Evochron Legacy - multiplayer connection lost, reconnected succesfully

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Elvisman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Elvisman »

I have a server i am running locally on my machine. it appears to be working fine. But after a while, i will get this message in the message window over, and over, and over, and over. . .
It also seems as though once this happens, i can not get the server to disconnect. I have to kill it.
I can still play the game though.

Windows 10 64 bit.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That is an alert that the client has lost connection. It attempts to reconnect if the signal loss is just the result of a timeout due to no response from the server. It's generally linked to the UDP port. So it would appear the network device you are using is either getting turned off/disabled after a while somehow or something is interrupting the server program itself. The latter might be more likely since you say you can't get access to the server program when this happens. A couple of details to review:

- How long of a while? 5 minutes, 30 minutes, more?

- Which version of the server program are you using? If it's the 3D version, try the 2D version and see if the behavior remains the same.

- Check power saving and various other options to see if your network device might be getting disabled after a certain period of time.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations