Evochron Legacy Launch Announcement...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by Zenith »

Wow! I just want to say a massive thank you to Vice, the 40% discount is a really great gesture!
sundalo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by sundalo »

Huge thank you to Vice for making Evo Legacy the greatest masterpiece! :)
\"There\'s a war going on out there, and it ain\'t easy!\"

\"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.\"
Minuteman
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Legacy.

Post by Minuteman »

Oops. Bought it on Steam when I already had EM on gamersgate (so no discount).

Oh well, it's an extra 6 bucks well spent. Vice - thanks so much for your work on this. I'm excited to jump in and check it out! I had already hit my gaming budget for the month - but when I saw this release sneak up on me, it was a no brainer to get it! Thanks for what you do!
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by Daedalao »

Thanks for another iteration of a fantastic series :D

Will check this out tonight via the Demo version I hope.
Barberetti
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Barberetti »

Woohoo .. glad I checked the forum today. This is like an early birthday present!

*throws money at Vice*

*downloads game*
KerrAvon
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by KerrAvon »

Just heard about Legacy on rockpapershotgun.com, I didn't know! Many thanks for the 40% discount Shawn, looking forward to getting back into Evochron, nice work.
Not_That_DeGrasse
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Not_That_DeGrasse »

I had literally just deleted Elite (SO. DONE.), and was even hovering over E:M, ready to delete it, too, and just give up on spaceflight for a while. Then, in place of Evochron patch news, I saw Whole New Evochron Game news?!

I himmed and hawed, and wrung my hands, and checked the page, and saw a discount. . . and shouted at Steam for FORCING me to jump right back into the cockpit!

And THEN I made a profile to express how excited I was to be back! Thanks so much for all the hard work, Vice!

P.S. I still deleted E:M. :p
Brian Rubin
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Brian Rubin »

You da MAN Vice! Da. MAN.
Space Game Junkie | Blog | YouTube | Podcast
Skylee
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Skylee »

Yeahhh!!

Thank you Vice and thank you all testers!

Hope to see you in space soon guys!
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying.

Arthur C.Clarke
Revenile
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Revenile »

I gotta admit, I only grabbed the game cause of the discount when I did. (I would have purchased it eventually, as I really enjoy this series despite not being anywhere near patient enough for it technically). However I'm glad that I did. Not only does it look better, sound better and play better, but it performs better on my PC than Mercenary ever did. Your Optimization is amazing Vice. Congratulations on the new game launch and here's hoping for success, EL was the top seller on steam at one point.
\"We will fight for love and glory. We will live to tell the story. There is nothing we can\'t live through. Nothing ever dies, we will rise again.\"
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Legacy.

Post by Sinbad »

I also found that EL performs better than EM on my pc. I get higher frame rates than I did with EM with most of the settings on max. Amazing work!

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
SDWeimer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by SDWeimer »

Awesome, just got it will get to playing it.

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by SDWeimer]
Clan [Universal Explorers]
[UE]SDWeimer
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Legends
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Mercernary
Kelan
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Kelan »

Congrats on the new version! This series has joined my very short list of immediate purchases just because of the developer behind the game.

My first experiences with Mercenary showed me I wasn't much of a pilot :). However, after spending lots of time with Elite the past year, purchasing and getting competent with a joystick again, and coming back to Legacy, I am enjoying Evochron much more this time around as my pilot/flying skill in general has improved a great deal since the last time.

Looking forward to sticking with this version for a long time.

[Edited on 1-24-2016 by Kelan]
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by Major Grubert »

Wow ! very cool news indeed !!
thank you very much mister Vice !

hope i get it for my birthday :)
Adger1971
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Adger1971 »

Awesome work as always Vice..i hope you sell hundreds of thousands copies pal,great space sim im really loving it
\"He who gets excited in fighting...Is sure to make mistakes\"
lasmori
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by lasmori »

Oh no! Why did you do this to me? *Throws my money at you*.

Fantastic :D.
warsign
Captain
Captain

Legacy.

Post by warsign »

Congrats Vice and hello to my old friends and new pilots out there...

I wish to play "Evochron Legacy" like the old ones, may be it happens who knows ;)

Didn't buy the game yet but i will asap...
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legacy.

Post by Marvin »

Hello, ,warsign. Welcome back ... but a word of caution. Don't let any of the new guys know about your modding ability. :o (Oops.)
Hans
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by Hans »

:cool:
Fantastic, Wunderbar. Dankeschoen.
Purchased and checking it out.
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Legacy.

Post by Janus »

I quit playing Mercenary for a while. I've been doing something else. But I heard that Star Wraith had released a new Evochron game, I checked it out. Upon reading the development page, I was intrigued. I downloaded the demo and went through the training scenario. Then I played SP for a bit and fell in love all over again. I didn't even use the same Email address as when I purchased EM as I think the price is extremely reasonable and knowing something of programming myself, figured he deserved the full price for it. I figured it up and with the 40% discount, I came up with about $15.00. Huh? This game is worth way more than that. Which is why I wanted to pay full price for it. And remembering the Customer Service Vice provided with EM, I have no problem whatsoever paying the full price for the game even though I paid the full price for EM.

Well, done, sir. Well done, indeed. You know how to treat customers and how to produce a quality product. Others could definitely take lessons from you.
ADMIN Starport 6
ChewyHoops
Ensign
Ensign

Legacy.

Post by ChewyHoops »

I got caught up IRL for a while now, and just today discovered the new game is available - Best news I've seen in a long time!

I'll be grabbing it on Steam, and I'm not interested in a discount! My sim project (and a ton of other spin-off projects) were based on the fun I had with Mercenary. Because of the new release, I'm renewing my build, and getting back into the best space sim series I've played. I agree with the above poster that ED got old quick, and it will be years to see a return on my investment for SC (and many more to afford a computer that can run it, and the bandwidth to download it). I can run Evochron on any of my decent computers, and he incredible amount of controller options means I can fly dual-stick and multiple button boxes, and that's the immersion I've always wished for.

THANK YOU VICE!
The Madderly\'s Lady SimPit Project: http://madderlyslady.blogspot.com
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Legacy.

Post by -splosives- »

Congratulations, Vice, for making another awesome space game. Evochron is the game that got me into space simulators in the first place, and I made a lot of friends while playing. That's why these games will always have a special place in my heart.

Also, the reviews on steam are looking pretty good. Seems like a lot of people like the game.

[Edited on 2-15-2016 by -splosives-]
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legacy.

Post by Marvin »

From post: 185360, Topic: tid=12194, author=-splosives- wrote:Also, the reviews on steam are looking pretty good. Seems like a lot of people like the game.
:cool: I think a lot of Steam people are console game players ... and they like the fact that Vice is working hard to include gaming controls in the EL options.
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legacy.

Post by DaveK »

You back splosives or just giving a nice comment? Hope it's the former :D
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Legacy.

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Well, I find it's safer to stand back of splosives than it is to stand in front of his cannons.