Spoiler Alert

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Oblivion Wolf
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by Oblivion Wolf »

And leave your Navigator at home, he won't have the stones to get you close enough.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186794, Topic: tid=12534, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:Just be ready for a wrestling match with your joystick/controls and keep your peepers sharp. :cool:
Sharp as a tack ... but not necessarily keeping a look-out for anomalies ...

Mister Peepers and girlfriend
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Spoiler Alert

Post by Rubber Chicken »

^ Ahh. That still appears to be a depiction of a quite rare and cosmic event taking place. :)
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: And in keeping with the theme of this thread's topic:

matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

hahaha

Round house kick walkers should be a mod.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by pilotnewbextraordinaire »

I made it to s281 with little clues, except for Marvins recommendation in my initial report of this quest. For the life of me, I haven't been able to find anything out here.

Can anyone that's come to the end of this shoot me a u2u message with a strong strong hint?
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Spoiler Alert

Post by Rubber Chicken »

^ Sending.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Thank ya, thank ya!
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

From post: 186806, Topic: tid=12534, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 186794, Topic: tid=12534, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:Just be ready for a wrestling match with your joystick/controls and keep your peepers sharp. :cool:
Sharp as a tack ... but not necessarily keeping a look-out for anomalies ...

Mister Peepers and girlfriend
With coke bottled glasses like those, I bet he's horribly nearsighted.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186842, Topic: tid=12534, author=pilotnewbextraordinaire wrote:I made it to s281 with little clues, except for Marvins recommendation in my initial report of this quest.
:cool: You should've paid more attention to my recommendation. As it happens, it took IM quite awhile to complete this quest ... and quite an effort to follow my own advice.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Ha. I didn't have a science officer with me at that time. I attempted to make the trek without but met a timely demise more than once. :D

Decided to go off and do something else and just now got back around to running through it.

Thanks again for all of the help!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186884, Topic: tid=12534, author=pilotnewbextraordinaire wrote:I didn't have a science officer with me at that time.
:o I did. But it wasn't the first time I failed to pay attention to him. Lesson learned: pay attention to your science officer ... and the buttons on the left side of the map.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Pay attention to the buttons? Pfftt. That's like reading the manual. :D I'm always going to have a science officer on board now.

I'm just happy that I figured out how to jump through a wormhole in the middle of a black hole without being turned into dust. Without the help of a navigator even.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

The buttons come in handy ... especially when you know you're in the right sector ... but the thing you're looking for isn't where it was in EM. ;)
FotonCat
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by FotonCat »

Guys. I really don't understand all this courage about TW.
I've found it and it looks like useless toy... What advantages it has over spaceship at all?
It can jump an walk, okay... I can make 3-4 circles near my frosen spaceship and what? It mines a little faster, but there is just one cargo bay :D

[Edited on 3-22-2016 by FotonCat]
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

I need to go do some exploring yet but I can see a TW being very useful for snagging cargo off of a planet's surface. I'm not sure how/if they will work with deploying in water but too many times I've went to get cargo only to find it was below the surface of the water and just out of reach of the ship's tractor beam.
CS-ACI-
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by CS-ACI- »

Hello,

It is much easier to catch the fish with a TW.

. . . . . . yes fish, well maybe sharks.

Go for a swim and see.

Steve
[align=center][SW] CS-ACI-
Desk jockey and experimental pilot.
[/align]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: As already mentioned, TWs are great for recovering cargo stuck in sand, mud or water. They also generate contracts all their own. And, with a little imagination, you can have a grand old time taking on enemy ships with TWs. Very cool ... and a satisfying way of completing a planetside combat contract.
pilotnewbextraordinaire
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Thanks a lot Marvin for making me want to skip out on work the rest of the day and go home to play with my TW. :P
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: No problem. Any time.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

You can play CTF on a planet........

With ships running air support...but only TWs can get the flag.....and must return by spacecraft to the station in orbit.
So theres ships gunning you down in flight, and as you escape to orbit (can't jump right away!!) with friendlies helping in pursuit

Hint hint..., best Multiplayer combat space thing EVAH.

[Edited on 3-23-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by RavenFellBlade »

It should also be mentioned that the TW makes destroying cities a much more personal and visceral experience. Plus, duking it out planetside with other players is just plain fun! I only wish the TWs were upgradeable and modular, like the eponymous Mechs of Battletech/Mechwarrior! I do have to mention, though: Getting back to inhabited space from S281 is quite possibly the worst part of this entire trek. It takes a right long time to get back to the nearest jumpgate in Orion space. Also, collecting the bits needed to actually build a walker? Easier said than done. It's going to take you some time and patience, but nowhere near as much as finding the blueprints themselves. Once you DO, though, it's pretty cheap to build, and can make you a lot of money selling any extras once you've equipped your own. It's a lot of effort for the payoff, though.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

The modular upgrades for battle as a mech would be quite cool to do.
- An Asian father.
Arei
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by Arei »

Hello pilots!

I'm Arei, a somewhat new pilot, but a badly addicted one already! I really want to thank Vice for the Evochron series; I only wish I came across this hidden gem sooner! I'm loving this game to the point I also wish my RL friends were into this kind of games so I could buy multiple copies for them! ^^

Well back on topic; I don't really like to ask for help like that (especially for my first post, but I just can't let go of the game!), but I've been looking for "that" anomaly for hours spiraling sectors in "that" region with my science Ops, occasionally jumping somewhere when I got some inspiration, frenetically ticking Xs on my squared sheet of paper, but I am reaching to the point I have no more idea (other than spiraling for hours) and feel the urge to bang my head against my desk to attone for my blatant lack of common sense and elementary reasoning skills. Especially when reading here and there the anomaly is supposedly easy to find...
That's even more frustrating knowing I found that very sector without internet help, almost casually, after I found a certain wormhole during a certain quest...

If somebody would be nice enough to u2u a clue to me, or at least letting me know if spiraling the area from the star/planets on the same Y coordinates level like a clueless donkey is not a total waste of time and sanity?

Thanks in advance for your precious help and see you soon in space when I overcome my fear of going online due to my noobness! :)

EDIT: Found it! Thanks a lot for your help pilotnewbextraordinaire! :)

[Edited on 3-30-2016 by Arei]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: It always helps to have buddies. It took four of us, looking in different directions, to find the anomaly. Even then, we weren't certain.