[EL] EvoTweak Fan Modpack v7.6! [w/auto-scripter]

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: **HQ MatchSounds +Realistic Startup & Ambience ver.4.1a *Alpha MOD*

Post by matchbox2022 »

Already made a file in anticipation :P
Thx Vice! Can't wait to try it in game.

Finally got custom taunts working...I "think", as well as the Star Wars R2-D2 Xwing pack

Likely final version...finally
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: **HQ MatchSounds "a fresh game feel" ver.4.3 *MOD*

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updated to Version 4.3
Last edited by matchbox2022 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twinley
Ensign
Ensign

Re: **HQ MatchSounds "a fresh game feel" ver.4.3 *MOD*

Post by Twinley »

oh !!, as I'm a rookie in the game , I just tried your mod for the sound... great work ! , thank you : )
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: **MatchSounds 4.3 w/ Sound & Mod Auto-Switch** MOD Pack

Post by matchbox2022 »

Added a batch sound switcher and mod switcher to help with quick choosing of new sounds before a game launch without physically required to copy and paste through explorer...with added easter eggs.
Runs from main evochron folder but a shortcut can be created to desktop to run it.

Would someone be willing to assist with the batch launcher? I can't seem to figure out how to make a shortcut to desktop regardless of your evochron install, though I suppose you can do that yourself.

The harder thing I could use help with is knowing more about the sounds

When you make a custom cannon, will the TYPE of cannon dictate its sound and colour?
Or, do they all use gun1.wav if its a custom weapon?

Is there ANY way to specify custom weapons to have specific .wav sounds?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

matchbox2022 wrote:The harder thing I could use help with is knowing more about the sounds

When you make a custom cannon, will the TYPE of cannon dictate its sound and colour?
Or, do they all use gun1.wav if its a custom weapon?

Is there ANY way to specify custom weapons to have specific .wav sounds?
Custom weapons will use the default baseline weapon sound and texture for their class (not separate indexes for memory use and common formatting). So here is the list of linked textures and sound indexes for each:

Class 1 (Plasma Particle) - gun15e.png/gun15.wav
Class 2 (Metal Projectile) - gun14e.png/gun14.wav
Class 3 (Rail Cannon) - gun8e.png/gun8.wav
Class 4 (Fusion Particle) - gun1e.png/gun1.wav
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Helllooooo useful.
THX Vice!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

??? What exactly is it you want to do with a batch file? If it's simply swapping mods in and out, can't it be done with JSGME?
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Oh it was originally for me to switch between things. It's an optional download, certainly not mandatory.

People can still get the main sound mod file and JSGME is better as for whole mods by far
For me to "tweak" things...this just seemed to work well for quick single file changes for myself.... so I figured why not share it with some little easter eggs if anyone wants it.
Plus I get to practice batch file writing.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

updated with some more custom music to use and BIG TIME upgraded the Tweaker.

Let's you set frame rates, backup /restore files in game, and do some typical text file based commands for the game quickly from your desktop like changing navlights, warp fades and now has a built-in troubleshooter which attempts to solve some of the common problems we found here through scripts which typically cause evochron to crash on startup on older systems, especially with limited video memory. Can test all sound files.
It's like a brand new experience in a download RAR pack. Includes all the mods I use with credit given to authors.
Better for newbies by far.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:) Sounds good. (NPI)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Fixed a whole bunch of things with the launcher with syntax errors, fixed popping sounds, added more HQ additional game music from evochron mercenary.
Added new guns and missiles. Added hull vibration sounds (can't hear in space) as an optional explosion and weapon pack. Should be good to rock your socks off

*Fixed issue with glitchtool
*Added additional music tracks from star conflict, X Rebirth, & original music bundled with game will also play with added music. All files in as HQ .ogg I could get them. Due to their quality, their size is considerable....meaning if your hard drive is slow in ide / sata or in constant use you will likely have stutter with custom music.
This shouldn't be an issue with an SSD or any half modern magnetic hard drive in ahci (sata2+ interface) mode.
* Made mod a separate download again with up to date latest tracks, so if you choose to just download music, or sounds and no additional mods / launcher you can.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updated to fix a bug of slow warp not installing, automated user-friendliness for more options in "troubleshooter" for freeing video memory with older setups with less than 1gb video memory & Crash to desktop fixes.

Added extra music ambient & some combat , credits to mostly Ben Prunty "FTL" in readme.

Fixed corrupt file

File is bigger but compression is more effective. Added recovery archive to .rar5 in events of corrupt downloads due to higher compression (found that as a problem with some music files) All files in rar5 are self-extracting so no need for winrar5 installation.

Updated added music so it can be installed separately if wished.

Unless something huge is updated in the game, this will likely be the final version as of 4.4, everything I wanted to change I changed. :P
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Re: **MatchSounds 4.4 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by robberer »

@matchbox2022

Thanks for this great bundle. It is really awesome (and i rarely use superlatives) .

This F16 HUD is so much better to read than the original one. Clean AND informative.

Sounds are great.

Transparent windows (wow)

Still have to discover all the goodies in the bundle.

Edit: found a bug: startup32 is in the wrong folder. has to be in "cockpit" instead the script searches in "cockpit"
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robberer »

OK, my favourite of this MOD pack is the cockpit (0) . Yeah, i'm playing the fighter role, finally i can see everything around me (with my little joystick on the Warthog throttle, bound to axis config).

But there seems to be a bug inGame, i have have to track down what is causing this. Game is crashing to desktop. Any ideas from the makers and users of this mod pack ?
Last edited by robberer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robberer »

Alrighty, looks like the EM tracks are the problem. First thing i've disabled, because i've remembered that you (VICE) have stated that they are included in the game itself since the last update. Since this change to my config, no crashes.

That is somewhat crazy because, if i never noticed ANY new(old) music since the last update, but with this modpack yes. Ideas from the father of all good spacesims out there ?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not enough information to go on. It's possible something (perhaps music file related) in the mod is bumping the memory requirement significantly higher than what is available on your system. In general, a CTD with no error message means your system ran out of memory for the game at some point. It could also indicate problems with improperly sequenced filenames. You can run through the crash causes and solutions list here: http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=6595

In particular, note the 'available physical memory' displayed on the system summary screen in msinfo32. Then if the problem persists, I can review a msinfo report on your system: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

Another option is to try the music mode file to see if a new/different error message appears (file attachment included in my post within this thread): http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 57#p190857
StarWraith 3D Games
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 4.4 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by matchbox2022 »

I've been out of the loop a LONG time. School does that.

The music DOES seem to have a bug then, I thought it was just my crappy laptop.

I'm pretty confident it will have something to do with a file trying to be played that the program doesn't know how to cope with.

For now, It's best to just remove the modded music either in the evochron directory or through the launcher.

I would "guess" that there's an ID tag or a certain sampling rate is screwy, so that whenever a certain few tracks play that may not be properly converted it causes a crash because EL can't work with that "kind" of .ogg file. This would be likely the case especially if you notice this happening right when the tracks are supposed to change (ie. you shoot at someone and they are now hostile)

They are also ridiculously HQ, for ogg, which may also be part of the problem.

I'll try looking into the offending music file/s could always be an evo bug though! :P

PS. I think I figured the system32 bug, but never reuploaded a fix....I figure if you need to restart your video card to make the game work..... you probably should do it manually or get a better one / update drivers :P. That's a symptom of bigger problems.
Also, does the transparency fix work? That's probably more important for systems right on the verge of not everything into video ram (512/1Gb)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 4.4 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by matchbox2022 »

Updating this to 4.5

I fixed the mod launcher bug for startups.

Added a beta that isn't completely tested where you can use a minimalist cursor of various colors in whatever hud you want (if you find the stock one too in the way) it doesn't replace the nav cursor, hud one.

Also, I need testers to make SURE the music won't boot you out and crash to desktop now. Any modern machine should have enough RAM for the 500Kb/s .ogg music files.

The issue I believe stems from the Format info vendor, metatags or the sampling rates used.

Currently, some of the files were inconsistent, and still .ogg files, but had random tags, were at 22khz or were under LancerMod(SSE) as format info vendor.

Being I had no issue with things at 44khz, no metatags and Xiph.Org (Omnipresent) vendor, I have converted all files successfully to this format.

Furthermore, errors were being produced when evochron missed a file in sequence showing up in game, and it would default to main game theme music.

The installer now mixes up a bunch of the combat files and renames them, so there's no missed files, a greater variety of music you wouldn't normally hear in combat especially (since usually people explore), and the package size is the same :)

@robberer
Please test and ensure the issue was indeed with slightly different formats being played sequentially. With everything uniform I'm expecting no issues. The filenames should be in sequence too. If you are getting booted out still please let me know because then the above are obviously not the cause.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Re: [EL] MatchSounds 4.5 +Community Mods w/ Pre-Config Launcher**

Post by matchbox2022 »

There's a couple new effects I might throw into this launcher come the next couple days, stay tuned if interested at all.

Will be the..final final final version :P.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

8) If you can, add a screen shot or two. If you need a host, try photobucket. ;)
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

Sounds good, yeah I can show them, it would be better than people downloading 700mb to find out.

was hoping to post to youtube just to stream sounds, but my laptop is a huge pos....so it doesn't do in game video well enough to record.

A static screen would workout but I'm at a loss of making youtube work with that and upload my own audio seperately
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Well, if you can't do video, maybe you can do GIF ... kind'a like this:

matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

That is cute :P well the file is not exactly big for just some cursors to use.

Here yah go.
pointers.zip
Check em out if you'd like
(6.91 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
That said its in the mod pack now, and I think I am so done with it.

Has about 5 hours of music which is the majority of the download, I'm making an option where you don't need to grab the music again.
matchbox2022
Commander
Commander

Post by matchbox2022 »

So after some testing I suggest people don't use the cursors I made just yet.

If someone could help I'd love that, the cursors look fine in the main menus,

However, once the game loads up, only the shadow is "barely" visible, and can't be used throughout the entire screen in whatever colour as I originally had hoped. It seemed to work before...

does this have anything to do with transparency or layering? I'm pretty out of my league with graphical things, I'm much better with sounds.

Please let me know if you have some advice after taking a look at the attachment in the previous post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Looks like the shadows would just need to be a little darker. Attached are the shadow images changed to be more visible as an inverse layer.
Attachments
pointshadows.zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
StarWraith 3D Games