Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

From post: 176554, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote::o Which version of the Travel Buddy are you using? I let a 3rd party programmer make some (major)* changes to the code but, after checking his changes, I found the program to be unwieldy, so I went back to the original ... my latest version having local time displayed in the upper-right corner.

* One of the 3rd-party changes was having the program remember where the player drags the Buddy ... possibly that's what's causing the problem.
Let me try and figure it out Marvin, I'll post right back.

It is TravelBuddy_v3.0_&_v3.1_with_source.zip, I used the .exe that is right on top of the zip file. I already had a savedatasetting file in my game folder.

[Edited on 5-2-2015 by SamKillitson]
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

So it would seem that HUD/Cockpit I was using was the problem. I used a thumbdrive to bring my old mods over and added some new ones. I really do like Busch's no frills HUD. I added some sounds I found from Iron Man. Still testing them out but for the most part, I love them.

Star Port City mod: for some reason all the city's on the planets surface are all cocked on there side. I can dock and use them but the whole city is on it's side. I do not know how to fix this.

Also....is there anyway to change the bright white screen when I jump or use a jump gate? If you are on at night in a dark room enjoying space and WHABAM bright white light...it does two things:

1) I have some jump animations that I added and seeing it then white the it is kinda not that cool
2) IT WILL MAKE YOUR HEAD POUND LIKE SOMEONE RUBBED C4 ON YOUR FOREHEAD.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

I think the enclosed file is the one you want for turning the warp flash to black. IIRC, it goes in the main game folder.
Attachments
hidefade.txt
(1 Bytes) Downloaded 70 times
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

This is the version of the Travel Buddy I use. IIRC, it goes in the main EM game folder.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

And, finally, the savedatasettings.txt file I use with the Travel Buddy. It, almost certainly, goes in the main game folder.
Attachments
savedatasettings.txt
(6 Bytes) Downloaded 71 times
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

Hey Marvin, Somehow, dunno how, I got the mouse to go back all the way to the left but still won't travel all the way to the right but best I can tell it does not effect gameplay at all.
I think I can live with it.
I wish I knew what I did to get the mouse moving back to the right cause I have no clue. :D
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

From post: 176562, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote:I think the enclosed file is the one you want for turning the warp flash to black. IIRC, it goes in the main game folder.

Has anyone every said, "I love you?" Because I do. GAME CHANGING that white to black...my gosh

THANK YOU, Mr. Marvin.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 176570, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:GAME CHANGING that white to black...my gosh

THANK YOU, Mr. Marvin.
:cool: Thank Vice. He added two warp-FX options ... I forget the other option because I use the one in the attachment.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Does anyone know what I change in this to make the City's come off there 90 degree tilt?

Header {
1;
0;
1;
}

// Created with: DeleD 3D Editor
// Scene: DeleD Scene
// Author:
// Comment:
// Date: 12/3/2010

The file is actually huge. I was just hoping that I could change it's Header to correct it's orientation.
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Capt_Caveman »

you need to load the model into a 3d modeling program, rotate the model on it's axis and resave it.
its not just a matter of changing a couple lines of code with notepad.

[Edited on 5-3-2015 by Capt_Caveman]
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Stardate: Unknown

My systems where all reset. Plopped in an unknown ship. I know this system. I know this economy. Building up has been easy. Started with the simple mining. Made the traditional million. Flew to Pearl and turned that into 500 million. Flew to the hidden planet and bought my old love back. The Leviathan. A beautiful ship with it's own qwerks. All that I know and appreciate. It is no Starmaster but it is my baby.

I really needed to make a name for myself with the Military. Flew out to the customary starting War Zone and started flying some missions. I was joined by another pilot, Beta_Ver. His skill was amazing. It felt good to fly with another pilot that would chat and tell jokes, keep up on the kill count all while flying in combat.

We even had a situation where I shot a Cylon Raider with a concussion missile. It knocked him 9k away and we where stuck on that waypoint. Now, a new pilot might have to wonder how to proceed. Us, on the other hand, we knew. Drop a sensor somewhere in the 50 to -50k range and kill the ship that thinks they are getting away.

Mission after mission we flew. Kill count in the 70's. First time stepping in the WZ and i'm in the whale. Great fun. I am going to park this crate in Merak and switch to a mill frame after I get this crew maxed out.

Small Problem

I am not sure what mod is causing this problem but the Capital ships are tiny. Like a little bigger than a fighter. It might be a complication between the high res capital ship and the high res civ ship mods I have installed. If you have also had this problem or know how to fix it please leave a comment.

AMF: Rooster

Side Note:

Stream will be up and running tomorrow. Links will be posted shortly.
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Capt_Caveman »

the High Res Capitol Ships are pre-expansion and not compatible.
they WILL appear small in this version.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

From post: 176588, Topic: tid=11331, author=Capt_Caveman wrote:the High Res Capitol Ships are pre-expansion and not compatible.
they WILL appear small in this version.
Roger, thank you, Brother.
Beta_ver
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Beta_ver »

Ha!, concussion missile ! So that's what happened to the Vonari I saw crossing the screen at improbable speed... I thought wow ! what kind of afterburner do they have ???
As for the sensor station that was deployed right after, no idea who did that, wasn't me for sure, maybe we just got lucky that someone else needed one in the area.
If I recall, we could also hear regular cap ship detonations or fulcrum explosions, not sure which, on a regular basis, but that wasn't in our sight's range.
Command hasn't reported on official nuke tests however.
Was nice flying with you too Rooster.

[Edited on 4-5-2015 by Beta_ver]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 176605, Topic: tid=11331, author=Beta_ver wrote:As for the sensor station that was deployed right after, no idea who did that, wasn't me for sure, maybe we just got lucky that someone else needed one in the area.
Everyone in the sector gets credit for any completed contract ... conversely, if the contract isn't completed, everybody's crew loyalty drops.
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by PaulB »

From post: 176606, Topic: tid=11331, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 176605, Topic: tid=11331, author=Beta_ver wrote:As for the sensor station that was deployed right after, no idea who did that, wasn't me for sure, maybe we just got lucky that someone else needed one in the area.
Everyone in the sector gets credit for any completed contract ... conversely, if the contract isn't completed, everybody's crew loyalty drops.
Yeah, the 2nd part of that is a bit of a bummer. I kinda just stick to my Chimera if I think I'm going to do contracts in MP with anyone else in my area os the crew of my Civvie ships are not affected.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

I deployed the Sensor Station and we did complete the mission. I never fight without a Build Constructor....ever. Old tip I got from a chicken.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

From post: 176621, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:I never fight without a Build Constructor....ever.
:cool: Nor, evidently, a Deploy Constructor. ;)
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

hahahhaha, well, ya...that thingy. Love you, Marvin.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 176621, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote: Old tip I got from a chicken.
:cool: Old tip I got form a certain 'Space Terror'! :P:P
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Starting a new pilot can be epic at times. Today in space was one of those days. The sky's had pilots all on their own missions. We had two new pilots building that I.M.G rep. Making all the mistakes most of you old dogs have forgotten. The little nuances in space that only a fresh new cockpit can experience. It is a one time thing. It can be magic. The first time you use auto pilot and you didn't check to see where the way point was so you plow right into the asteroids. Or you jump right into that solar array. Little things. Burning a hundred units of fuel trying to dock. The small things that make the experience worth the climb.

Mu and CAPT_Satan are a couple pilots that learn fast. Doing their combat missions before they even ranked at all. Quite a sight really. Shoot, I had to do the race yesterday. You know that I.M.G quest that stumped the universe? :) I couldn't help but laugh at how much trouble it gave me my first time. This time I did it in the Leviathan. A huge, slow turning, beautiful ole' girl that I know in and out. Slangin and bangin those turns with ease. Keeping that speed around 1400+. Some turns had me full sideways. No fear, no worries. I have flown this ship before. I know this ship. I can fight in this big cow. Who says I can't race?

After the race I was joined by Oblivion/Templar Wolf. He is an easy going pilot. Fun and efficient. We did some of the combat missions for I.M.G together. Having proven myself to them many times, as I'm sure he has also, why not do them together? I have yet to do any I.M.G mission with a wing man. It is a whole new and fun experience. Knowing you won't fail or having to worry about going through the jungle of error together. Dropping a sensor in a mission because all the ships are running and the way points take way longer than they should. Missions that are hit with fun in mind instead of the "how" of it. Headlong into the enemy like raging demons with a blistering glare of gun fire charging the way. Our lantern of swift prejudice.

I thoroughly enjoy flights like these. Simple as it may be, the idea of the thing is what makes my mind dream. One day we will be in space. Not because of anything I did. There is some kid out there right now doing math I could never do. Self replenishing energy is our next hurdle. Solar power doesn't cut it after Mars. Will we have a new power source in my lifetime? Coal, Oil, Nuclear.....what is next. How do we power a ship in zero atmosphere? Question and mystery.

Fly Safe

Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Today in space wasn't always going "according to plan." You'll have times like that. The terminator version of a Cylon Raider. Can't seem to catch him or hurt him. He wipes out four wing man and just keeps pushing. The big turn happened when we tried to round up pilots for the ending I.M.G missions. I have done this quest many times and was overly joyed at having pilots joining in. We had a little mission in the Sierra War Zone. You know, the one where you have to do a little 3/15 for chump change? Ya, well the list of pilots made this mission easy. Well, should of been easy. Everyone was there. SeeJay blessed us with his presence. My, fast becoming, good buddy Oblivion/Templar Wolf was on fire. Beta_Ver even managed to make it. Unbroken/Unknown was even in the process of jumping in. About 60 jumps out in deep space seemed epic far to me but his travel speed was amazing. We even tried to get one of the newer pilots, Spike to join in. I saw no harm in it. The amount of firepower in the sky's was paramount.

The first time we tried it, Beta_Ver took a mission instead. I know he is used to running WZ's and just taking the best available mission. We, on the other hand, where trying to finish up the I.M.G while we had the boys in there cockpits. So, we jumped into the fight and to my surprise it counted as the I.M.G quest anyway. Good to know for future reference. Although something bad happened during this mission. I died. Failed. For some reason the BS was extremely difficult. I can usually just allocate full power to the shields and fly right into the core, put some energy into the weapon systems and blow it out of the sky. Not this time. It just wiped me out. Felt like it shot me a hundred times at once.

The second time, I took the mission. Again, another fail. Nobody died but for some reason I lost connection to the mission and it was considered a fail.

Third time we got it. I was beyond frustration. Me! Die! Never. I have a ton of pride and focus that on being the best pilot I can be. I was also hungry and I turn a little aggressive when I don't eat. Well.....I freak out. :D

Now, this may not seem like much but we had a slight problem even before this. My buddy, The Wolf and myself where knocking out some of the easier missions before we met the Goon Squad in Sierra. Mr. Wolf is a good fighter. I didn't realize how new he was. Until....until he wanted to try something. This is that story. It is hilarious and should be read from a place of excitement and humor. Might help to drop Sail in the track.

The Epic And Unforgiving Anti-Matter Bomb

Riding high in the Leviathan always makes me feel like a conqueror of worlds. An ancient pirate on the high sea's. This galleon of a vessel is a war tank if ever there was one. Slow on the turn, fast on the gun. The sheer amount of ships that have met there end is only comparable to the scratch's on the hull. Each scratch took a victim. Floating in space, bloated, a memory left in the form of victory marks.

The day started the same as everyday. Blowing things up. "O, did that Navy pilot look at me wrong?" BOOM...his death. "Hey, you don't want to trade with me?" Boom....another one bites the dust. Space is a ruthless place. We say, "The day started." Ha, what a joke. The only warmth in space is generated by the hum of my engine. A low roar only heard due to the oxygen being pumped inside this metal carcass of destruction so that I may survive another moment. Another fight. This day was different. I had a reason to fight. I was meeting, The Wolf, for a mission. The I.M.G decided to test us. Simple things at first. Do this, get that, clean this, and then we got the kill stuff orders. This is where I shine. Ya, I clean the crap out of a solar array or blow some asteroids out of the way for those simpleton traders but where I sing is in combat.

I met The Wolf in a little corner of space to do some regular "kill these baddies" kinda contract. Nothing we haven't done in the past. Except this time he wanted to try out his new tactic. I made a grave mistake. I showed him my Deploy Constructor. Ya, ya, he has used them before but i was keen on showing him the combat applications for this bad boy. His elation at the idea of it's possibilities left...well kinda left a faint memory of joy on my brain plate. I can recall the first time I saw what this baby could do. Little by little it became a part of my arsenal. A part of my Betsy. My Leviathan. This mission was simple. Go to "x" marks the spot, kill the incoming fighters and wipe out the Capital ship with the cargo. I tried to get a better feel of The Wolf's plan. Asked him several times what he had in mind. He kept saying in, what I can only assume, in the most excited tone ever, "The shield, Man. The shied." "Just get into the shield when I say." I know I am not an intelligent individual. By no means am I stupid or dense. I just seem to always find people way beyond my processing power. Even I knew something wasn't right about his shield idea.

We jumped into the location and were instantly greeted by more ships than we where warned about. This is normal. They say there will be four fighters protecting the Cap and there is more like ten. No worries. I fight with one idea in mind, "Little Victories." When you are outnumbered and overwhelmed people often forget a simple principal, "A wound is the same as a kill." Hit them hard enough, enough times, and they will tuck tail and run. This was my approach. I fired up my inertial dampening system to times five and adjusted my speed to a little over twelve hundred. I should be going faster in combat but this big ole' girl turns slow. Too much speed makes a pilot just as ineffective as a dead one. Playing on Betsy's strengths I hit inertial and aimed for the rear pilot. A wide arch set around the incoming fighters. The little fire they managed to land put a smile on my face. You poke Betsy and she's gonna get mad. And mad she did.....sliding in around the rear pilot with skill only achieved with time in the seat aiming for his ship in a perfect bait drift. He might as well of been writing a letter. All he had time to do was lick the stamp. Blasted from his ship and eaten by space.

One down, two jumping in. This was going to be a long fight. I had the remainder of the dead pilots wing in a drift. Adjusting my distance and wiping them out like a Symphony. Sweet highs and low's of destruction. No symphony is complete without some percussion. This came in the form of the Wolf. Flying in over nine thousand. Making a great mess of things. Fly in, kill one and blow past them like Halley's comet. I do mean exactly that. The comet was renowned on old earth. It had a seventy-six year orbit and every time it would go around the sun it would lose almost six meters of rock and ice forming a tale. When flying past the earth it would rain down some of this tail in a meteor shower. This is exactly how the wolf fights. Fly in over nine thousand, take a ton of damage and kill one while leaving his meteor shower. Basically pieces of his ship. He is gaining his own battle scars. His death count is rising and his skill rises with every kill. Slowly becoming an efficient and dependable wing man. I said slowly, for the next series of events made me want to choke the life out of him and laugh till tears fell all at the same time.

It seemed we would never catch a break. For every pilot shot down there was one to replace it. It was an odd sight really. These mission usually are without contest. A blip of a memory. More robotic than an emotional experience. This was different. This was a fight. I maintained the bait drift until the main force was eliminated. This should of been our chance to attack the Cap. I went in, focused on the engines, and started to do damage. Shields down, engines taking damage. 90%....85%.....BAM, I was hit so hard I had to swallow the foot down and out my own tail pipe. I had my screen set to focus only on the Cap, my linear vision set to engines and focusing on power to my weapons to maintain constant fire on my victim. I didn't even realize how many fighters made it in. I had three sitting on me. They must of held fire right up to the last second. Amazing how smart they are getting. Full power to shields, roll out and full burn away from the cap and fighters. Counter measures flying like a trail of mistakes. My ole girl straight lost her bowels. I got a little distance from the mother of all defended cap ships and dropped a shield. I was on 20% hull and running only on inertial power. Those buggers had about taken ole' Betsy and I to meet the old god. Sitting in the shield I had time to form a plan. I could see the whites of these fighters eyes. Three turned into four, four turned into five. I wasn't going down like this.

Off in the distance I could see Wolf flying like a mad man. It looked like he had no real heading or control of his ship but he was leaving victims. A trail of ships in his wake. His meteor shower. I had time to lick my wounds. My Excal's where up in ten and hull was at 50%. What would any self respecting battle hardened pilot do? I flew right up to the edge of the shield, looked those scum bags right in the eyes, gave them a departing finger and started my full thrust in reverse. IDS at five set to max. Gaining speed. Hit inertial and scuttled the shield. FIRE, excal's away. One down, fired on the second, two down. I still had one behind me and two up top. I knew I was going to take fire. The little piece of debris behind me did more damage than expected. I knew I was going to blow by him so I let the rear shield fall. Passing him a little faster than I wanted I had to adjust my speed to finish him off while he was at a stand still. Keep your speed up. Did this pilot learn nothing in training? His death was swift and I still had two to go. Then the worst possible out come happened. My radar lit up again. five ships, seven K out and moving in hot. These are no Vonari but a bunch can still kill and there was a bunch. I had the other ships in a bait drift and took them out with extreme prejudice. Spun on the x axis and dropped a repair station. Coming to a halt I knew there would be a little wait before I was repaired. I used this time to watch the incoming formation. The second I was repaired my plan came to me like a huge wave.

I only knew where Wolf was because I could see him off in the distance. The cap ship between him and myself and five fighters coming in hot off to my left. Station scuttled I needed to get up to speed. I had little time to react and instead chose the inertial option. Full inertial to the left and max thrust. I wanted to see if I could get an orbit on those incoming fighters before they passed. I managed to get the orbit going. Due to my dead stop into an orbit I took some damage. They managed to bust through my front shield and yellow out my right side. Augmenting power to even out the the shield and putting some distance between us and using thrust I easily took control of this situation. One, two, three all falling like mistakes. Easy peasy. I saw Wolf's shield come up and his comm's orders to get in the shield. I still had the cap ship between him and me and no fighters in sight....one shot. I had to take it. There was no time to fly past the Cap and let it live. There has to be another group jumping in any second. I hit the cap ship as hard as I've ever hit anything. My excal's weren't up so it was all stick. I just hit it with everything, dropped it's shields and cheesed it's engine into oblivion. Mission complete.

Wolf died two times during this mission. I felt like a weak wing man not staying on his tail. His erratic flying was hard to keep up with and we had a mission to complete. We completed that mission and found another cap ship only eight K away ripe for his plan. He dropped the shield on the only Cap ship left and asked me to fly into it. At this point I should of put two and two together. Instead I flew in the shield and held on. The Cap ships can shoot through the shield and I had to allocate all power to shields just to be able to stay in the dang thing. The little fighters on the outskirts couldn't shoot me but that Cap ship was letting me have it. He then executed his plan........He fired......He fired a Fulcrum Torpedo at the Cap ship.

The mission was complete and I guess he just wanted to completely clean that little part of space by shooting a percentage of anti-matter at it. Our death was quick and painless. One second you are staring down a Cap and the next second you are looking at nothing. If the shield can't stop a Cap's guns how can it stop a torpedo? So many times I have seen pilots try this. Fire a torp, hide in the shield. At first I was furious. How could he be so obtuse? Then I laughed till I cried. Mainly because I remember trying to do the same thing. I only killed myself though. I also remember how Cindy tried to teach me how to use those dang torps and to this day I cannot. He also felt extreme guilt, which helped.

One mission....just one makes this Verse worth it.

SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

Good stuff Man.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Marvin »

:o Is there a Reader's Digest version of that last log entry?
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Yep, those 'pedoes are will git ya. :P
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.