Rooster's Flight Log

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Beta_ver
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Beta_ver »

Apologies for getting you into a fight that got you killed while you were trying to achieve something else Rooster, it was not my intention. It was pure ignorance from my part, now I'll ask before I jump into a sector and rush to the station to declare war to the Vonari.

*** Possible spoiler ***

For the story, just fired a round of excal while accelerating into a jump, the result was interesting : 6 fired before the jump, the remaining 2 disappeared ... Until they passed me rushing towards the closest enemy. To my surprise ...
With a bit of timing and better positioning, this could be an interesting manoeuver to tweak, the enemy having to deal with missiles coming from 2 different directions.

It is possible to deploy a station while stealth generator is engaged, there is even extra time if you don't want anyone to see you at all. Not sure if it was in this thread the question was asked though.

Respect.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

STREAM IS UP!!!

Link To Twitch

Schedule:

Mon-Sun: 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Central (US and Canada)

Short break and stream continues:

7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. Central (US and Canada)

Sunday: Rest Day

[Edited on 04/09/2014 by Rooster]
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

From post: 176765, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:STREAM IS UP!!!.

Schedule:

Mon-Sun: 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Central (US and Canada)

Short break and stream continues:

7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. Central (US and Canada)

Sunday: Rest Day
What Bat Channel?
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Hahhahaha, Sorry, I was a little behind this morning and forgot to add the link. :D Edited the post to include the link.
SamKillitson
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by SamKillitson »

From post: 176768, Topic: tid=11331, author=Rooster wrote:Hahhahaha, Sorry, I was a little behind this morning and forgot to add the link. :D Edited the post to include the link.
Cool man, I'll check it out tonight.
I can't chat though cause I got no Bookface account but I'll be cheering you on in the background.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Found out something awesome today. I googled mods for X3 Albion prelude and my google+ account popped up in the top 5. I posted a comment on Evochron and X3 on Worth a Buy's youtube page it rang out with almost 4000 views on my account. I hope this got the word out a little bit and I will have links to my twitch channel. Evo had to get some feed back. Had to. Thirty-eight hundred people clicked on my google+ account since April 27.

I could use all the help in the world to get the page out there and in the open. Watch it, if you like, tell someone. Scroll up for a link and schedule.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Streamed a bit of Evo today. Started a fresh pilot in single player and made a million. Started on my guns and will most likely run some combat tomorrow. It was horrid weather here today so the stream got choppy and I had to cut it short. Can't plan for the weather :D

Tune in tomorrow. I will run Evo from 1:00 PM Central Standard until 5:00 PM. Then it's off to some PvP for the night show. Got to hit all demographics.

AMF: Rooster
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Rooster's Flight Log

Post by Rooster »

Hello, Space Junkies!

I am way late to the party but I have finally purchased Legacy. I need some guidance.

I downloaded the Overhaul Project mod and installed it. I love it. It is clean and nice only one thing...it is ridiculous bright. Like I can't even look at anything shiny. Any tips on how to tune this down?

Also is there a mod like in EM that makes the warp tunnel not show up in white but in black? So I don't blow out me eyeballs every time I jump? ;D

Side Note:

I will be streaming the crap out of this game soon and it will be followed up with a flight log continued here. I sure hope some of you guys are still sitting in the cockpit.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Rooster wrote:Also is there a mod like in EM that makes the warp tunnel not show up in white but in black? So I don't blow out me eyeballs every time I jump? ;D
The EM mod should work without any changes ... just drag it into the EL main game folder. 8)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

You'll need to ask Misunderstood Wookie about the overhaul mod.
It uses direct X hooks to inject features in game. That said, there's likely a bloom injector and a text file with config flags inside of it.....Wookie likely knows how to tweak it I myself don't use that injector.

As for the warp tunnel, yeah late night gaming it wakes you up.

Make a text file called hidefade and inside put simply a 1
The sun's glare is still visible but it's a lot better, and jumping in nebula gives it a very neat effect.

That is how some extra functions are called up using these text files, similar to a console.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

I just took my mods from EM and injected them into EL. I don't know much about how modding works but everything seemed to work great. I have that text file made and installed and the sounds worked too. My HUD mod has a little trouble but I am editing the messed up parts in Microsoft Paint. Not a pro fix but I should have Busch's minimal HUD installed and working asap along side the Perch Cockpit. If I could get my hands on the Overhaul Projects texture updates I'd be in nerd heaven =)

Thank you for the reply and heads up!
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

Evochron Legacy: Day #1

How long? How long has it been since I sat in a proper Evo spacecraft? Felt so foreign, surreal even. I decided to do some basic maneuvers in space and a planetary landing to get acclimated. Back on the station, it was time to take some missions. Seems the only ones being offered are a race and some SOS calls. I blew the doors off the race. That guy did not know the Rooster. Been a long time since I flew a ship but that doesn't mean I didn't make the story race in a Mammoth frame in full inertial back in the EM days.

If the sun was a problem before it's just plain fun now. Low light mode was a game changer. In the race we hit a sun patch and I just dropped my visor and increased my speed. Hearing the roar of the engines was inspiring. I had to go mine. My favorite task. Rumors of crafting floating in my head.

I bought a mining beam with my winnings and what little I had in the ol' pocket. Proceeded to head out to an asteroid field. I did some small ship modifications to have tons of cargo. Tons and tons of cargo. These whipper snappers will never understand the struggle. I went out to make a cool few million. Just gathering everything I could.

It didn't happen like that though. I collected the ore and saw not one other ship. Man, did I feel lonely. I couldn't talk or trade with anyone just me and the hum of the mining beam. I collected a full load. One hour of work to do so. I was quit proud. My first stop was a Constructor Station. For the life of me I couldn't find one. I made several jumps and nothing. Decided it was best to drop this load and start on the story.

Sold the load at a decent price. I'm sure better prices could of been found but I spent as much time looking for a place to craft the metal as I did mining the whole lot. I started the quest line and followed it to an asteroid field with a cryptic message and another location to head to. I couldn't just burn off from this sector, low and behold, on my scanners there was a huge asteroid cave. If memory served me correct, there was loot to be found in there.

I did my slow five hundred internal travel through the whole thing. I found a blueprint for a Build Constructor. Blew my mind something like this would just be laying around. Memories of hidden chests with limitless platinum flooded my vision. I searched and searched and found no such thing. The blueprint was my prize and fine one at that.

I did some more searching for a Constructor. I sure wish I could find one. Would be nice to turn mined minerals into the pieces I need to build this blueprint. Tomorrow this is my plan. I will find a Constructor Station and mine everything needed to get this Build Constructor completed. With a little luck I may be able to upgrade the economy here. I like it. It has everything I want in the landscape it just needs more people. Well, if I've learned anything from my time space, economy brings blood. In all forms.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

The raw nostalgia is intoxicating. Everything I do has my memory flooded with old times. I am hooked. I don't mind doing any of the missions. I just take whichever one pays the best. I try to make a little side cash on any mission that requires a planetary landing or anything to do with asteroids.

The most epic thing ever......

Have you ever chased asteroids through an atmosphere? Ya, if you haven't, get on that. It has to be the best addition I've experienced yet. It is by far the most fun a newbie pilot, with starting guns, can have. It's exhilarating.

Also, cleaning solar arrays is much easier than I remember. I didn't miss a one of them. They got cleaned without a hiccup. It also feels good to do SOS missions. I didn't dabble much in them before but now that I get them at the station I am all over it. Any pilot that needs help, gets it. Feels good, Man.

Now to the sad news. I searched some more for a Constructor Station but to no avail. I deiced to put some feelers out in space and sure enough my fellow pilots have covered this. They do not exist anymore. I was really looking forward to mining and turning mined minerals into materials for blueprints and stations. No worries, I will move on. I just have to establish some knowledge about where to buy what. Seems I am trying to be herded into jumping more often to other sectors. I can follow the pack. Even though I would love to work on a system and move on only after my appetite had be satiated.

This being said, I still have a game plan. I will put my time in and work to upgrade my frame. I have a couple of templates made and two stages of growth. I have a two million mark and five million mark. Today I will finish off the two million mark. I am more than half way. After the frame is upgraded the first time I will do some exploring and try to find the best place to buy some upgrades for it. Then I will take combat missions and local missions in contested zones. After I can upgrade to a point where I feel strong then I'll start tying to push back the opposition and build what I can.

Reading about the new galaxy and the changes that have been made, I'm going to have to put some effort in on missiles. Before it was just an Excal pack. Now, it would seem, it's about yields and the disruptor.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Rooster wrote:I searched some more for a Constructor Station but to no avail. I deiced to put some feelers out in space and sure enough my fellow pilots have covered this. They do not exist anymore. I was really looking forward to mining and turning mined minerals into materials for blueprints and stations.
Constructor stations are now part of a space station. Check your options after docking.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

Marvin wrote:
Rooster wrote:I searched some more for a Constructor Station but to no avail. I deiced to put some feelers out in space and sure enough my fellow pilots have covered this. They do not exist anymore. I was really looking forward to mining and turning mined minerals into materials for blueprints and stations.
Constructor stations are now part of a space station. Check your options after docking.
I love you, Marvin. I'll try to open my eyes next time I dock.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

Another awesome discovery. I docked at a station and got a mission I've never seen before. They where asking for samples of the animal life on the planet. Offering me two hundred thousand credits to fly down and gather up some birds? I was all over it. I must of collected twenty or so birds. Made a killin'. I upgraded my ship, traveled what seemed a dozen sectors to finally get my guns sorted out. Using the trusted weapons lab.

A couple of things on the guns. I know I am flying a low tier frame but, geeze, do these guns run through some energy. I used to use the longest range guns I could but that is just not possible. I decided on the second longest range. I figured it would be much higher yields with twenty km less range. I am going to have to learn some energy management to be efficient in combat. I think missiles are going to be super important.

I took a combat mission to test this frame. The only one I could find was to attack a ship that was disabled. I know this is a capital ship mission but I was counting on backup. I got plenty of backup and almost died to the first ship I saw. It was an Arrow. I should be able to take an arrow but I am not even sure if I busted it's shields. It hit me hard and all my systems went dead. I did the standard inertial escape and was lucky enough to get paid due to the Federation destroying the target. First fight was all my fears into one. Alliance ships are going to be a pain in the vents.

I docked to try my hand at the built in constructors on stations. I still can't find them. I do not think it is possible to turn metal into the sub components to make the larger blueprints at the Engineering lab. As far as I can tell, you get blue prints with luck and then you must travel to the end of the known systems to purchase the components you need. Disappointing but manageable. I wanted to find more blueprints. I've spent hundreds of thousands trading info with pilots, to no avail.

I think most pilots are as stupid to the blueprints as I am. Over many sectors and many trades my discoveries are as follows:

2x storage cashes

6x points of interest (very distant locations)

4x hints to check rings for wrecks. (Training a crew member to help with this)

1x "Thanks for the creds now get lost"

The only blueprint I found was a Build Constructor blueprint in the asteroid cave. I knew of another such cave in Sapphire and flew there. Sapphire said it was a contested area but that doesn't mean a dang thing. Alliance owns everything in Sapphire and you can't dock at any of the stations, period. Thanks, Map, for having fancy colors when all you really need are the percentages of control. The contested area's mean nothing to me so far. You jump in and own it or don't. Another brain teaser ahead trying to figure out rep. This had me mad as a hatter.

Anyway, after much testing, it is final. I can't dock at the stations in Sapphire. I can fly into the open asteroid and did so. Searched every inch of it. Hours I spent looking everywhere. Night vision on and inertial engaged. When I was lower than one hundred units of fuel I left Sapphire. Nothing was found. Not one thing. It was just window dressing for a system I can not do anything in. I assume I'll have to build a station and take mission from said station. I can do this in time but right now I'm just being held down by the grind.

No pilots have information on Blueprints.

Systems are unavailable to me until I can build my own docking stations.

I am slowly bumping into walls. Huge, massive, walls of frustration. I will continue to push forward and see where it takes me. If I can't take back contested systems with missions and building then I'm going to hang my hat up. I have no will to explore past the points of interests I paid good money for. Missions are great and I will do them until I hate them.

Goals:

War Zone combat and military rank
Changing the economy and the Federations hold on known systems
Find at least one, god forsaken, pilot that knows something about blueprints
Train up my crew for easier information gathering
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

8) You can dock anywhere if you change over to IND. The only serious caveat is that you remain peaceful.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

One thing is slowly becoming clear. I am not a Mercenary. I am building a Legacy.

I made a pilgrimage to a little planet in Pearl. It is no longer there. At this point I had a couple options. I could get mad and stupid like I usually do or I could rethink what I am trying to accomplish. Am I trying to relive old ways or learn new ones? I decided on the latter.

I am now an Independent. I would love to take the Federation to new heights but I am not equipped to do so. I have about as much knowledge about the Federation as I do about the Alliance. I haven't been in real combat in an age either. I have much to learn about this new world before I try to purge it of heretics.

This said my day was much better when I stopped trying to fight the old ways. I found a pilot in space acting a little peculiar. I decided to buy some info off them. They just said they hadn't had much luck since they arrived in the system. Flight patterns were weird. Communication was weird. It was all too odd. I hit them up again and they freaked out. Handed me some contraband and blew the doors off their ship trying to get away. Low and behold, a Missile Defense System was sitting in my hold. Docked and had that equipped in two shakes. Three million from one pilot. Spending a million to get three seems like a good trade anyway you cut it. I talk to every pilot I can. I'd say the vast majority just give little tidbits and I am sure when I get a better jump drive and some fuel pods I'll be able to roam into space and see what they are talking about.

A couple of pilots told me they are not allowed to give me information. Have to find out why that is and remedy it. It only happens when I jump into a system and don't do any missions before I try to get a little out of them. Or if I am on a mission. Also, the pilots in the asteroid fields are the rudest bunch ever. Few talk, fewer have info.

I was trying so hard to make waves when I should of just enjoyed the current.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

I finally got it all situated.

Flying my Leviathan frame all decked out minus a stealth drive. Still have to find it. Blueprint or mission reward, time will tell. Got a ships crew up a running too. All four are 100/100. They won't leave and they know what they are doing. The difference in having a crew and not having a crew is so substantial. It is required to have them. Everything just works better.

I tried to run some combat and it was easy peasy fighting those boys outside of the station. Dropped like fly's and firing an Excal pack is satisfying as all get out. I still overshoot some and when you are in a heavy beast even "some" is a lot. I set my controls a little better to have a hand on reverse thrusters. Still, I am flying a fortress so I can take a beating and mistakes just roll off like butter on a hot knife.

Also picked up a target scanner and it changed my life. Mining is a joy. Scan em', find a good one and drop a mining probe in it and then mine till the probe is done. Pick up probes crate and BOOM. A full hold worth a ton in less than six minutes. If you like to nit pick then you can eject the diamonds and re-roll some plat. I try not to fret to much over these little things.

Still unsure about rep and how to make waves in the known systems. I want to work and try to get Federation control in every sector I can. That means I want to hit Sapphire and the other systems so hard that I can dock at the stations there. If I can never do that, then I want to blow them up and rebuild my own stations in their place.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Is my plan of a hostile takeover possible?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Not every sector in Sapphire is colonized by ALC (depending on the MP server ...) 8)
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Rooster wrote:I finally got it all situated.

Also picked up a target scanner and it changed my life. Mining is a joy. Scan em', find a good one and drop a mining probe in it and then mine till the probe is done. Pick up probes crate and BOOM. A full hold worth a ton in less than six minutes. If you like to nit pick then you can eject the diamonds and re-roll some plat. I try not to fret to much over these little things.
I agree about the target scanner - a gem! When mining it's worth keeping an eye on the sell price as you sell more and more of a commodity. The 'best' commodities can be knocked off their perch.

Next time you're in systems that haven't been visited for a while and the commodity prices have settled to their 'norms', check out diamonds vs platinum. Le roi est mort vive le roi!!

:)