Spoiler Alert

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Oblivion Wolf
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by Oblivion Wolf »

I would like to ask all those who have a TW, how many of you found the blueprints in Legacy proper and not in the Beta?
Iron man
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by Iron man »

There is a 2 players on a good way to find it : Miaz and RavenFB.

I can't answer for the other one tought :P
steam name : x iron man
Oblivion Wolf
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by Oblivion Wolf »

Thanks Iron man, I was starting to think it is connected to rank. I'll go exploring and see what I can find.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

You should come with me tonight wolf and we can search together.

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure its connected to whatever quest is going on from where you find that initial wormhole. I'm at the part where we need to venture out west of sapphire.

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by matchbox2022]
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Oblivion Wolf
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by Oblivion Wolf »

Thanks for the advice Ironman. Matchbox, if I am on faw shaw, but please don't wait for me, I'll be out most of the weekend. Btw I made the exact mistake with the co-ords as you did. Next time we are online I'll show you what we did wrong.

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by Oblivion Wolf]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186626, Topic: tid=12534, author=matchbox2022 wrote:I'm at the part where we need to venture out west of sapphire.
:cool: Enjoy your trip. If you look around after you get there, you might decide the trip wasn't a total waste of time. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

What did we do wrong???
It should be as simple as plugging in co-ordinates...and follow some kind of hint once you're there.

there was dead space everywhere....must be missing smth :S
- An Asian father.
FotonCat
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by FotonCat »

From post: 186647, Topic: tid=12534, author=matchbox2022 wrote:What did we do wrong???
It should be as simple as plugging in co-ordinates...and follow some kind of hint once you're there.

there was dead space everywhere....must be missing smth :S
Try thinking about given coordinates numbers in relative way.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:o I wish I had an almanac.
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Spoiler Alert

Post by Bodega »

From post: 186626, Topic: tid=12534, author=matchbox2022 wrote:You should come with me tonight wolf and we can search together.

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure its connected to whatever quest is going on from where you find that initial wormhole. I'm at the part where we need to venture out west of sapphire.

**possible spoiler**
Hilight text to read:
Matchbox, you mean literal quest? The transporter one? or a nav beacon type quest?

[Edited on 3-13-2016 by Bodega]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 186673, Topic: tid=12534, author=Bodega wrote:
From post: 186626, Topic: tid=12534, author=matchbox2022 wrote:You should come with me tonight wolf and we can search together.

Spoiler:

**possible spoiler**
Hilight text to read:
Matchbox, you mean literal quest? The transporter one? or a nav beacon type quest?

I think the new beacon one, I'll be trying again when I have time in a week or so.

[Edited on 3-13-2016 by Bodega]
- An Asian father.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by RavenFellBlade »

Did you find anything once you were there, Oblivion? I finally got to make the trip tonight. The sector at the exact coords you punch in is empty, but there are three planets and a star nearby, the closest has a nearby asteroid field. Try as I might, I have yet to find any anomaly, though. Iron Man hinted that sensor beacons won't help. I'm still trying to figure it out.
I can say this, though: This may very well be the single most difficult hunt for an item that a game actually intends for you to find, at least in my experience. I'm not quite sure if I should go back to the initial "empty" sector you get dropped off in, or if I should continue investigating the planets and asteroid field. I've found tons of cargo containers around some of the planets, but they've all been generic containers holding either missiles or hydrogen. Like it or not, I'm going to have to go to bed soon. Fingers crossed that I have a breakthrough some time soon, because I've literally been flying circles for the past two hours.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

If we all go together we can all look together, using sensor pods in various cubes of the sector to map it out very quick + the planet systems if that's the new place to go. I have a feeling it isn't though.

Besides going together we can text chat about the space weather, fire disruptors around for fun behind us, and mutually 8itch and flip our computers if we find nothing :P
- An Asian father.
FotonCat
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Spoiler Alert

Post by FotonCat »

Really it's not that hard to find this anomaly.

[Edited on 3-16-2016 by FotonCat]
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Spoiler Alert

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Haven't been able to fly for awhile, but reading this thread makes me wonder if all the beacon quest locations are still in the intended location after the planet-randomizing update.
I know that at least one location was reset by Vice in a later update due to the randomizing effect.

When I get a chance, I'll have to continue on my journey and report back if I find empty sectors where there should be a destination. I promise, I won't spoiler. :)
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

Wolf finally gave IM a hint last Sunday ... not the coordinates. Basically, he set us on the right path and, after following that path, we found the S-planet exactly where it should be.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by RavenFellBlade »

I'd like to point out that I set Wolf on that path to begin with ;) He helped me find that second beacon, but I interpreted the meaning of the coordinates. It seems he's beaten me to it, though, because I've finally gotten around to flying out there, and I'm still pretty much flying around aimlessly looking for what is supposed to be an obvious anomaly. Maybe I'm overthinking things, or maybe I'm misunderstanding the type of anomaly I'm supposed to be looking for.
Marvin: S-Planet? Are you talking about finding the second beacon, or finding what that beacon points to?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

I'm talking about the letter designation of the planet mentioned in the message. Btw, Vice gave me the same hint as Wolf a couple weeks earlier ... but, with my decreased {forgotten word} capacity due to old age, I never made the (positronic) connection until chatting with Wolf. Not that he got there first ... Caleb already had a station built in the S-planet's sector. Now IM needs to find the anomaly ... scheduled for Sunday.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by RavenFellBlade »

Possible Spoiler:

Marvin: Are you referring to planet S281? For awhile, I though it was planet 5281, than I realized that the font used in the game makes the letter S and the number 5 virtually indistinguishable. I've been looking around on that planet, and other than some REALLY bad weather, I've found nothing. Sensor pods aren't helping, either. There's supposed to be an anomaly to "mark the spot", so-to-speak, but that's a pretty vague description. I'm sure I'll eventually notice it and feel entirely stupid that I hadn't figured it out earlier.

EDIT: Added spoiler notice, since this may be a spoiler, or it may not. I don't know yet.

[Edited on 3-17-2016 by RavenFellBlade]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Not necessarily the planet ... the message states the "region." And FYI, except for named planets, they all start with either one or two letters. Which is how I keep from mistaking the S for a 5. The only other option is to change the font ... which can be done with a mod. An option which is on my to-do list.
RavenFellBlade
Ensign
Ensign

Spoiler Alert

Post by RavenFellBlade »

Finally found them! Boy, was that a trip! Now I just needs the materials to make them!
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Spoiler Alert

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Yep. It's all where it's supposed to be. :) Boy that anomaly was quite anomalous indeed! :P
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Spoiler Alert

Post by matchbox2022 »

Well great now I have to login to find this :P
- An Asian father.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Spoiler Alert

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Cool. Glad to know IM won't be chasing ghosts this Sunday.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Spoiler Alert

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Just be ready for a wrestling match with your joystick/controls and keep your peepers sharp. :cool:
-------------------