What is the latest version of JSGME?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What is the latest version of JSGME?

Post by DaveK »

I'm trying to be sure I've got the latest version ... there seems to have been no more development since the middle of August 2010 with v2.6.0 (quoted as the 'latest and last version') which is the one I've got.

However I found this on Steelbeasts.com;

'This is the last 6.0 version. More flexible and bug free.

Exec the file in the game main folder. It creates a MOD file in which you put your mod files. A shortcut appears on the desktop, from which you can manage your mod files such as use them, introduce new ones, erase them. All file manipulations from the desktop.
Used it for years on SHIII, ARMA, VBS2, etc...
Since August 2010, no new version was developed.

Download link: http://www.4shared.com/file/415Buq2Zce/JSGME.html'

This link leads to a site where the download is restricted to the 'Publisher'. Could this be a typo or do some cool dudes talk about the latest version of software using the numbers after the main version ... that would make the latest EL version '0522'

Which version do you use, Marvin? :D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What is the latest version of JSGME?

Post by Marvin »

I'm using version 2.6.0.157 which is, IIRC, the version I passed on to SeeJay. The documentation for the program lists a website which is no longer active. Jaesen Jones is the guy who wrote the program ... possibly for the Silent Hunter series. But it works for just about any program where you manually install and uninstall mods (including all the programs I've modded). And it does it without deleting any and all versions of original files or earlier mods.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

Great -thanks :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Perusing the SubSim forum, where the program's author has an account, his last post for JSGME was 6-19-2010. I quote:
v2.6.0 Latest and last version
If you go to SubSim's download section, you'll see another version by Sober, dated 07-12-2015 ... but, to DL, you need to log on to the forum. Which, having forgotten my password, I didn't do. But, if you check out the following YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_0s9gtO04) you might notice that the Sober version is still 2.6.0 and the date is still 2010. Admittedly, the YouTube video does a good job of illustrating how to install and use JSGME.