[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v5.0 [w/pre-config launcher]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 4.5 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Postby matchbox2022 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 am

Thanks Vice, looking into it more, it looks like it was a video memory issue since I'm running the game on a 512mb video card, pointers are evident with lower settings.

I'm testing another update (had some unexpected time off :p ) and will throw that in there if there's no issues with it "hopefully" in a big update.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 5 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Postby matchbox2022 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Updated to.....................Ver. 5 :)
A little more music, backgrounds, and some new interesting things to try.

In case people JUST want to try some of the new things like the holographics or CMs without a massive download.

You can download them here,
gauges-perch, and it is obviously for use with the perch cockpit.
gauges-def is the default cockpit
both need to be renamed to gauges and the appropriate one put into your hud folder

*Added more RAM freeing scripts to switchero.bat for very old systems running 2gb of ram with 32 bit Windows (7/8/10) for higher preformance. Added new memory reallocation script (which I found very useful) called 4gb tweaking on 32 bit Windows. System Restore point will be created in the event user wants to revert easily.
*Added more crash to desktop fix scripts
*Updated with known issue with Nvidia DSR
*Increased recovery archive to allow recovery of HQ files (issues on corruption, now fixed, if corrupted you may re-download or repair the exe file hrough winRAR and files will be restored which saves a big "Extra" download for some poeple).
*Tweaked holographic interface on hud to look better.
*Added 2 new music tracks, shortened many music tracks.
*Tweaked/Added HQ Nebulae .dds files.
*Fixed major bug with install of injectors where a users graphics and control settings may have been wiped out. Safe now.
*added two new CM textures
*switchero now correctly creates a desktop shortcut for launch pre-configs.
Changed switchero to not execute if installed incorrectly.
Attachments
flaregreen.png
rename .pngs to flare.png and install in ships\ in evo directory.
flaregreen.png (46.38 KiB) Viewed 162 times
flarered.png
flarered.png (22.37 KiB) Viewed 162 times
gauges-def.txt
(110 Bytes) Downloaded 11 times
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] v5.0 [MatchSounds +Best Community Mods w/ EvoTweaker]

Postby matchbox2022 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 pm

fixed some things. made some things. changes are downloadable in post.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] v5.0 [MatchSounds +Best Community Mods w/ EvoTweaker]

Postby Misunderstood Wookie » Mon May 29, 2017 7:47 am

Nice :). This must have taken a long time to complete.
Misunderstood Wookie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: [EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v5.0 [w/pre-config launcher]

Postby matchbox2022 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Hey guys,

For ppl who still play evochron, is there anything you can think of that is "mod-able" within reason that you'd like to have in the game?

A new capital ship, cockpits, etc comes to mind but I haven't the time to take such a thing on, so any suggestions of smaller things including textures, new sounds or new music could work.

New quests are a potential option. As well as a randomizer for sounds upon game launch.

I'd only do that if there's actual interest though, a quest for myself is kind of lame unless I can limit it to some kind of combat arena
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Postby Marvin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 pm

I'd be interested in a new quest. Also, as difficult as it would be, a cockpit where the struts and canopy look the same from both the inside and the outside.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby matchbox2022 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 am

Might look into building a short story quest, maybe 4 jumps in total long. Maybe when there's more time next december if ppl are still playing.

In the meantime, some songs were too loud and I wanted to add a couple more, so here's a patch for the modpack, which will be updated with the tracks anyways.

Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxd4uedu4 ... cpatch.rar
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Postby matchbox2022 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

Marvin wrote:I'd be interested in a new quest. Also, as difficult as it would be, a cockpit where the struts and canopy look the same from both the inside and the outside.

I'd have to learn modeling for that, alas, with school and work...there's really not a lot of time to learn a new skill from the ground up. I've done some gmax back in the day but that was it (for damage models only with .MOD formats). So incredibly doubtful that can come from me. My texture skills are novice at best too.

As far as a project that fits the time constraints (more likely post december 5th), Im looking into a quest and learning how to use the scripting for that....HOPEFULLY involving a supernova but might need help making such a mechanic work / even possible using the game engine and quest scripting. If it's batch, C++, java or some hexedits of exes with guidance.... I can do some simple stuff. If it's sounds I can do quite a bit.
Speaking of, I updated the modpack so the impact sounds when shields are low are much less annoying as well as the option to silence the low altitude sound completely. Uploading currently.
Obviously just deleting those sounds will allow the game defaults to load (the stock s4b.wav I believe is much more subtle)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Previous

Return to Community Mods, Art, Guides, and Fan Fiction