DarkStar Evochron Server

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Rick
Ensign
Ensign

DarkStar Evochron Server

Post by Rick »

Would like to welcome all players to DarkStar Evochron Server..

We are listed in public server in game..
player cap 35..

Our TS3 is blackphoenixgaming.org:9989
no password

admin Deathader.

Thanks.. Fly Safe

[Edited on 1-23-2016 by Rick]

[Edited on 1-29-2016 by Rick]
Bodega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by Bodega »

Thanks Rick, I'll check it out.
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

I picked this server as soon as I saw the welcome message. Thanks for running it!
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by Janus »

It's a good server. But wasn't on the list, last time I logged into the game. Hope it's just down for maintenance.
ADMIN Starport 6
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

HI all new to servre

Post by 49rTbird »

Is this a MP only server?
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

From post: 184101, Topic: tid=12269, author=Janus wrote:It's a good server. But wasn't on the list, last time I logged into the game. Hope it's just down for maintenance.
Serverside patch was released today, so that's probably it. (EDIT: It went back up just before 6pm EST.)

As far as the other question about whether it's a multiplayer-only server or not, no. You're free to do whatever you like. Some people wing up, others don't.

[Edited on 2-2-2016 by Brian Paone]
MiaZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by MiaZ »

From post: 184104, Topic: tid=12269, author=49rTbird wrote:Is this a MP only server?
No I dont think it is?
It did have the "MP" but it let me join yesterday.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HI all new to servre

Post by DaveK »

From post: 184104, Topic: tid=12269, author=49rTbird wrote:Is this a MP only server?
No I dont think it is?
It did have the "MP" but it let me join yesterday.
Just tried it with my main profile and logged on without problems

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by matchbox2022 »

it's a good server. People have already setup some impressive explorations.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Rick
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Rick »

Thanks everyone i hope everyone is having a great time.. Cya out there
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

Regrettably, I must self-report the use of a possible exploit - I utilized multiple saves in order to refuel a stranded player. I realize this may have been a violation of server rules, and accept any consequences,
CS-ACI-
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by CS-ACI- »

Hello,
From post: 185245, Topic: tid=12269, author=Brian Paone wrote:Regrettably, I must self-report the use of a possible exploit - I utilized multiple saves in order to refuel a stranded player. I realize this may have been a violation of server rules, and accept any consequences,
You did not do it to benefit yourself, so in this case a penalty should not be applied.

But for future reference, there was another way too deal with this, by traveling to the destination using gates and wormholes and re-fuel from the other end.

Steve
[align=center][SW] CS-ACI-
Desk jockey and experimental pilot.
[/align]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by matchbox2022 »

Sooooo I think this server disabled player locations. So that's it for me. Can't find fellow humans there's zero point. Moving on.
- An Asian father.
CS-ACI-
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by CS-ACI- »

Hello,
From post: 185396, Topic: tid=12269, author=matchbox2022 wrote:Sooooo I think this server disabled player locations. So that's it for me. Can't find fellow humans there's zero point. Moving on.
You ask people where they are and if they want your help/hinderance.

Steve
[align=center][SW] CS-ACI-
Desk jockey and experimental pilot.
[/align]
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

HI all new to servre

Post by SeeJay »

In game you cant give your coordinates to a selected player only. If you reveal your position, it's to everyone!
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by Janus »

From post: 185423, Topic: tid=12269, author=CS-ACI- wrote:Hello,
From post: 185396, Topic: tid=12269, author=matchbox2022 wrote:Sooooo I think this server disabled player locations. So that's it for me. Can't find fellow humans there's zero point. Moving on.

Steve
If I wanted a totally safe from other players experience, I can go to SP. That's what multi-player is about. Meeting others. Some will be good and help you. Others will make you a target. You are part of their content and they are part of yours. If you don't want that, why even play multi?
ADMIN Starport 6
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

From post: 185572, Topic: tid=12269, author=Janus wrote:
From post: 185423, Topic: tid=12269, author=CS-ACI- wrote:Hello,

Steve
If I wanted a totally safe from other players experience, I can go to SP. That's what multi-player is about. Meeting others. Some will be good and help you. Others will make you a target. You are part of their content and they are part of yours. If you don't want that, why even play multi?
There's something to be said for the social PvE experience.
poneytailman
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by poneytailman »

i think it's good to not show locations on the server, much more satisfying and realistic to have to hunt your targets. have to use your head more and plan your tactics, than just see where they are and fly straight to them. It's good to have to hunt.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

HI all new to servre

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 185711, Topic: tid=12269, author=poneytailman wrote:i think it's good to not show locations on the server, much more satisfying and realistic to have to hunt your targets. have to use your head more and plan your tactics, than just see where they are and fly straight to them. It's good to have to hunt.
Agreed, but some sort of in-the-cockpit general detection system would need to be implemented. Currently, blind is truly blind. There are a couple of threads discussing possible solutions.
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 185711, Topic: tid=12269, author=poneytailman wrote:i think it's good to not show locations on the server, much more satisfying and realistic to have to hunt your targets. have to use your head more and plan your tactics, than just see where they are and fly straight to them. It's good to have to hunt.
I think that's good if u never want to meet a human ever.
A sector is already huge. And an enemy won't show up magically on the Nav map.
The only reason Ed gets away with it. And barely at that. Is most players stick to a smattering of places and the player base makes mp worthwhile. We still need to build up ours. When I see no one on any server on a Friday night...that kinda speaks for the work in bringing it to the masses that still needs to be done for a more consistent mp experience. I've found playing with humans immensely fun...and that would've been impossible if I couldn't have swiftly found friends.... or foes in disputed territories only
- An Asian father.
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by Janus »

Oh, you still have to hunt your targets even with the location displayed. Pressing the tilde button shows the sector they are in. It doesn't show the location within that sector. Sectors are huge. Like a 200k Cube. That's 8,000,000,000,000,000 cubic meters. That's a lot of space.
ADMIN Starport 6
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

HI all new to servre

Post by matchbox2022 »

That and radar range is wayyyy too short range.
Makes it really hard without some help, and even with help, still insane at times.

I can see the logic, but there simply are NOT enough humans on servers to make it worthwhile to have specifics blocked.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HI all new to servre

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

I mentioned this before, while a global player location is nice admin side.. player location togglable by the player should be a thing it was something I suggested to vice before when we were all discussing how locations created issues with secret bases.

It would be fine for the server to globally deny player location great.. but a player should have the choice to occasionally send a ping server wide that himself can turn on or off this gives the best of both worlds imo.

Players who want to remain in shadow can do so, they have the choice* to ping location for assistance when needed or to find people easier. Those who rather be seen while new to the game or server can opt into doing that and by default the feature is disabled.
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

[doublepost, sorry!]

[Edited on 2-24-2016 by Brian Paone]
Brian Paone
Ensign
Ensign

HI all new to servre

Post by Brian Paone »

I am in full-on favor of a completely blind server, if only for the fact that there is one member of this community who's a total [deleted] and abuses location information for the express purpose of being a total [deleted].

That garbage belongs on a lesser game, to be done to a lesser community. But CS-[deleted] ain't goin' anywhere, so I'm all in favor of anything that makes that [deleted] life miserable.

And I do mean ANYTHING. I'd be over the moon if the developer figured out a way to make the game [deleted] of violators. :)

But yeah, we need a total-blind server option, unfortunately. [deleted] gonna be [deleted].

[Edited on 2-25-2016 by Marvin]