[EL] Quest_creation questions/ideas

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Quest_creation questions/ideas

Post by Vice »

Under some scenarios, the object may need to be left behind (one example in such a scenario might be to keep the object around until the player leaves the area before ending the quest so that it just doesn't suddenly disappear). I can force delete the object upon directive 88, rather than leaving it the hands of the quest designer to manually clear it. But the 'clean' way to handle it for now, if you want the object to simply disappear while the player is still in view of it, would be to use directive 19 as a pass through event before calling directive 88 to end the quest.

Edit: I've applied the code change for the next update, so directive 88 will remove any quest object left behind.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Twinley
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Twinley »

thank you Vice : )

We might also use a flash effect ( 27 ) followed by a (19) option to make disappear the objects before to use the end quest(88) option : ).

I have another question , I saw some objects with alpha transparency on the textures ( for exemple the numbers on the entrances of the space stations.) But It sounds like I can't use the alpha on the custom objects ( the transparent parts are all black) , and the both sides of the surfaces are not visible . only one side of the surfaces is visible.
So I don't know If I'm doing something wrong or not. :-[
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Correct, the quest object system uses a shared shader index to support certain rendering effects (diffuse, emissive, specular, normal and shadows), rather than an alpha blend of some kind (ie emissive alpha only). The other objects you see are dedicated for glowing/energy objects and use a different system for an additive blend.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Twinley
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Twinley »

Oh ok thank you, I had some ideas of design, but I will find other solutions ^^