Evochron Mercenary 1.428 available...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Version 1.428 is available for download and includes the following improvements:

- Background star detail increased.
- Military ship frames updated to improve texture alignment.
- Gun turret control system updated to match flight control vertical input.
- Modification system updated to support custom ship hull textures for each color option.
- Modification system updated to properly load/display custom image files for loading stage.
- Primary weapon and shield impact sound effects now use multiple audio channels for improved quality.
- Multiplayer system updated for improved compatibility with a wider range of network devices and better performance.
- Mouse button input system updated to ignore input signals from buttons 3 and higher for menus.
- Mouse button control for multiplayer voice chat implemented (including remapping option).
- Profile template problem that occasionally caused lost hangar items fixed.
- Reduced memory overhead slightly for improved efficiency.
- Shadows added to target and station direction indicators.
- Several texture improvements for better image quality.
- Shield array status indicators added to gunsight.
- Exhaust lens flare effect added (angle based).
- Several minor bug fixes.

The new multiplayer system is designed for improved performance, utilizes multiple CPU cores better, and should provide better compatibility with a wider range of network devices.

The customizing kit has also been updated for a few changes in file formats and the new options. Filename changes include 'greenarrow.png', 'greenbox.png', and 'yellowbox.png'. The new shield array status indicators use 'b2shieldX-front.png', 'b2shieldX-left.png', 'b2shieldX-rear.png', and 'b2shieldX-right.png' where X is a number from 1 to 3 representing the damage level from green to red.

The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. It can be downloaded at: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
PirxThePilot
Ensign
Ensign

Post by PirxThePilot »

Keeps getting better and better. Thanks Vice!
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

Working nicely, thanks for another great game build. :cool:
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice, Thanks Vice.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Ophiuchus
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Ophiuchus »

Vice,
Same problem, sir. Disappearing constructor stations, all over the quadrant, in MP-space on the Rem-1. I know it's the holiday weekend, and you should enjoy it un-encumbered.
Just a heads-up when you return to the grind stone. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Probably more improperly distanced (sector-wise) constructors. I'll likely need to go through the server's universe file again and remove them.
StarWraith 3D Games
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

When I right-click R1 in the MP menu, my game crashes. (Build 1.428)
If I left-click to join there is no problem.

Just wanted to let you know Vice.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Working ok here and the right click option actually uses the same connection method as the left click option, so there shouldn't be different results. Does an error message display?
StarWraith 3D Games
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Nope, just the windows "Game stopped working". (Win7 64bit)

It workes sometimes, so it might be in my end?!

It's not a big issue for me. Just wanted to let you know.

I just tried it and now it worked. LOL!
Don't worry about it. Must be my connection or something!

[Edited on 2011-5-30 by SeeJay]
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Nerevar_X
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nerevar_X »

IDS Throttle Increase/Decrease no longer functions with 1.428 patch.

I have keys binded for this and don't use the throttle on my joystick since I prefer to use the keys for speeding up/slowing down when flying in IDS mode.

Now it no longer works. When I went to rebind the keys it gave me some sort of error like "conflict with key or button", I don't remember. I have nothing else bound to these keys and double-checked. I went ahead and deleted the assigned "button" for throttle control on joystick (not really a button but a lever). Saved/Exit. Still not working. I went back and totally cleared all items related to IDS throttle up/down and deleted, saved,exited. Then, went back and rebound the keys only. Saved/Exited. That didn't work.

So I'm stuck flying in Inertia mode it seems until this is patched.

Thank you,

ALSO: I should add, the throttle control/lever on the joystick, which I hoped to used in the meantime until the keys issues is fixed, also doesn't work either. So I can't control throttle for IDS with binded keys nor with joystick. I used the joystick setup feature in the game to test the axis and everything functions fine there but not in the actual game.

[Edited on 5-31-2011 by Nerevar_X]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Just tested and it works fine here. Also, nothing has really changed with the control system for this update or the last few updates that I can recall. So I'm wondering if it may be related to the device ID assignments, a corrupted setting file, or the control mode you are using. First, I'd suggest backing up your '.sw' files, then use the 'restore defaults' option, then remap your keys and buttons the way you like, then test again. If the problem persists, restore the backed up files and send the following files to me attached to an e-mail (starwraith.com > contact):

- keymap8.sw
- pilotX.sw (where X is a number from 0 to 99)
- sw.cfg
StarWraith 3D Games
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Works here, too. And I swap out two or three profiles a day, in MP and SP.
BLEVE
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by BLEVE »

From post: 107934, Topic: tid=7614, author=Nerevar_X wrote:IDS Throttle Increase/Decrease no longer functions with 1.428 patch.

I have keys binded for this and don't use the throttle on my joystick since I prefer to use the keys for speeding up/slowing down when flying in IDS mode.

Now it no longer works. When I went to rebind the keys it gave me some sort of error like "conflict with key or button", I don't remember. I have nothing else bound to these keys and double-checked. I went ahead and deleted the assigned "button" for throttle control on joystick (not really a button but a lever). Saved/Exit. Still not working. I went back and totally cleared all items related to IDS throttle up/down and deleted, saved,exited. Then, went back and rebound the keys only. Saved/Exited. That didn't work.

Thank you,

ALSO: I should add, the throttle control/lever on the joystick, which I hoped to used in the meantime until the keys issues is fixed, also doesn't work either. So I can't control throttle for IDS with binded keys nor with joystick. I used the joystick setup feature in the game to test the axis and everything functions fine there but not in the actual game.

I had the same problem with my joystick. Fixed it by removing joystick from the USB port and replacing it at the point where the conflict occurred. The buttons would then be binded with new commands. It seemed to clear whatever problem was causing the conflict.
Nerevar_X
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nerevar_X »

From post: 107977, Topic: tid=7614, author=BLEVE wrote:
From post: 107934, Topic: tid=7614, author=Nerevar_X wrote:IDS Throttle Increase/Decrease no longer functions with 1.428 patch.

Thank you,

I had the same problem with my joystick. Fixed it by removing joystick from the USB port and replacing it at the point where the conflict occurred. The buttons would then be binded with new commands. It seemed to clear whatever problem was causing the conflict.
I tried that, It worked once. But when I later exited and re-entered the game it was back to the original problem. I have to constantly do that everytime I go to play the game and it's really annoying. It's clearly a bug deserving of being squashed or blasted from the stars. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Again, for it to be fixed if it is a bug, you'll need to send me the files I listed in my previous post for me to analyze the problem further. Since it seems specific to your system and others like it, I need to know what is going on to try and fix it.
StarWraith 3D Games
fredebec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by fredebec »

Hi,

Since the update, the game crash randomly with apparition of a windows : "File Operation Error" (see attached file). It mainly arrives when i quick save, and sometimes i lost my pilotx.sw...strange !

Any clue?

[Edited on 7-8-2011 by Vice]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be interference or a problematic profile. Please send me your pilot0.sw file attached to an e-mail (starwraith.com > contact).
StarWraith 3D Games
fredebec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by fredebec »

OK, I have just sent you an email with the file. Thanks for the help...
BLEVE
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by BLEVE »

I tried that, It worked once. But when I later exited and re-entered the game it was back to the original problem. I have to constantly do that everytime I go to play the game and it's really annoying. It's clearly a bug deserving of being squashed or blasted from the stars. Nerevar_X

My problem was User Error. I failed to update the Logitech controller program. When it and the game are reading from different scripts, it can cause problems. I updated the controller program buttons, then the game buttons and have has no problem since.

If you are still having problems, then send the files that Vice asked for. He should be able to solve your conflict.

[Edited on 3-6-2011 by BLEVE]

Whoops should have read further, Vice asked the same thing.

[Edited on 3-6-2011 by BLEVE]
cobbmeister
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cobbmeister »

Just bought the game today, played the demo and fell in love with it straight away, its great to see new improvements in development and support.

see you all in game.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello cobbmeister, looking forward to seeing you in MP also. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Cobbmeister, welcome to the game and forum....LOL...registerd on 12-16-2010 half a year ago?
and this is your first post and you finally bought the game?......;):P:P:P:P:P....Anyways, hope to see you out there some time.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good