[EL] Is it possible to alter position of Build/Inventory/Nav etc. window?

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Keeper1st
Ensign
Ensign

[EL] Is it possible to alter position of Build/Inventory/Nav etc. window?

Post by Keeper1st »

I saw that it was possible to move the "chat" text window for widescreen monitors, and have done so, but I don't see in the guide any indication of being able to move the window that has the navigation, build, inventory, and trade tabs. I'd like to move that over to the right so that I still can see straight ahead when I have the menu open. It looks like everything else in the HUD can be moved, so I'm thinking there must be a way to move this element too, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the Customizing page.

Am I missing something?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL] Is it possible to alter position of Build/Inventory/Nav etc. window?

Post by Vice »

It's not something that's available. From an earlier inquiry about a year ago:

Due to dependencies with how the game renders certain elements, including the mouse pointer and consoles (which are dedicated 3D surfaces that are actually rendered in the 3D scene, rather than just flat 2D overlays), there are calibrated locations used to align the various elements in 3D space. A significant part of why the game is set up this way is to support [exclusive] 3D rendering, including VR. In order to keep the mouse aligned in 3D space with the various menu elements, it uses a fixed field range out in front of the pilot's viewpoint. And the menus/consoles are aligned to match. One exception to this is the message log, where it can be placed farther off to the left side for widescreen displays and the mouse will jump to the control buttons when it is moved out of its 3D viewpoint range.

That said though, you can do things like change the borders, coloring, buttons, shadows, etc. But their locations are tightly fixed for the reasons above and some related reasons.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations