[EL] Evochron Community Overhaul Project

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

Did you include anyone's new updates to their mod's?

My sounds are up if you'd like....though they're not for everyone.

Sinbad's HUD is incredible.

Just a thought if it's out to the masses, gives them more options to play with, to pick and choose. Like a Evo/Mod walmart :P

The virus thing is likely just the .dll hooks.

[Edited on 3-9-2016 by matchbox2022]
Do, or do not, there is no try.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

Post by Misunderstood Wookie »

Marvin, I have not checked for updated mods in a while.. that said this project while being a open project for people to contribute is not a compilation of mods projects it's still mostly my own work I just allow others to volunteer to add and or select a few things around here worth adding that I have not covered and probably won't cover myself. I will check this HUD out but I generally won't be adding any files which conflict with what I already made myself. The reason I include hud tapes and other such things is because I play w/o any tape and others might not want this option so I choose to include a popular tape and legacy version as a choice.

The same with fonts and font sizes as pointed out to me not everyone wants the same size and font so I moved those to optionals now as well. If a mod fits something I either won't cover or have yet to cover I see if the creator doesn't mind me adding it to the main files and I credit the creator in the readme.

From post: 186500, Topic: tid=12336, author=Benzin wrote:HI, tried to download the full installer to check it out, but Avast blocks it, it sais its "infected with DRep".
im sure its a false positive, but tought id let you know.
Hmm, well I can assure you that there is no actual virus or malware, I am scanning the file now online and on my own system just to be sure and the results will speak for themselves. I am curious as to what file exactly is triggering the false. I am also aware that some scanners (Avast particularly) hates any program which has .dll files or injectors of any sort these normally trigger falses due the nature of injecting something into another process however the only injection dll in this package is the Reshade which is a safe program.

Below are results from MY OWN SYSTEM & the Online scans of the Full Installer

My System

Code: Select all

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 9/03/2016
Scan Time: 10:12 PM
Logfile: 
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.0.1024
Malware Database: v2016.03.09.02
Rootkit Database: v2016.02.27.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Enabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Geoff

Scan Type: Custom Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 352461
Time Elapsed: 2 min, 2 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Warn

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Online Scan
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4571 ... 457522807/

[Edited on 3/9/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]
Benzin
Ensign
Ensign

Screenshots

Post by Benzin »

Hi, yes of course, never tought you were "slipping a virus" into my system! hehe.
Today i disabled avast active shields and worked perfectly. I guess avast sees an executable from an "untrusted source" (in other words a site wich is not on his white list), and blocks it.
Thanks!
Tanvaras
Ensign
Ensign

Screenshots

Post by Tanvaras »

From post: 186560, Topic: tid=12336, author=Benzin wrote:Hi, yes of course, never tought you were "slipping a virus" into my system! hehe.
<snipped>
Thanks!
Yes, you know you can not trust those Aussie fellows....... hehe.

Loving your work Wookie and other contributors! :)
\"Flies better drunk than sober - You got the booze you got a pilot\"
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

From post: 186502, Topic: tid=12336, author=matchbox2022 wrote:Did you include anyone's new updates to their mod's?

My sounds are up if you'd like....though they're not for everyone.

Sinbad's HUD is incredible.

Just a thought if it's out to the masses, gives them more options to play with, to pick and choose. Like a Evo/Mod walmart :P

The virus thing is likely just the .dll hooks.

I just thought I would quote you to discuss this as I had a bit more time lately to read things over. I actually did have a peek at Sinbad's HUD its not a bad HUD the only issue is if I included a whole other HUD it would make my work meaningless as I was also designing the HUD. I rather not pinch someone else's entire design his HUD deserves its own place imho.

Of course is Sinbad was too request I added it or requested a similar installer method like this project I would create his installers. I have been thinking about a 77zip compressed version or having the full installer packed with with a 7zip compressed side loaded file which contains the mods contents passworded the PW would be available here.

This way the installer is there if you want it and so is the raw content if you rather sift through it manually.

Ontopic of updated mods, I downloaded your recent sounds package will include that in the next version of this project, the fonts and the hud tape these were downloaded when I packed the latest build so those are up to date.

Honestly though, I wanted this project to be it's own thing with contributions from those who don't mind having thier elements added for areas I was not going to re-work. The mod wall-mart thing does sound like a nice idea though.. hmmm I think I need more opinions of the folk here on if they want me to add complete HUDS to the this project the only downfall I can see from this is it would be a bit harder to maintain compatibility between the components. Sinbads Hud is a whole new HUD which shares almost every file I have already created for the HUD in this project this means I would likely have to re-work the entire project structure with two core trees and the compatible mods under those.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

Oh yah, obviously it's your work you can do with as you wish. Just seems like a more popular avenue now.

As far as sounds I create, mix or edit go they are always welcome to freely take, prod with, make into rap music, anything...., although personally I think it needs a couple more sounds, plus the dock.wav is a little too obnoxious still.

I might make this a new thread, but on the modding topic, in the old pre-gen files it might've been possible, but maybe not so here.

Why on earth don't we have aurorae around the poles of planets?
That would look amazing if animated right, with every colour you can think of in bands. It could happen occaisionally.

If I had my way we'd have erupting volcanoes on onyx and random land creatures on bio worlds too :P

[Edited on 3-11-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Screenshots

Post by Marvin »

From post: 186590, Topic: tid=12336, author=matchbox202 wrote:Why on earth don't we have aurorae around the poles of planets?
That would look amazing if animated right, with every colour you can think of in bands. It could happen occaisionally.

If I had my way we'd have erupting volcanoes on onyx and random land creatures on bio worlds too :P
We'd also have the minimum computer specs look more like what's required for No Man's Sky.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

On topic for no man's sky I'm tempted to pre order buy past experiences are urging me to wait for official trusted source reviews as trailers can lie.. Like X:Rebirth

That is what happens when a trusted developer does something stupid to upset it's fans, even though they apologised and stated Rebirth wasn't an X4 the thing was just bad everything about it was terrible the only good was station detail outside and scale.

I still call it Afterbirth and rather x3 pre-lude.

No man's sky Iv had a virtual hard on for since I saw the first trailer where he walks around gets in a ship and fly into a battle In orbit. Weather the detail is there is yet to be seen so I'll wait for more game play.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Screenshots

Post by Marvin »

"Writers ... have (it is to be presumed) the full and magnificent vocabulary of the English language at their disposal. They can say anything they want with whatever intensity of invective they require in a thousand different ways without ever once deviating from full respectability of utterance. They have, therefore, no need to trespass upon the usages of the ignorant and forlorn, and to steal their tattered expressions as substitutes for the language of Shakespeare and Milton."

- Isaac Asimov
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

But I'm not a writer :P.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

well the northern lights wouldn't be that bad on systems...especially if seen from far away on the planet at a large distance.

But that other stuff yeah....it obviously starts to push an older video card.....it'd be a lot of work too.
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

I doubt the lights would be a big gpu hit.. Match.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

I def'n smiled at your afterbirth comment. :P

Well NMS seems to be an extremely cool idea yeah, but I usually tend to wait to see what people have to say about game's first, mostly youtube on smaller channels,

(not the inflated over-opinionated channels with 20 smth year old - cut frames everywhere with enough sound effects, expressions and vocal vomit to make even an adhd 5 year old on sugar say "stop please ftlog that's enough").

If NMS had a demo that's be the bees-knees to know for sure...that's what convinced me to buy evochron.

[Edited on 3-15-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

I can relate to waiting.. I'll probably wait for Cynical Brits (totslbuiscuit) first impressions of NMS let's play before I buy.

On the subject of this project however I'm looking into getting someone willing and able to do weapon sound effects while I design new targeting reticles and give the mode 1 and mode 2 another pass.

If this ever becomes stickied I'll add a compilation section this does seem to have lot of traffic it has surpassed the forum posting rules in views which is great and totally unexpected :)

I thought SeeJay added this to his mods website but last I checked he has not even though I left him a message on his steam discussion thread and uploaded the icon to use on his server. I also noticed Vice put up a cockpit viewer with default cockpit this tool is going to be super handy moving forward I should be able to rapidly adapt the cockpit now.

[Edited on 3/15/2016 by Misunderstood Wookie]
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

Next update may take a bit longer I plan to introduce new reticles overhauled cockpit and likely a new gunsight style.

As usual any new features such as the latest navigation lights and pulse settings will be available upon install.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

Whenever I do anything with games and mods and stuff.
It's SOOOO slow. Especially with real life knocking

I mean, I've released a grand total of 5 sounds :P, with no feedback really, so can't say if it's worth it. I mod them so I like them, then I tweak alone with gametest to remove pops, make it less obnoxious, or more obnoxious if its barely there, make it sound good on a sub, etc etc etc. And still especially with my scan sound, it is far from "amazing" I think, just a bit better maybe.
Way more time for a single file then if I did it just for myself.

So that said, I can try to do a little bit of sounds for weapons, but it will be OH so god awful slow.

That said, should sound good...if I ever get feedback :P....cause honestly if its crap I'd rather know and

have someone else do them. I'm still a sound mod...rank competent dork I guess.

[Edited on 3-18-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

Match I loved your warp sound the longer one with deep bass, I have a 7.1 system but only using the sub and middle atm. Still was a decent sound. If you think you can and want too make them just do it lol, that's why I made all of this in the first place just because I could have probably improved it somehow for myself and others.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

which weapon sounds were you thinking exactly?

Counter measure and Missile lock / alerts too?
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

Weapons 1 to whatever the last number is haha.

I was thinking each one could have a recognised sound to tell if it's a laser or whatever but all of them have a distinctly different tone or pulse depending on yield and such just a notable difference in tone.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

I think someone made a phaser sound from TNG already :P, have yet to try it but could either be awesome, or annoying...we shall seeeeee

And yes, I agree, a tiny bit of variation especially for the beams would be nice........especially once your energy is running out, to make it literally sound weaker (just enough to realize your running on fumes, not a "huge" obnoxious change).

The particles Ive found are already really good......but might fool around a bit with em.

Might be a good thing to try on my end or anyone's who has interest in sound stuff
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

From post: 186811, Topic: tid=12336, author=matchbox2022 wrote: variation especially for the beams would be nice........especially once your energy is running out, to make it literally sound weaker (just enough to realize your running on fumes, not a "huge" obnoxious change).
stuff
That is what is on my list atm, Beams start and end sounds could use a different tone based on the yield they would have more of a buzz phase sound hard to explain but stronger ones could use a bit of a kick like a charging sound.

Missile's need more of a kick for the ones that go boom.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

lol, I found some amazing free effects and ripped some of my older games with fairly good wav files in them, it's like crack soundwave christmas tonight :P

I have found at least a few that will definitely work with some tweaks / too much work. But they are really good foundations.

The issue is timing and what evo can / will do for custom sounds...don't want clipping if a custom weapon fired really fast.

Its always about the damn timing.

Here's an example

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ka1p ... 9/Lock.wav

though its very very dirty and needs a lot of work. That's only 5 minutes of pushing waveforms

[Edited on 3-20-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

Cheers Match, will check them out when I can. Currently re-doing 60% of the Gunsight and HUD graphics in RGB, yea I learned from my first mistake of replacing things people liked so this time I moved the old into a new folder in my template PSD and keep the old as choices.

I'm really happy with the style so far and Vice's HUD tool is now my best friend lol...
Leaving the right and left displays unchanged from this projects defaults for now until I peek around the cockpit and make any edits model wise. I did, however, redo the middle radar display.
Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie on Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Screenshots

So just realized that MindTex 2 is available and I got a free update because I had the first program, http://store.steampowered.com/app/441770/ sweet!!
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Screenshots

Post by matchbox2022 »

I really like your gunsight radar.

Any way to incorporate that into the holographic radar? Such as, the radar is slightly larger and moved to look holographic, with that underneath (the illusion of it being an actual screen?)

And is there anyway to make the 3D model target in the right hand hud (the target screen) bigger and floating above the screen? A little bigger, like 25%. That'd be damn cool, I dunno how to.

And how would you feel about this sound as part of the startup / shutdown sequence...in the proper voice pitch and it won't be exactly like this, so you only have one lady on the computer chewing you out and not two voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Hs58gqjY0

[Edited on 3-21-2016 by matchbox2022]
- An Asian father.