[EL] PERCH cockpit!! Now for Legacy! *Beta Cockpit Conversion*

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

[EL] PERCH cockpit!! Now for Legacy! *Beta Cockpit Conversion*

Post by matchbox2022 »

So I was in contact with a person located here

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpeedyHeart

named Speedy<3, I'm not very good at modelling so I gave up on my idea but asked her/him about it..chatted sent some files....basically getting perch cockpit up and running and fixing the textures.

Well it's late, and have yet to test it in-game, but here it is (ran well on cockpit viewer).

Here's their latest version as a zip for compatibility sake and since they cannot post it themselves

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d982s ... Legacy.zip

ALL CREDIT TO THIS goes to speedy<3 on steam.

Be sure to visit them!

They had a profile here but it has been lost in the interweb void, hence why I'm posting on his/her behalf (with permission).
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PERCH!! an evochron miracle. *Alpha Cockpit Conversion*

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

So someone converted it then sweet, sorry I was not more useful been swamped lately and the perch was a task which just had to go on the back burners. Maybe I can get the alternative perch up and going the non capsule one.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

mhm! All the credit to speedy,
They did the modelling fixes and what not, I think he/she made a readme about it. He/she is on steam I linked their profile above...and seems to play a lot.

I only discussed and sent files and links. They really came through for it, totally works too. Would be nice to have all the monitors working (and blast screens are definitely wierd :P) but hey, whatevs, it's a working perch :P

[Edited on 4-29-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Swede
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Swede »

Hmm... With this in mind it makes you want to do a cockpit overhaul. What if we could have unique cockpits for each ship? That would be awesome in my opinion. Could that be done? Anyone else think that would be awesome?
Radikal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Radikal »

From post: 187999, Topic: tid=12666, author=Swede wrote:Hmm... With this in mind it makes you want to do a cockpit overhaul. What if we could have unique cockpits for each ship? That would be awesome in my opinion. Could that be done? Anyone else think that would be awesome?
You can already have a different cockpit (or flight deck) for each frame, details in the customizing instructions.
Swede
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Swede »

Only between military and civilian frames, not each individual ship
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

no....I "think" you're wrong swede, pretty sure every individual ship frame can have its own cockpit.
- An Asian father.
Swede
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Swede »

In the customizing kit, when describing the required file names for custom cockpits, it says this "The '#' character will either be a 1 for the civilian cockpit or a 2 for the military cockpit."
I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it's just two cockpits. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12236

Proof in the pudding.

The modkit might need updating, but the info is buried in there. My sound mod has issues with it as well and there's a lot of more specific info missing.

On first glance it does appear that its only two cockpits, but indeed the potential is there for a separate cockpit for every single ship frame

- An Asian father.
Swede
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Swede »

Well alright then! This is a point I am more than happy to accept defeat on.
Good to know!

[Edited on 4-29-2016 by Swede]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Yeah I'm most definitely using the now working more or less perch cockpit as a whole custom ship one :)
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Can testify to there being the choice of individual cockpits it works similar to the textures swede.

You'll have too use the frame ID in the cockpit filename and similar in the HUD text files. The support is definitely there.
Radikal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Radikal »

As stated in the instructions:
For both custom cockpit systems, you can also specify a custom cockpit for each ship individually by adding the frame number to the end of the \\hud folder in its name. For example, if you wanted to specify a custom cockpit for the Talon in the game, simply add the number 1 to the end of the \\hud folder so it reads \\hud1. This way, the custom cockpit will apply only for that ship type and not the others.
This means that if you want a custome 'pit for frame 26 you would put all needed files in folder \\hud26, enjoy.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

From post: 188006, Topic: tid=12666, author=Swede wrote:In the customizing kit, when describing the required file names for custom cockpits, it says this "The '#' character will either be a 1 for the civilian cockpit or a 2 for the military cockpit."
I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it's just two cockpits. ;)
Incorrect, these are the global default cockpits there are just two the civ and military designs both are included with the cockpit viewer tool so should be easily adjusted if needed.

Custom cockpits are as Radikal said, the hud folder is separate for each frame so you can have entirely different model\\ textures like the gunsights and all that for every single frame if you wanted too simply by naming the folder hud# where # is the frame ID for the ship you want to replace. Then use this folder the same way you would for global replacement.

I believe you can use HUD2 or similar for a global replacement for the military cockpit but don't quote this as I am unsure the exact naming scheme just know it's possible I usually don't remember a lot from memory but I can look it up when needed.
From post: 188007, Topic: tid=12666, author=matchbox2022 wrote:http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12236

Proof in the pudding.

The modkit might need updating, but the info is buried in there. My sound mod has issues with it as well and there's a lot of more specific info missing.

On first glance it does appear that its only two cockpits, but indeed the potential is there for a separate cockpit for every single ship frame

ModKit seems updated, I checked recently its at version 1.2 which is newer than my older 1.1 changes seem to be mostly the inclusion of the individual ship texture replacement and minor updates to existing information.

[Edited on 5/3/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: **PERCH cockpit!! Now for Legacy! *Beta Cockpit Conversion*

Post by matchbox2022 »

bump for patched version
Oblivion Wolf
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Oblivion Wolf »

Matchbox, thanks so much for facilitating this man. I really appreciate it.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Hey if I want it there's likely 36 other people who do (based on downloads).
np for hosting, but I really can't take the credit for fixing it (defn did not have time), that was all Speedy<3