[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

**HQ MatchSounds +Realistic Startup v3.75 *MOD*

Post by matchbox2022 »

Ah gotcha, thanks!
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Aloha guys / Vice

I have a crap ton of new sounds I created and some edited free use ones, (some are really good) to try and see if they work in game before punching out a whole new version in a few days while I have no school or work.

The issue I am having is it is easy enough to name the files what I need, but it is very time consuming to enter the game to hear what sounds match with quite what, hearing it is often better than reading the description and seeing if it fits or to even keep the old sound with a slight change in it.

Rather than do this the slow tedious way, is there any way of getting the stock .wav files for all the sound effects themselves that come with the original game?
The best I can manage is finding the ones in the temporary folder evo888888, but it is highly lacking in what I am looking for to speed up the process.
(no star wars sounds, sorry don't think it's allowed)

[Edited on 4-26-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

BUMP*

I am hoping someone can assist me.

I recall hearing something about the exact format required for sound mods, I have a situation where some stereo sounds, like alerts and guns are working, but others specifically in the sounds folder will refuse to, like the mdts lock or missile launch sounds.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
They are all in 44khz stereo, do I need 22khz mono for some?

Furthermore, upon updating the startup1.wav, it seems to have a time limit, where another sound plays in its place.
That's fine if I could replace that sound, but have no idea where it is, checking with a hexediter I tried a startup3.wav that might exist but the game wasn't starting, though lack of sleep might be the cause as well.

It's fairly long, about 17 seconds....but it is a pretty nice startup routine.
2.5 would be ready if I wasn't having the issues with stereo / mono as I listed above.

The new startup will be in version 3 of my mod pack but here's the pretty much final version so I can get some help, I realize I may need to cut it up between separate files, but my main issue is trying to replace stock files that aren't listed in the customization kit website.
about 5mb

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qe6ta ... artup1.wav
- An Asian father.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

startup1.wav will be the shorter initial sound effect. startup2.wav can be a short duration effect for stage 2, if needed. startup3.wav can be a long duration sound. However, it looks like the problem is folder assignment where 2 and 3 need to be in the \\environment folder rather than \\sounds folder. I'll correct that for the next update.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Thanks vice, I'll give it a go to see if it works.

Really appreciate the response, was losing my mind, still am for the missile launch sounds and mdts / missile locks, is it kind of the same thing?

[Edited on 4-29-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

lock1.wav would be for the missile lock and should be in the \\sounds folder.

mdtslock.wav would be for the mdts lock and should be in the \\sounds folder.

If those aren't working, the files may just have the wrong filenames on your system.
StarWraith 3D Games
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Probably a good assumption, lack of sleep won. Files have a typo.

*Version 3 Beta Released*

If you liked any of the HQ sounds before, there will be something in this pack to your fancy I promise ;)

There
are
alot.

50% of sounds I'd say are brand new.

Also included Speedy<3's patched Perch v2 for EL and the HQ nebulae

I'll load something up on youtube so you can see if you like it first eventually.

If you wanna give it a whirl please do give me your feedback.

Links are at first post.

[Edited on 5-1-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Just noticed :), will be updating what is already used in the ECOP mod.
Still fussing around if I should add the Speedy's Perch revised but I just think other cockpit overhaul mods need their own fanbase and thier own installers.

Maybe since the Perch works thanks to Speedy I will contact him and see if he\\she wants to collab on Perch V3 for Legacy the same Perch just with variations to the textures and cockpit mesh made into a single installer with a few choice options.

EDIT
Just a little advice if you want to avoid confusion for the download section you can use the "URL" button to insert the URL as TEXT with a hyperlink attached or you can use BBcode which would be used like in the below example.

BBcode Example

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12379&p=188077]Hi there click here to return to this page[/url]
How the BBcode Example looks in reality
Hi there click here to return to this page

If you are wondering above is a code block using the code bbcode tags. I don't really have any complaints with the OP layout other than the download is confusing a little without reading the URL names I had to check them twice as I was unsure at first glance which was the HQ, more spacing maybe between the low quality one below the first url or you can use labels for them like in my example above. No action needed on my behalf thought was just pointing this out in-case you are unaware of the better alternatives.

Do have a request though, could we get the sounds without additional files? Just for those who use mobile forms or internet such as myself where it cost per GB to use data from a mobile service which is what I currently use as planning on moving homes and so didn't put the internet on as where I live atm is a temp rental and didn't want any contracts lol.

Anyway the Neb's & Perch components equal up to around 31.8MB combined. Which I compared against ECOP's (evochron community overhaul project) uncompressed files and this value is larger than the entire project currently. ECOP's files equal 23.0MB uncompressed & 19.9MB when compiled in the Installer form. Sorry if I talked to much about it but just wanted to give you real world comparison of the file size added to your own project.

[Edited on 5/3/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Sounds good thanks

Def'n contact him, speedy<3's on steam. He made a bit more of a patched version but I don't think it's "quite" done yet (could use a tad more textures), though it works very well in game so far.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Will do when I find time to get back into it, Just had a System Format so setting up a a few more items didn't loose any dev work but that's all external so woot.

Might want to re check the post before your's again I was editing it as you were replying :)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

The sounds are indeed very large....I may be looking at a way to make the files smaller therefore...since youtube is giving me issues making a sample video.

edit
31mb now, hopefully that'll be better

[Edited on 5-3-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

From post: 188098, Topic: tid=12379, author=matchbox2022 wrote:The sounds are indeed very large....I may be looking at a way to make the files smaller therefore...since youtube is giving me issues making a sample video.

edit
31mb now, hopefully that'll be better

[Edited on 5-3-2016 by matchbox2022]
Got a few discussions to go into this post so I will split them up with headers if that is alright makes things easier for you to seperate into different conversation.

Download Size Reply
Re downloading, will see if I can get it compressed any better, you are after all using an ancient laptop if I remember correct. So using larger word sizes for compression is not an option for you but I can so will see what happens when I use larger dictionary sizes for the compression see if I can yield a better compression ratio.

[Edit 1]
Switched compression algorithms from .rar to .7zip (not optimized)
compression ratio was much better around 48% per file lower is better (lower=reduced file size compared to original) Click here to download the compressed version from this test incase you want to use it.

Used "HQSoundMatch Mod.rar" as the download to compare with, Yours was 61.1MB .7zip algorithm size is now down too 29.0MB

The Bug List in the OP
Been reading the bug list as-well I have a feeling the cut-off for the startup sound will likely be wrong for me as I use both an SSD and Ram Cache to cache reads to RAM. If the data gets moved to RAM instead of reading the data in mere MB's it reads it at something closer to 6GB's

Usually for best results in these situations where the sounds play but keep playing or end quickly if the system is too fast or too slow, you use the first 5s or less of the track for the sound and then tack on 30s of a looped sound ;) as a buffer in case it loads slower than expected. This way it's unlikely that system performance will become a problem with the track length. I don't think not testing is a bug... more of a 'try it and let me know how it goes' :D

The sounds themselves and my two cents on what I would like to see improved in future
lock
lock2

both of these could be slightly unique for more ambiance you can decide how to best use this advice but locks imo a unique sound would be both more distinguishable and add atmosphere.

MDTS
Not sure if bug or not but there is a mdtslock aswell as a mtdslock naming error? they are the same sound this is just a question, however if they are different or corelate to an on\\off toggle thoughts are the same as above.

Just food for thought for your next version.

[Edited on 5/3/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

MDTS
named it wrong, but hey there's two files and one works. :P lazy late night modding.

Lock

I think only one of those sounds are used in the game, likely lock1.wav

is there a lock2.wav? Never heard it played.

Startup bug

Yeah, I could shorten it, it might simply be a case where guys with slower computers will get something to hear in the meantime...shorter startups you don't really need any extra sounds...game probably loads up so fast that it might cutoff stock sounds on some SSDs.

Looping would work for slower laptops, but few are as slow as mine now.

Quicker......so cut down the track...could work......but man its awesome as is :P.
I could make it shorter and have it part of the initial startup sound, which I think is locked to the animation when leaving the main hangar, that might work for everyone, but an issue I ran into was how short....it'd end up being only about 5 seconds to work on all loading speeds.

Still.....Personally I love that startup, with the subwoofer it was a kickass new way to wait.

The s4b.wav sound is a big problem though....it really is too long,

self-destruct...whatever sound that is I don't know..couldn't find it with HxD looking though the files. ****?.wav

[Edited on 5-4-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

lock2.wav exits in your pack... hence thought it was different from lock??? if not used best to remove it until used xD. MDTS right figured it was a bug lol, well thats another file less for next time.

Oh I love the startup sound but don't kid even with SSD load times to the hanger are still above 10 seconds if not closer to 12 seconds. My thoughts were not to cut the sound file down just extend it tack on another 30s of loop for sounds which will stop playing when the event is over this solves the issue of cut-off for most I think as beyond the initial sound the rest is a loop for those slower folks :P.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

BUMP.

Fixed Version 3.5 Startup routine due to sounds in environment folder being patched as of latest version of Legacy.

Added some nice extra sounds.
- An Asian father.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: **HQ MatchSounds +Realistic Startup v3.9 *MOD*

Post by matchbox2022 »

So I have added some pretty good sounds, and they will be a nice bonus if you have a sub-woofer ready to shake your ship apart :P.
Thanks to the 200+ downloaders and the feedback, I'll keep it up for as long as able.
As a bonus there's some really really old tie fighter sounds to use in there too for you star wars lovers :P

There's quite a bit of new stuff as of this version....if I went on to do a version 4 I'd be really ripping stuff apart...but I think I will leave it be.

The new warp sound in here as of 3.9 is meant for people with fast CPUs, but the older sound for those with slower CPUs is still there and sounds fabulous as well. All sounds are meant for a sub-woofer, but play in the cutoff for zone for just plain speakers as well. Feel the rattles.

Enjoy the sounds, and stay spicy.

If you can think of anything extra you'd like let me know....I have some ideas for atmospheric sounds in various environments...and to make your ship sound a bit more like it's flying apart.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

Holy mother of god....this is EPIC.

I like loud sounds, big ol' titties...erm, I mean explosions and fine china.

Thank you for this. I teared up a bit when I was listening to the files. Like a sweet melody from my Ma.

Quick question: I read in the read-me about a folder called "Radio" that adds taunts from NPC's. I don't have this in the download I got. Do I have to create the folder and download some more .wav's? I checked them all and I don't have any taunt like sounds.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Glad you like it, hope there's a subwoofer to go with it. Would you mind telling me if the new startup routine works correctly...or does it get cut off at some point mid-sentence? I've gotten zero feedback on the mod minus the warp sound effects which seem okay.

As far as the custom taunts, I neglected to update the readme, an older version had them, however the game refuses to load them and since I'm now in school, I don't usually have the time to work on this mod anymore. The amount of issues the taunts caused me were overwhelming so its on the backburner until school's done.

The one thing I might update is some more ambient effects, so when you're landing on a planet you can hear the ship ripping through the atmosphere........I already did something similar for nebulae in the mod. Potentially the disruptor sound effect too, so it sounds more...EMP like.

I was really thinking of a bonus "space commander bubbles" mod from trailer park boys..and jokingly with my gf made some alerts with his voice..but I was pretty drunk then. I mostly wanted to laugh at bubbles.

I can send you the taunts, but I promise they won't work until converted properly and filtered. By all means you can take a stab at it though...I believe further in this thread I listed the problem I was having, I don't think it likes converting from 16bit...and it was taking stupid amounts of time to fix it.
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

The start up sounds work perfectly for me. I just read the read-me and did it exactly like it said.

Upon start up it goes through about 50% of the loading process before she starts talking. She blurts out a bunch of things making you feel like if they don't work you are going to blow up then about two seconds later the count down timer start and you lift into the station.

Side Note:

The only thing I may change is the ambient sound in the cockpit and the explosion sound when killing an enemy. I like to think of EL as a vast place and when I blow something up that is a kilometer or two away it shouldn't sound like a nuclear explosion right inside my seat. I want that subtle pop with the vibration coming in. Like a distant massive explosion with a shock-wave. You have this sound already I just need to swap it out.

The ambient sound in the cockpit isn't a big deal. I just noticed I was getting a little focused on it when mining. The beeping was pretty regular and space can be a quit place. Hearing my systems in a startup kind of loop was a little...it was not ideal for me. You have the options for ambient sound too so you have it covered. Again, just a simple copy/paste situation.

That being said, you nailed it. It sounds like a completely different game.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Ah, good thanks. Yeah that's what it should sound like...a spaceship.

Yeah I like to give as much choice as possible, but I may tweak some of the sounds so it's more of a "thud" effect and cutout higher frequencies completely. There is already one or two explosions like that but they are really subtle.

There's a few ambient sounds in that pack as well, but there's actually another one called backg.wav which is used when there's no music on for the main menu "in the hangar" sounds. That could also be used as ambient if you prefer. Any ambient noise definitely gets repetitive....why don't you use any music?
Rooster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rooster »

I had some trouble with the volumes but finally got my OBS sorted. I didn't change anything yet, just turned the music back on. It's working well.

I look forward to any changes or alterations you make. Your style fits mine really well.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

heyah @ Vice

Do you know what the name would be for the disruptor detonation sound? Can't seem to find it.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It is a retooled version of s4.wav (the shield impact sound), handled in code for the different (lower) sample rate to give the deep electronic buzz effect.
StarWraith 3D Games
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Thanks Vice, I likely won't be messing around with that one, it sounds fine to me and I don't want one affecting the other.

Bump for everyone else, V4 Beta is out
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: **HQ MatchSounds +Realistic Startup & Ambience ver.4a *Alpha MOD*

Post by Vice »

I'll go ahead and implement a dedicated custom option for that sound in the next update. That way, if/when you might want to change it in the future, it'll be an option. It will use the filename s4c.wav.
StarWraith 3D Games