Group play support

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
viper691
Ensign
Ensign

Group play support

Post by viper691 »

I had talked a couple of my buddies that i play games with into picking up the game but the few times that i got together we really didn't seem to find that much group content to do and honestly spent most of the time re-grouping and getting back into visual ranges. This could just be us not being familiar with systems in place to help in this but if people have any insight into good group content that would be helpful or if that is something that is on the cooker for future support.

Thanks
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Group play support

Post by Vice »

I can offer some thoughts and advice. Most things in the game are designed to operate for a 'group' while in multiplayer. For example:

- The contract/mission system automatically links all players in the same sector of the same faction for coop play. That means every available multiplayer contract in the game can be played by all local players automatically. This allows you to complete objectives such as meteor intercepts, solar array cleaning, lost item locating, and combat together for easier completion and higher/faster success rates.

- The faction system links players together automatically for locating and trade. This means you can find other players in the game by observing their locations on the nav map (indicated by green dots and their callsigns). You can also open direct ship-to-ship trade links with other players to exchange credits, fuel, or cargo.

- In war zones or other battle areas, combat has been one of the more frequent coop player activities. Players share in the pay rewards and can help support each other in the battle, including things like the use of a repair beam to help out others with damaged ships (a 'medic' role).

- Players can share in the use of deployable structures for things like jump casters to travel long distances together as a group, shield arrays to provide protection during cooperative efforts (battles, capital ship attacks, station attacks, etc), or faster pace resource recovery (ie one player sets a mining probe for another to recover, then mines on their own manually for faster gain).

- Players can join together to build stations and cities. They can do things like have some players recover metal ore while another builds, then the suppliers provide the materials during the process to continue building for faster completion.

- One of the most feasible ways to destroy a station to conquer a system is with multiple players.

- And of course, if players want more of a PvP scenario, they can set up a variety of battle conditions or scenarios for racing and other timed competitions.

- In your specific example, you say you spent a lot of time trying to regroup and find each other. Did you know you can right click on each other's nav map blips to plot waypoints directly to each other? Finding each other and regrouping, if needed, is pretty easy with this option.

The only requirement for many of these coop options is to be located in a matching sector and be of the same faction. The game's freeform design allows players to set up a variety of coop scenarios in everything from trade, mining, exploration, building, and combat. So if those examples aren't the kinds of things you are looking for, I'd need to learn more about what you are referring to by 'group content'. And such things (either PvE or PvP) would generally also need to be relevant for its freeform nature/design. Hope that helps initially though.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Group play support

Post by Marvin »

8) Not to mention how one player can actually jump into the turret of his buddy's ship so that the two can work together, as one, to take down the enemy.