Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by PaulB »

For what it's worth, Ghostrider flies with an [X] clan tag.

I was not in the system/sector so didn't see what happened but I did see a bit of the dialog.

I guess could have been accident or intentional.
Ghostrider said accident but Rooster certainly thought otherwise.
I don't know - but it does take several seconds of gunfire to kill someone unless his ship already had damage.
I tended to give benefit of the doubt but as I say, I don't know.
I can't say that I saw Ghostrider say he was sorry - that I recall - just that he might have done it by accident.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

I hate to keep posting in Roosters Flight Log like this but it seems the active place at the moment.

All he said to me was "Hey Sam", before I caught a missile in the face.

He looked like every other green or yellow thing on the scanner sitting in front of Evochron station to me but I just finished my 4th day so I don't know who to look for yet and I don't have a tag yet. I figure he's someones alt and if I join a clan I'll likely be joining his so there ya go.
Magical, mystery, noobkiller, Ghostrider, whatever.

What is X Clan tag Paul?

Maybe I should join them and hang out around Evochron Station killing all the new players I been talking to over the past couple of days. I'm sure they are good blokes.

Nevermind Paul I see now.
http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9867

X ClanThe Rebel Faction provides for a way for players to simply log on and play their role of pirate, rogue, mercenaryor any other form of outlaw under a uniting 'bad guy'-tag, without having to bother with the time-consuming commitments of a real clansuch as having to play according to elaborate clan rules, claimed system politics, system maintenance duties, reporting back to the clan leader, etc.

How do I assign myself a clan tag so I better see what is coming?
Seriously, no way to mark criminals in this game other than marking all players as hostile?
I'd rather be independent but since the scanner is flawed I guess I gotta tag up.
I should just delete this post...

[Edited on 4-26-2015 by SamKillitson]

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

Members of different clans show up as red by default. If you watch chat, you might read something like this:

[IM] Marvin: ah, sorry seejay, i didn't see you coming
[HB] SeeJay: np, i didn't take any damage worth mentioning
[IM] Marvin: ok, i now have you green
[HB] SeeJay: same here

You turn somebody from a different clan to green by:

(1) Targeting him (he can be at any range seen on radar).
(2) Pressing the NumPad minus key.
(3) The targeted player will get a chat message asking that he do the same.
(4) The call, "I have you green" is simply a courtesy.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

How do I form a Clan so I can use that feature Marvin?
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Just create a tag that has 2 0r 3 letters in it like so - [TAG] - brackets required -, and put it in front of your pilot name. Example: [TAG] Sam

If you want to recruit other pilots, start a clan thread in the appropriate sub-forum, and amass your army! :)
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

Thank you.
I just read how to do it on Seejay's site.
I don't mean to sound irritated if I did or disrespectful in that last long post there I just didn't understand the mechanic involved and it really didn't bother me to be PK'd like that because I really didn't lose a thing I just needed a tune up.
Now I understand what I have to do.

I'm really enjoying the game and these forums. I appreciate the advice always.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Here's another thing about clans: every cycle, they get paid a stipend for each territory they own (80% or above).
poneytailman
Ensign
Ensign

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by poneytailman »

Hmm... This is a great game where players are allowed to take whatever path they choose. Some players believe it is bad to give out, what some call "secret information", but yet players have it posted all over the net. Doesn't make much sense to me. Players help new players all the time on here, once I sold a new player a mantis drive. That's not a spoiler, that's called trading for profit, plus it helps the new players to get around better and explore more. Keeps them more interested if they know there are hidden things out there to find. There are a lot of nice players on here but there are some who take games way to serious. And yes I have made some mistakes and bad judgement calls here and in real life, like I'm sure we all have. And if I've offended anyone I'm truly sorry. And just for the record I did apoligize to Rooster last night.
but any way....GhostRider out.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Space The Final Fron.....Naaaaa

:) Today was a great day in space and it's time to make some things clear.

Time heals all wounds and depending on the maturity level of the people involved the time can be significantly cut down. Now, that being said; I was not going to say anything to Ghostrider (you see he is now with a friendly color? This will be explained) for shooting me. It happens. I mentioned how I tried to kill my wing man before. Like actively tried to kill him. I was new and had no awareness of what I was really doing. The thing that set the whole situation into motion was the comment, "Is there a problem?" Fighting words if I ever heard them.

Ok, now we have a little back story so let's move on to the outcome. I will always post in the flight log and love when people post here. The community is second to none and taking a look at what little ol' me writes is a wonderful and positive thing.

I saw Ghostrider loggin in. I had my mind set on not being rude in any way because the last thing I want to be is a toxic imprint in the Verse. I was down on a planet and using my Terrain Walker. I found a Plat mining beam and was super pumped to find 5 million on the surface of a planet! Well, in my haste and as you can see from the flight log...I type slower than I think and even after a proof reading or three I still miss my grammical mistakes :) I typed in chat, "HOLY CRAP I just found a play mining beam on this planet!"

Hahahahhaa, O, man.....The boys jumped on that. All making comments about what it played and what not. The hazing was on point. Everything you would expect from a group of space junkies. Ghostrider even joined in. This was good. I saw it as an oppertunity to show that I was not going to be toxic to him without actually approaching him verbally or in space. I just mentioned how they where all over that mistake and laughed.

He asked me if I was still mad. This was the oppertunity I needed to explain why I was mad at all. I love flying with new pilots and he is by no means new but I expect to be shot and ran into. All how we learn. Hurt a friend and feel it more than hurting ourselves. Human nature. I told him that it was not the gun but the, "Is there a problem?" Comment. Well.......how do you think he responded? He said he was sorry and that he is just an old fart that says things wrong sometimes. HOLD THE PHONE. This showed instant maturity. I told him that I was just a young hot head. Then we flowed with banter of young and old. As of now, my only problem in space is the Vonari.

It was a slow day mostly. I didn't get half of what I wanted done. I was in my ship for no less than ten hours and didn't do one WZ mission. I have only 19 points left to get my Chimmy. *sniffle*...so close and yet so far. Only far because space was filled with commradery. I spent 90% of my time in space with Waniac. He is on his second day and I have to say if he had a solid link to the verse he would be no less than a thousand percent farther.

We flew to Rucker and bulit Hunter frames and compared notes. A great aspect of building your ship is they will almost never be the same. Rubber Chicken and I built legacy's one time and they where almost identical. Made me giggle. All the options and we had one mind. Instant friends. Wayniac, is one of those pilots that doesn't want the world out the gate. He has fun doing mission and learning to do everything his frame can. Impressive considering how easy it is to ask any one of a hundred pilots how to do something and move on quickly. (My Hunter was better btw BAHHAHAHAAH j/k)

The young pilot has yet to kill his first ship. I took the Hunter frame and flew around Rucker killing stuff. I was waayyy suprised with it's capabilities. A great little frame and pleanty of hardpoints. You can set that frame up so you can take part in every type of quest and still have four missiles. You can even updrade the shield to 9 if you use 500 units of fuel. Eight if you roll with a grand of fuel. Stylish too. BUT....it does not compare to Betsy. That Leviathan frame is still my favorite civ frame. As far as the Hunter, Wayniac will be wrecking the opposition soon.

Space was full of this and that but ended on a great note. Come to find out Akuma is quite the fighter pilot. Caleb logged on and sent a universe wide, friendly, PvP challenge. Akuma was all over it. Hearing them banter made me have to go and get involved. I'm nosey like that. Well.....eventaully every pilot in space was in the Tailson WZ watching the fights and I even took a turn. Caleb in his shrike and Akuma in his Legacy. I myself was in that first Evoch ship you get at 100 points. Caleb and Akuma went a couple rounds and Akuma impressively landed final blows. That legacy was putting in work. I offered to go and Akuma obliged. I am not a distance runner. This fight was taking forever. At one point I should of died but due to my speed I could continue on my path and heal up. Dirty. Pass after pass. Excalibur pack launch.....reload....launch...reload. I forfeited and bowed a head to Akuma. No matter how you cut it he had me. I can't see how those high speed passes are fun. Maybe when I get my inertial management down and can follow up with the downed shields. PvP in the future for sure. :D

If you have a frame and are not in space.....you are missing out.

AMF: Rooster

Side Note:

PaulB was kind enough to answer some questions I had about rep in MP. One thing is still fuzzy.

IF I try to fix my rep in MP while in MP can I eventually fix a system? All of my flying is in MP. Crossing over to SP is not the question :P "Can, I fix faction standing in a multiplayer system?"

Reply's and debates are welcome at all times. hahaha
akuma92802
Ensign
Ensign

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by akuma92802 »

Theses fight were my firsts pvp... That was fun and I learned a lot. :) My thanks to Caleb and Rooster for the good time and the lesson. It even helped me to fight more efficiently vs AI ships. :)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

From post: 176427, Topic: tid=11331, author=poneytailman wrote:Hmm... This is a great game where players are allowed to take whatever path they choose. Some players believe it is bad to give out, what some call "secret information", but yet players have it posted all over the net. Doesn't make much sense to me. Players help new players all the time on here, once I sold a new player a mantis drive. That's not a spoiler, that's called trading for profit, plus it helps the new players to get around better and explore more. Keeps them more interested if they know there are hidden things out there to find. There are a lot of nice players on here but there are some who take games way to serious. And yes I have made some mistakes and bad judgement calls here and in real life, like I'm sure we all have. And if I've offended anyone I'm truly sorry. And just for the record I did apoligize to Rooster last night. but any way....GhostRider out.
There are lots of 'spoilers' in the forum. If you get hold of the 'Hints&Tips Guide' there are lots & lots of spoilers in that as well - it's a collection of hints, tips advice and spoilers from players and Vice! - it's available from SeeJay's site. Spoilers include things like trade routes where you can 'earn' 30 million credits per minute on average (I managed a billion credits per hour when I was in the zone) or where really interesting things are hidden (gates inside asteroid caves, for example). Spoilers are always going to appear - in most commercial games you can buy a 'walk through manual' = spoiler.

The warnings about spoilers in this community are simply suggesting that if you can't resist giving one then make it clear that what you are writing is a spoiler before someone reads it!

For example, put SPOILER at the start or write your spoiler in Navy which looks like this: 'Navy', so it can't be easily read without someone selecting and copying and pasting the text and changing the colour - so it looks something like this . . .

'this could be spoiler text telling whatever you've just discovered'

Lots of players really do want to do it for themselves - the hard way - and don't want to read stuff that gives them the naswer . . . others want the spoilers - getting 30million credits per minute on average using the Pearl Hidden Planet Scam for example. If you are happy sharing you latest potential spoiler, you can just offer to send it via a U2U to those who would like to hear it. :P

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by DaveK »

From post: 176428, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:Space The Final Fron.....Naaaaa

:) Today was a great day in space and it's time to make some things clear.

I saw Ghostrider loggin in.

Side Note:

PaulB was kind enough to answer some questions I had about rep in MP. One thing is still fuzzy.

IF I try to fix my rep in MP while in MP can I eventually fix a system? All of my flying is in MP. Crossing over to SP is not the question :P "Can, I fix faction standing in a multiplayer system?"

Reply's and debates are welcome at all times. hahaha
First - I'm really glad that you've sorted it out with Ghostrider :D

Second - In EM, SP & MP reputation is the most confusing thing there is, so it would seem - the description and explanation of your multiple reputations, how they they work, how they mesh and how you change them has challenged even Vice Himself to clarify to us mortals!

I suggest you download the Hints&Tips Guide - even if you don't want to read the hints, tips, advice, discussions and spoilers therein (it's a couple of hundred pages!) but just read the ten pages explaining Reputation and changing it and how MP and SP (don't) mesh - the three bullet points are taken from it. It contains the distilled wisdom so far from players and Vice concerning 'Reputation' :P It's available from SeeJay's site

Just to give a flavour:
  • First, there are 4 global reputation categories: Hostile, Moderate, Fair, and Good. Each one of these establishes your overall reputation in an area of space.
  • Second, each global reputation is divided into specific faction reputation levels (displayed in the News Console). These secondary values are the core of how the reputation system works and is what you will need to monitor in order to gauge your progress. They indicate the specific progress you are making toward the next tier.
  • Third, In addition to the overall system reputation level, you also have individual reputation levels with the specific factions in each system. There are five factions: Energy Companies, Navy, Rebels, Guilds and Miners.
:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:cool: In MP, you can change your reputation with each faction but you can't change the overall reputation of the system. In other words, a Hostile system will remain hostile and, consequently, all contracts will be combat oriented. But, by changing your faction reputation, you'll see fewer "good guy" ships attacking you.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

From post: 176434, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote::cool: In MP, you can change your reputation with each faction but you can't change the overall reputation of the system. In other words, a Hostile system will remain hostile and, consequently, all contracts will be combat oriented. But, by changing your faction reputation, you'll see fewer "good guy" ships attacking you.
GOOD TO KNOW!!!!! Kind of a follow up question but let's say I get in good with the good guys...can I pummel the bad guys until they bribe instead of attack? Like say below 3-4%.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

I never paid any attention to bribes ... 'though I do have vague memories of seeing some of the guild or rebel pilots mentioning them. Thinking about it for a minute ... it might be cool if you could increase your global reputation in MP. That way, you could act like a guide to those pilots with a less favorable reputation. Maybe, if you registered as Fair, you could get non-combat contracts ... even in an otherwise Hostile star system. ("Stand aside, gentlemen, while I accept a Recovery contract.")
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

hahahah! ya, I was wanting to make a system friendly to me. Make a little home for me. It seem's that the juice is not worth the squeeze on MP though. Shame. There is plenty to do anyhow.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:cool: There are also plenty of friendly and semi-friendly uncharted star systems with planets and cities. Most of them are unclaimed. Adopt one.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

What a day!

I guess I can start by saying sorry to all the pilots that are unfortunate enough to deal with my current state. I have ebola. Well, more like i'm sick and don't feel good and when that happens the amount of sand in my...Terrain Walker is exponential. Easily the biggest child in the verse.

Some great things did happen. I wanted to go and work for the Military some and get my Chimera. It is the most wonderful craft for me and fits my peronality to a T. Big, strong, and a pretty. Yes, I realize how humble I am and I appreciate you noticing. ;) While in the WZ pilots just kept arriving. One after the other. At one point it felt like the sky's were littered with pilots. All working towards a common goal. Where were these pilots when the Vonary hit? There skill in dropping the opposition was top notch. As many pilots as navy. Quite a site. I apologize for not having accurate notes on every pilot. The Ebola has me pretty bad.

Wayniac got his first kills in the Warzone. Awesome to see a pilot in a Hunter Vic frame risk life and limb. Oblivion Wolf also had his fair share of Vonari burriels. Caleb was also on fire. Doing his thing. There was a pilot that remained a little ellusive, Parasite Oni. A pilot I have never seen before but obviously having some knowledge of his cockpit. When I first left my planet, heading into orbit, I got several messages saying he was constructing stations. He then went to his own WZ. I have a feeling I will fly with pilot eventually. He as chatty and polite.

I also managed to build my Home. The system where I will live. Merak, the system that was hit hardest by the Vonari. I saw promise in the people there. Resilant people fighting to repair a once thriving and beautiful system. I managed to drop a constructor in the asteriod field. Set up a trading station and all it's upgrades next to the Saturn like planet. Much smaller than Saturn but still....a momento of home. The planet Merak itself is amazing. A non windy planet with blue waters that reflect into the sky's and atmosphere. An orange sun and the backlight off the nebula makes for quite a site when on the surface. The planet is rich with resources of all types and even has dried up lakes rich in platinum. I discarded the license on the station I built and bought a license on Merak Statoin. Better to store things there and the trade run is nice. Like a super Sapphire system. Everything is a little more expensive and sells for a little more. Not as good as Pearl but good enough for me. It also feels good because I did it. Not so cheap feeling when you are the one who put the effort in. If you wish to build, please speak to the home owners association. They are very strict about where you place your Statoins and what you call them. Wayniac had a great idea. he said I should call my station Ameraka. Kinda awesome. I wanted my hideaway though. Maybe I will make a bar and call it, Amerika. If you find yourself boppin around in space, head on over to Rooster's Hideaway. Relax on the planet, gaze at the stars. When you fly in them it is easy to forget how we used to feel just looking up at them.

SPOILER ALERT

Black Holes can suck my tail pipe.

My gosh....so I have a very bad memory. No joke, I forget everything in time. I remember using black holes before. Traveling to Sol etc. I just didn't remember how to use them. It was literally like a whole new experience.

I tried going real slow right up to it. Backing in. Jumping in from all angles. Jumping when I got right up to it. Starting from way back and getting my speed up to 8k then jumping. You name it I tried it. Well, everything that requires you to bump into the side of that dang thing. Poor, Unknown had to watch the whole thing. He said he would tell me how when I gave up. ME! Give up?! Never! Not true, fifteen deaths later and I was mad enough to chew nails. I told him how I tried to jump in from 1k, 1.5k, 2k and still nothing. He asked one question..just one, "From the center."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to come out of my jump in the center of that thing. Why is there such an evil and awesome thing like that?! Goodness. I asked him what the equation was to calculate the added cords. He said there was no equation. It was at this moment I lost my mind:

What I think happened

What actually happened

Lol, after me giving the full wrath of the Rooster to Unknown he just told me. Poor guy. AND yes, after he told me I felt stupid for not getting it. He told me he thought I would have a eureka moment....I didn't know how to tell him but I already did and that is as far as my little brain will go.

Thank you for your patience, Unknown. :)

Side Note:

There may be no flight log tommorow. I do not know if I can even sit in the cockpit. Ebola's got me.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 176476, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:
Side Note:

There may be no flight log tomorrow. I do not know if I can even sit in the cockpit. Ebola's got me.
That might be my fault.... :( You may have picked up a case of the [POX] when I passed by you in stealth mode at the Port Oasis station dock a couple days ago. :o :D:D:P

Seriously, I would have liked to have been there for the Von smashing ceremonies, but I had some RL to attend to... :(
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Ebola has turned into the Bird Flue. I can move around and am feeling better. The new PC came in so I will spend the next day trying to High Res mod the ever lovin crap out of the Verse.

Updates to follow and mod recommendations are welcome.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

HELP HELP HELP

So, I downloaded a ton of mods. Here is a list for reference:

High Res Asteroids
High Res Nebula's
Cylon Raider's (Vonari only)
Starport City
High Res Civ Ships
High Res Capitol Ships
Warp Effects
SilicumMAX (HUD and all bell's and whistles)
Hanger Dock (the one with the squid taco :))
Sounds (tons and tons of them)

Now, all this is awesome. Cylon's are my favorite. The High Res mods look so amazing. The Asteroids need to be mentioned. They are flat out as good as it gets for asteroids.

What I still want:

I would love if someone could point me to high res Planets. The whole kit. Fauna, textures, everything. I found a fauna mod but didn't have access to view or download it.

Problems I am having:

For some reason the chat window is being cut in half. It seems like no matter how high my resolution is my screen still cuts of the edges. Like 3 inches off each side. It's odd. The screen looks full and great but my mouse will not travel past a certain distance on either side. Like it is an old school monitor with the view of a 1080p monitor. I have tried everything I know how to do. Checked the options in game and made sure the graphics and resolution where accurate. Tried Optimized and 1600x900. I also checked the resolution of the monitor and my video card settings. I am at a loss. Help please if you have had this problem.

Nit Picks:

I have grown to love Busch's no frills HUD so much so that the Silicum Max is kinda to much. I just want to remove small things. Like the line that runs across the whole center to show level. I just want the center two lines running up and down. Maybe even remove the docking lines at stations. I have docked so many times I know when I am not on the proper approach. lol, well, I think I do. Should I just start removing stuff and seeing what happens? If it is bad just put it back? rofl, idk...give me a heading.

Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Capt_Caveman »

there are no higher res planet textures, there not supported in this game.

is it only the chat window that's clipped ?
(there's a fix for that)

or is it both sides of the main screen that's clipped ?
(probably a video setting issue)

hud mods are composed of model files and textures
look at the textures and see if you can find the right one
and edit to your liking

if I understand correctly, the files you want to edit are
hudtape.png, hudtape-shadow.png

[Edited on 5-2-2015 by Capt_Caveman]
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

Hey Rooster,

One of the mods, if I remember correct, is a .dat file. (text file to position the chat)
Look see if you downloaded one named chattext.dat.
If you did, I believe its purpose is to move the chat window all the way left.
It caused a temporary issue with me similar to what you are describing.

Anyway, when I went in a station all the way to hangar and back out, it seemed to correct itself.
There is also a thread here describing this issue, see if I can find it.

Edit,
Heres that thread http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11627
and another http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... #pid172566
Are you using the updated version of that cockpit? If not that may be it.
I'm using the version modded by Viper, it is updated and it works flawless.

[Edited on 5-2-2015 by SamKillitson]

SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

I just tried Travel buddy and it caused both sides of gameplay area, even in load pilot area to cut off about an inch both sides of screen. I'll figure it out later. I know it must be an issue with the savedatasettings.txt file.

Travel buddy is neat though and it makes me wonder what other parts of the game you can mod with C# and the savetext file. I'd like to be able to save the game evertime I dock lol!

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:o Which version of the Travel Buddy are you using? I let a 3rd party programmer make some (major)* changes to the code but, after checking his changes, I found the program to be unwieldy, so I went back to the original ... my latest version having local time displayed in the upper-right corner.

* One of the 3rd-party changes was having the program remember where the player drags the Buddy ... possibly that's what's causing the problem.