. Personally I'm grateful to every player who is willing to give their time and $$ to support multiplayer in Legacy. From what I hear free multiplayer is not the gaming norm ;)

Has Teamspeak died a death? - last time I used chat in MP (in EMII) Teamspeak was the preferred option, but I realise that tech changes (especially over 400 years or so :)) )

:)
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Delta99 »

Agreed but I was just pointing out that Ghost Fleet might get a lot more traction using the "official" EL Discord server. At least people will be checking in there and they might notice something going on with MP in this game!! I know people keep saying they can't find anyone to play with.

I still typically use Teamspeak in gaming for voice and Discord for text chat. Reason being is that there are still options in Teamspeak that we use all the time (like whisper) that are not available in Discord.
DaveK wrote:I don't think that it is a bad idea to have more than one chat server - especially since a server can disappear without warning for several reasons and for unknown periods of time. Personally I'm grateful to every player who is willing to give their time and $$ to support multiplayer in Legacy. From what I hear free multiplayer is not the gaming norm ;)

Has Teamspeak died a death? - last time I used chat in MP (in EMII) Teamspeak was the preferred option, but I realise that tech changes (especially over 400 years or so :)) )

SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SolarWarden »

Delta99 wrote:Agreed but I was just pointing out that Ghost Fleet might get a lot more traction using the "official" EL Discord server.
The only invite link I could find to the EL Discord was expired/invalid, hence the Ghost Fleet channel. Honestly, not enough of us in the clan use it for it to be too much of an issue. I think I'm the only one with a mic right now haha.
Delta99
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Delta99 »

SolarWarden wrote:
Delta99 wrote:Agreed but I was just pointing out that Ghost Fleet might get a lot more traction using the "official" EL Discord server.
The only invite link I could find to the EL Discord was expired/invalid, hence the Ghost Fleet channel. Honestly, not enough of us in the clan use it for it to be too much of an issue. I think I'm the only one with a mic right now haha.
I think this link should be good: https://discord.gg/0mUYeKSe0ybJFE3A

Discord used to do a poor job of creating links to join. It was hard or not even available at one point to create a link that didn't expire. The one above should NOT expire but who knows for sure!!! :)

I guess technically it is a "support" discord channel but there are channels that typically have discussion about servers that are up etc. Well, not that there is much activity there but with Ghost Fleet posting there maybe that will get the activity level back up.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

DaveK wrote:Has Teamspeak died a death? - last time I used chat in MP (in EMII) Teamspeak was the preferred option, but I realise that tech changes (especially over 400 years or so :)) )

Discord comes in handy when troubleshooting since it allows you to drag screenshots into the text window.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Marvin wrote:
DaveK wrote:Has Teamspeak died a death? - last time I used chat in MP (in EMII) Teamspeak was the preferred option, but I realise that tech changes (especially over 400 years or so :)) )

Discord comes in handy when troubleshooting since it allows you to drag screenshots into the text window.
That sounds intriguing! :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

FYI: I was having trouble with Discord voice chat ... I kept losing the audio to other players ... either that or they weren't hearing me. :P So, I changed from voice activation to push-to-talk ... and that fixed the problem. :o