[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Post by matchbox2022 »

EvoTweaker v7.6! 2019 Community ModPack w/ switchero scripter & added game mode (EL v 1.0828 min.)

So this has went from a simple question thread to basically a total conversion of, sounds, community mods with a pre-launcher for the game.
For Those who already have **7.5**
There is a hot patch for the launcher which adds some extra fantastic assets and fixes some minor and major problems in installing injectors, file issues, error handling, adding HARDCORE mode (auto-scripting event creator with sound overlay effects) and most important of all imo.......
Launching THROUGH STEAM so that licensing is not required when using the scripter tools.
Download the patch here, extract to your main evochron folder.

PATCH EvoTweaker ModS 7.51a----->7.60
(skip.txt & skip2.txt inside MUST FIRST BE DELETED it the patch doesn't do it automatically).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwsvm32djthiw ... 51-760.exe ~50MB
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ikwbclm2 ... 51-760.exe

EvoTweaker, дополнительные игровые материалы и моды с английским Launcher
EvoTweaker Lite Version - No Music
https://www.mediafire.com/file/265ydqiy ... 7-lite.exe (230MB)

EvoTweaker Full Version
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ed4kbe4by ... akerv7.exe (960MB)

At this time the modpack is not updated to use the "SE" update, however you can forcibly install it by making two empty text files called skip & skip2 in your Evochron install folder, this will skip any pre-checks...don't expect everything to work!

I have Created an entire Sound pack & Mod Manager through a batch file called Switchero.
Sounds are all new, Music is from FLAC tracks, though downsampled to normal levels, and some has been altered by me to give an upbeat retro experience, add to that the custom launcher to tweak your setup and all the other popular COMMUNITY mods in one place....With all credits in Readme and Launcher to creators.
Basically...
If it doesn't feel like a brand...BRAND new game from a fresh install, I dropped the ball!
PS. Launcher and mods work with online play

Launcher allows you to very fluidly copy new assets to the game without physically copy and pasting files, I have found it saves me some time if I want to switch things up in my game, tweak mods, etc.. That and it consists of a wide variety of credit given mods from the COMMUNITY here, and makes it easy to choose between a few that can't work together without the need of manually going into directories.
It is an accumulation of all the work people did here to make this experience even better.

The new "Hardcore mode" features may require the game to be in an x86 folder / mode or to use the included 64 bit install mode for scripters to work as designed.
If you WANT Hardcore mode you MUST;
a) Turn it ON - Through EvoTweaker Main Menu "H" Key
b) START GAME THROUGH EVOTWEAKER "0" Number Key
c) Self-Destruct Key & Jettison MUST be Game Defaults of "F7" & "J" (I have no way of avoiding this step at the moment)
d) Files in ModS\beta directory path, including ANY wav or exe files must stay unmodified and where they are!

Hardcore mode allows for; Oxygen Leaks, Fulcrum Overloads, Reactor Breaches due to heat. All situations involve racing against the clock where whatever you are doing needs to be balanced with your need for survival. It changes combat techniques especially as subsystem damage now really MATTERS.
Overheating during combat exists now, where you need to relax & cool off for at least a few moments else risk an explosion in your reactor.
Works in Single & Multiplayer...

...You do NOT NEED to use the launcher, all assets are included in ModS folder and you can copy/paste at will. It is simply much easier to use it in my opinion. (Copy/Pasting music without the launcher installing "may" create in-game errors or incorrect placing / naming schemes)

The launcher can automate common issue fixes at a couple key presses, set game engine frame-rate limits, change settings before launch (settings not found in game), flush your video memory, etc, to improve play-ability on older machines & fix some common types of crashes to desktop as well as quickly configure options not found in the game or silence typical "too frequent" sounds all in batch menus.

Many mods included in this package can be found here on the forums, but I bundled the most common used ones together as well as mine after throughout testing including the ReShade injectors which provide the biggest benefits to the game (as well as the ones which actually work).

modpack contains .exe / .bat files meant for diagnosing problems with older setups and are required in many situations where there's no way for me to script the tool/event in windows. They are safe.

SELF-EXTRACTS, target your main Evochron Directory for expansion (for steam, find the main directory or your steam library and Evochron, or if default, in program files (x86) /steam/steamapps ....Note, you can unpack the archive but to prevent problems the launcher will NOT run if it does not detect evochron in its directory

**Recommend**
EvoTweaker, дополнительные игровые материалы и моды с английским Launcher

EvoTweaker *Lite* ver 7.6
Lite Version has compressed textures only and NO ADDED music tracks, please do NOT try to install music or lossless HQ Nebulae as it will simply crash the launcher.
It includes everything else found in the Full Version, so unless you really want the extra music I would recommend this version and save some space.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/265ydqiy ... 7-lite.exe (230MB)
OR

**Download of ALL Conversion Assets** (Matchsounds + Community Mods (Perch cockpit, shaders, huds, backdrops, models, etc)) & 6+ Hrs New HQ MUSIC and .bat switch launcher (highly recommended to install with the included batch file, otherwise you might have issues & bugs with some installs)

EvoTweaker *full* 7.60 & Pre-Tweaker (~960MB~ Lossless Textures & VHQ Music Tracks added)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ed4kbe4by ... akerv7.exe
-includes recovery archive

**Version Patches if you already have an older EvoTweaker ModSPack**

ModPack 7.38--->7.5a
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2j12bcb6 ... -patch.exe

ModPack 7.5a--->7.60
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwsvm32djthiw ... 51-760.exe

Depreciated Version 5
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a78oppuh5huzp ... eaker5.exe

The Above link will bring you to the latest December 2018 7.5-alpha standalone package &
7.38-->7.5a patcher for existing installs.
For any "tracker" or "script while playing" modes, the batch MUST NOT BE CLOSED.
If it has on its own than you have encounter a bug / error and should report it.

For compression reasons, this package is now a solid archive. If you get ANY errors you must either redownload the whole thing, or attempt a repair through WinRAR (there is a recovery file attached to the exe pack it can use)

As of 7.5-alpha
The patcher and 7.5a standalone will COMPLETELY get rid of the old batch file and ANY text files critical to function to do a fresh restart as before this created a variable bug and CTD.
As usual you MUST EXTRACT TO Evochron's MAIN folder before using this. Fresh installs only please.
Last update Maybe some touchups here and there...but I'm only going to plug holes from
now on.
Big Bugfixes, quite a few new sounds, including "original" starfox snes samples
(since this game is pretty retro looking ;P), music, optional Dimmed nebulae,
starfox clips, Tie fighter wings, Xwing Cockpit, hopefully fixed thrusters on star wars ships, and probably most fun and very very experimental (aka....it might crash itself spectacularly) is a new 'hardcore' version which is in alpha and adds considerable danger to you by creating situations where you have to find coolant and oxygen in a hurry due to damage you took...plus some bonuses ;P.

Orbital slingshots, and subsystem damage now REALLY matters with hardcore enabled.

This update is awesome.
The batch now is firmly married to the ModS asset folder and the game log. It also
is using reshader "hopefully correctly" now as well as autohotkey executes.
Batch menus have been updated for new options and sounds.

A computer with an SSD might be worthwhile for the new scripts to ensure you don't run into issues at some points, as they read-write to the log file pretty readily.... through my limited testing hard drives could have issues when events occured while loading on-the-fly in game.
If you want the new features to work correct or have mods install without errors you
MUST USE THE LAUNCHER and install it PROPERLY in the evochron root folder.

If for some reason it wasn't done by the patcher or exe, DELETE SKIP.TXT BEFORE UPDATING. First time installs for newbie players need not worry. It should look like a fresh install and not immediately jump to the main menu!

7.5 assets include
XWing cockpit (low quality though)
a few more sounds, laser, missile, explosions.
snes starfox samples
two new "parts" wings for spacecraft ".X models" updated to scale correctly by Vice :) from a mod for the previous game.
Some more music and a "space background EM sounds" option.
And of course all the HARDCORE mode alerts with audio FX.

Bonus Story Quests ONLY (~5Mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmv4r728m ... s.exe/file

***********IF corrupted download , you can open with WinRar (if you have it) directly (right click) and use the large recovery archive included thus saving you another rather large download. (this had been a concern for faster error prone downloads unlike with torrents).
To fix the file -> Open with Winrar -> select tools -> Repair Archive...wait. Open .fixed file. I find it works extremely well to get the original back in events of download errors.

I find this option fast for tweaking various mods, as with a mouse and explorer it can be hard to beat the speed console commands at the click of a # and enter key.

EvoTweakeroV7 includes, (with credits in launcher to respective authors & readmes included);
Matchsounds 6 - HQ sound effects, music, custom AI taunts, environment FX
options include;
- Custom tweaking of your game sounds & quick install / uninstall.
- In menu game launch / pilot backup (glitch tool) in real-time.
- Some new voice taunts in singleplayer AI
- 2 Completely new Startup Routine for Ship & 1 for Terrain Walker (Matchsounds Mod)
- R2D2 computer alerts
- New computer alerts with and without environment FX
- Computer silenced mode
- Additional music tracks (enough for lots of playtime) from Evochron Mercenary and other credited sources as per millennium copyright act (not for resale in any way), original Evochron Legacy tracks will play + 4-5 hours of additional playtime tracks. Shuffled installer through switchero ensures a high likelihood of hearing a large variety of threat & general tracks.
- New ambient, engine, warp, weapon, environment, and many, many other in-game sounds.
Perch v2 Cockpit Model - cockpit
Oblivion Cockpit Model - cockpit
Various new Flare effects - engines / lensflare / various
Reshade injector .dlls for HDR, Motion Blur, etc. -effects / lensflare
Holographic Radar and Target Displays, seperately for Perch & Stock Cockpits - hud
StarWars frames - ships
VERY High quality backdrops & new starfield - environment
Mass Effect style gates - environment
Lower gamma warp flash
Alt. Warp Tunnel
The Cosmic Glitch storyline - quest
The Leap of Faith - short early ver quest
Self-Rescue Script - temporary and limited mechanic (requires batch launcher to function)
Star Trek Textures for Default Cockpit & HUD - hud
Elite Dangerous style HUD + cursor - hud
F-16 Style HUD + cursor - hud
Russian Fighter Style HUD + cursor - HUD
COMPLETE RUSSIAN OVERHAUL / Translation - Language
Minimalist Cursor with colors for HUD.
custom pitch ladder - hud
Various backup, glitch, bug and crash to desktop general automated fixes for evochron.
Video memory Tool to help older systems with 128Mb to 1GB vram (cause of a crash / hangup)
List of common modable sound info.

pre-game launch tweaker (frameratelock, cubemapping, warp fade to black, auto fixes, etc)

"switchero" launcher with ability to try out and test sounds "with test command" before install, mix and match mods included and tweak other files and quickly fix graphic fps or crash to desktop common bugs, including corruption issues.
As of V 1.0808 All Troubleshooting & Pre-Launch Tweaks Work correctly.

If you find copy and pasting physically is more convenient, all assets are accessible in the ModS folder, though not as convenient as the launcher.

Current Bugs
- when shooting in a station the incorrect sound will play (shares the fulcrum jump failure sound)

-stealthon.wav will play when using various secondary weapon "packs"

- startup sound "may" be cutoff if your computer is very quick to startup evochron...such as with a solid state drive.

- Clipping in some holograms may be present with perch config.

- Star Wars frames may have incorrect thruster placement....which I honestly do not have time to go fix...feel free to mess around with their text files.

Stay Spicy y'all..... see you serverside on sundays!

Older Version 4.3 [No longer updated or supported by me]

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zvltuomds3sk ... EG1ea?dl=0

*Disclaimer** All sounds are obtained and edited and usually created by me. In the event sound samples are used / taken, they will never be complete samples, and highly edited and for use under the creative commons for many public domain sounds, as well as the fair use policies regarding Canadian copyright laws and Section 107 of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DCMA).(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.Not for commercial interests or distribution, please contact if you'd like to incorporate it into your mod for distribution (so I can at least give you some readmes / rights.
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:01 am, edited 155 times in total.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

**HQ MatchSounds +Realistic Startup v3.75 *MOD*

Post by SeeJay »

Nothing in the ModKit that handles anything regarding Stealth Sound. Sorry!
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Oh I thought it was like guns, where I could input a modded wav file into the sounds directory. I just needed the stock name to use. like stealthon.wav or something.....
how can it not exist?
- An Asian father.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

perhaps it's there but you can't see it :P
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Must just not be listed in the kit yet. The filenames are:

stealthon.wav
stealthoff.wav
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Thanks vice.
PS. what I emailed you about seems to only occur when humans are in the sector.
- An Asian father.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 184321, Topic: tid=12379, author=DaveK wrote:perhaps it's there but you can't see it :P
:P...:D...:D:...)...;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

So.
After a little bit of tweaking, I've clipped together some free sounds to make some new warp and new custom Cloak sound effects. By clipped I mean painstakingly looked at waveforms.

Just chuck them into a sounds folder in the evochron root directory. Should work no problem.

Please tell me what you think!
I've included them in my ever growing general sound mod pack, 5 .wavs for now bundled in .rar format.
If it sounds menacing with hints of bass...that's good.;)
Sounds and music are a huge part of the immersive experience...and the game is AMAZING for that...I just felt the cloak & warp (personally) a little weaker as a sound.

Here it is y'all, enjoy, tell me what you think.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z6oqn ... kdrops.rar

[Edited on 2-4-2016 by matchbox2022]

[Edited on 2-4-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Nice this is going to run well along side my overhaul mod dw I won't steal anything lol.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 184535, Topic: tid=12379, author=Misunderstood Wookie wrote:Nice this is going to run well along side my overhaul mod dw I won't steal anything lol.
Feel free to steal I don't care.
Modding should be encouraged.

Just don't "sell it"
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Haha, I could but I prefer to collab and make a larger AIO mod than take bits here and there to make something based on others work it just seems nicer to let people have what credit they can get for making something new if you want to work on something bigger and throw the sounds into a larger mod that you know I have been working on ;) maybe we can collab to make sounds improve the originals for a more immersive experience I am all for it.

The reason I started my other mod was to improve what existed and have something people could download and just install no fuss no mucking around with 15 other mini mods to get the same thing. Doesn't mean I don't encourage others I just wanted to create a bigger project that could maybe become like a benchmark to build upon.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Another file question. When you deploy a probe or sensor station, is there any "specific" wave file for that effect? Or is it a general button "beep" sound?

I have the ability to make a pretty damn good satellite upload / deploying scanner sound / incoming communication / encrypted message sound.
Just need to know if it's able to be specifically placed....otherwise it would just be annoying and not a special sound to hear once in a blue moon.
- An Asian father.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It's just the mouse click sound.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186284, Topic: tid=12379, author=matchbox2022 wrote:I have the ability to make a pretty damn good satellite upload / deploying scanner sound / incoming communication / encrypted message sound. Just need to know if it's able to be specifically placed....otherwise it would just be annoying and not a special sound to hear once in a blue moon.
:cool: If the sound is too good to throw away, you might think about incorporating it in a custom quest. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

I was pretty sure it was a general sound :P, yeah that's no good then.

It's not bad, I'll post it up for people to use....quest would be alright...
can't think of what else you could use it for quest free.
- An Asian father.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: My favorite tractor beam mod for EM was an audio which sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

hahaha.

With all the mining going on and how long it takes that'd get pretty annoying the original sound is nice but not for extended earbud use :P

Wonder if I could get an audio book in its place.
- An Asian father.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Separate scan for contracts and dock engaged sounds added
v2.1
- An Asian father.
GWhipple
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GWhipple »

Nice! I think I will browse the net for some nice Tie-Fighter sounds for the engines and particle cannons.
And perhaps the tractor beam. Filling up 4800 of fuel is not pretty to listen at. ^^
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

no it really is not :P, I'll be figuring out a much nicer soothing HQ sound, that and for item pickups.
But that's for when school's over.
I'll have a bunch done mid-april.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I think I sense more mechwarrior fan sounds ;)
GWhipple
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GWhipple »

I have switched a lot of sounds now (thanks Vice for that option).
I have a very soothing tractor beam, a less loud cargo sound. And awesome weapon sounds that I borrowed from a popular franchise.
So I can't share it here due to copyright issues and what not. But really people, switch out the tractor beam sound to anything else.
Even a completely silent .wav named "tractor.wav" placed in /sounds is good for farming in a nebulae.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

If I credit your sound could I use them in this mod? Saves time, especially if it is pretty high quality and indeed sounds better on a range of speakers I have to try (earbuds to subs in 4.1)
- An Asian father.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

From post: 187266, Topic: tid=12379, author=GWhipple wrote:I have switched a lot of sounds now (thanks Vice for that option).
I have a very soothing tractor beam, a less loud cargo sound. And awesome weapon sounds that I borrowed from a popular franchise.
So I can't share it here due to copyright issues and what not. But really people, switch out the tractor beam sound to anything else.
Even a completely silent .wav named "tractor.wav" placed in /sounds is good for farming in a nebulae.
There are many mods that have used popular franchise material and been allowed on, check out anything on the old filefront and they had moderators checking things on the legal front.

The large grey area comes up in the specified use.
So you can download a song from youtube, it's low quality....free to send anywhere.
You can BUY that song, it is likely different and HQ.....
now that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

If this is a mod, and is not being sold (aka. available to the public, does not include any "bought" material (except shareware I think), not included with the main game (you use MONEY to buy it), than you can use a variety of things. And in case you want to be extra safe, always make a change in it and give proper terms and creditation.
In that sense, advertising that a game is moddable is ok, but advertising because OF a certain mod, suddenly changes things.

[Edited on 4-5-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
GWhipple
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GWhipple »

And in case you want to be extra safe, always make a change in it and give proper terms and creditation. In that sense, advertising that a game is moddable is ok, but advertising because OF a certain mod, suddenly changes things.

I would probably get away with posting sound files as a mod for this game. No one would probably care but the sounds are indeed copyrighted.

It's also against the forum rules: ^^
If you'd like to share custom modifications you've made or have permission to distribute for any of the games, please use this forum to post them. You must be the legal copyright holder/orignal author of any content you post or have express permission from the copyright holder/author to distribute such content publically. If you are a copyright holder/author and believe your work is being distributed without permission, you can contact SW3DG via e-mail(starwraith.com > contact) to request a post/thread be removed.

If I credit your sound could I use them in this mod? Saves time, especially if it is pretty high quality and indeed sounds better on a range of speakers I have to try (earbuds to subs in 4.1)
I won't probably share them (due to reasons already being mentioned), but if I do they are probably best used in a separate pack. A more niche pack. It would be weird for you to credit me for stuff I have clearly "borrowed" from other copyright holders.