Evochron Mercenary 1.488 available...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Version 1.488 is available for download and includes the following improvements:

- Distress call and event system added providing random emergencies that can occur throughout the game's universe.
- If a ship-to-ship trade fails due to insufficient cargo space, the cargo will now be dropped into a container in space.
- Hidden cargo container access limits applied by player request (location/travel based only, not numerical).
- UI improvements including new highlight buttons for menus and consoles.
- New font added for improved legibility and a more futuristic appearance.
- Overall memory use at maximum detail settings reduced by about 40 MB.
- Click ranges for a number of options updated for improved accuracy.
- 'Font Mode' option added to select between the old and new font.
- Map log entry scrolling limits updated for entire line lengths.
- 'Decryption' error message displayed on some systems fixed.
- New constructor station build point integrity check added.
- New display/video options added to customizing system.
- Deploy constructor pricing indicator corrected.
- Custom quest system capacity expanded.
- Several minor bug fixes.

The new event system provides random emergency situations that can occur in numerous locations throughout the game's universe (beyond individual sectors as with local contracts). For example, a severe food shortage on a planet could result in a distress call that would pay very well for the first player to delivery food units to that planet. A failed atmosphere processor can result in the emergency need of oxygen. Or a ship could run out of fuel far away from the nearest planet and send out a distress call for rescue. The closer a player is to the emergency, the easier it will be to respond, providing opportunistic options.

There will also be options/benefits for players who prepare in advance to respond to the emergencies. That is, those who want to be a 'first responder' can carry full cargo bays of the items in need before the distress call is made. This lets them simply fly to the location in need rather than trying to recover the items on route. By the same token, a player who is in close proximity to an emergency could still have time to recover needed material on route and beat a more distant player with the cargo loaded already.

For multiplayer, the server operator can trigger emergency events manually or turn them off entirely. The default setting will provide events at random intervals. In multiplayer, all players will receive the distress call alerts. The first player to answer the call and complete the objective receives the reward.

When a distress call is received by a player, an alarm will sound and a multi-line text description will be displayed detailing what is required to answer the distress call. Players can optionally mute the alarm or turn off the distress calls entirely in the NAV console.

The customizing kit has also been updated for the UI changes, new button options, and new filenames.

The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. It can be downloaded at: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o Vice, is this new?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It's 'official' and now part of the game's update system. Over the last few days it has been in a test phase.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Jack Dandy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jack Dandy »

Thanks!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o Must be a Yoda moment. I could've sworn I downloaded the release a few days ago from the main DL webpage.
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

me too Marv...glitch in the Matrix?
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Cindy
Commander
Commander

Post by Cindy »

Thank you for the great work, Vice! I love the newest version! :)
A country gal with a heart of gold and a delight for blowing up spacecraft! :)
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

I thought of getting a stock pile of stuff to be the first one or at less trade it with someone when a d call comes. So if you see me on grid with you then ask for some stuff for these d calls and I may have them if I'm not doing a mission or something.
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

that's a good idea! Good thinking Air! :)
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Airassasin suggested that my post elsewhere was unfair notice and that I should post in this thread.
So be it. Here is my warning:
If anyone built, builds or continues to build stations close enough to cause players who use a gate to be destroyed will be banned from the game!
Is that fair enough for you Airassasin?
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

From post: 110498, Topic: tid=7752, author=MMaggio wrote:Airassasin suggested that my post elsewhere was unfair notice and that I should post in this thread.
If anyone built, builds or continues to build stations close enough to cause players who use a gate to be destroyed will be banned from the game!
WOW, did not know a station could destroy someone. All [UE] stations near gates have been removed as far as I know. :o;)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

From post: 110498, Topic: tid=7752, author=MMaggio wrote:Airassasin suggested that my post elsewhere was unfair notice and that I should post in this thread.
Ya I was just thinking people will see the post if its on here. Anyways you should check out this link http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7766
Ma
From post: 110499, Topic: tid=7752, author=thetiebers wrote: WOW, did not know a station could destroy someone. All [UE] stations near gates have been removed as far as I know. :o;)
I think its bc if you go to fast in the docking bay then you blown up and when you come out of the gate you are going several k.

[Edited on 7-13-2011 by airassassin]
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 110499, Topic: tid=7752, author=thetiebers wrote:WOW, did not know a station could destroy someone.
:o Constructor stations can. If you're off your approach by just a wee bit ... and you don't need to be going very fast.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

Other stations can be hit a relevant velocities without harm. They have a gravitation shield of some sort that prevents that.

Carriers and constructors don't.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala