Multiplayer Problems

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

Multiplayer Problems

Post by m0rl0ck »

This is a great game both EL and EM and its a shame nobody plays it. Every server i have tried has connection problems, (and i can stay connected to a Q2 server for literally hours at a time and have no problems with streaming) and there is never anyone on them.
So far i have run into one person, a steam user who didnt read the instructions apparently, because he didnt know he could modify his ship or that it needed to be refueled. He was over the moon about steam tho so maybe he just suffered from all around poor judgement and attention :)
So whats up here? Why no one on the servers and why the chronic connection problems? I do have a slow net connection by most standards, but its a rock steady 5.4mb and i have no trouble staying connected to other servers.

I might think that the game itself was over most peoples heads or not to the general taste, but i can recall playing freespace2 when it was hard to find a slot to play on a server and this game is on a par or maybe even superior to freespace2 in some respects.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: Multiplayer Problems

Post by matchbox2022 »

It was a lot more popular before on MP, with NMS coming out it likely will take a backseat for a while.

I sometimes go on MP still, when I have the time that is / working laptop.
Way too busy these days, I'd get some steam friends together to play if you really wanted to.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

IM plays on Caleb's server every Sunday. Two of us in the U.S., one (sometimes two) in the UK and at least one in Europe. Disconnects are not a problem for any of us, except during scheduled server re-starts. Occasionally, other pilots show up but, because IM flies the Federation flag, the others (usually ALC) leave almost as soon as they sign on. Which is unfortunate, because IM believes in the old motto of live and let live. We also help (without pejoratives) anyone who asks for help.
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by m0rl0ck »

I dont know who IM or Caleb are. I would think the disconnects were my problem except that the only other person i have seen on an EL server was having problems too. If Calebs server is stable i would love to try it, which server is Calebs?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Orion Sigma. Situated somewhere in Europe, IIRC. My ping rate usually wavers around the 180-210 range but disconnects are rare. When it does happen, it's almost always due to a scheduled re-set at Caleb's end. If you want to join IM (Independent Merchants Guild), we fly every Sunday at noon, west coast time.
m0rl0ck
Ensign
Ensign

Post by m0rl0ck »

Hey, thanks man :)
I was connected there this a.m. before work. Was getting about 70 ping. See you all Sunday i hope.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

8) We freed one sector of Sapphire from its Alliance domination yesterday (Sunday) ... not much left to do there except rescue stranded pilots. We should probably move to another sector, where life is a bit more exciting. (Which, unfortunately, means re-configuring at least one ship for building before combat contracts are made available.)