SW3DG 15th Anniversary...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

OOOPPSS... missed this...:(

Belated congratulations!
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala
Skiiwa
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Skiiwa »

Very Excited to see the Vids! Can't wait for the release!! Will buy it the second its available!
RGHawk2000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RGHawk2000 »

Indeed it is great that Vice and his games still around and as I told my friends long time ago the good thing about Vice games are that they are the only real space sim around with joystick required to fly. People are calling space sim point and click games because they are in space and indeed they don't have a clue, and this is coming from an aerospace engineer. I hope you Vice could complete your last project since it will be worth it. I remember the first time I tried one of his game I was so excited because it was the first where I could enter and fly in a planet atmosphere so I bought the key and kept playing for a while. I try to come back but sometime RL it is stronger and sometime we waste our time in games that at the end leave you empty. Glad to see these games still around...

Happy anniversary and best wishes...sorry for the delay :P

Sincerely,

RG
Accountant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Accountant »

Happy (very) belated anniversary! There are only 2 game series which have a special place in my heart, and ER/EL/EM is one of them. Your work has given me countless hours of enjoyment and relaxation, which for the price you offer is a steal. I cannot wait for my daughter to grow older so I can introduce her to this amazing experience.

So, with that said, I second sythsillis's post. If you need to offset some of the financial burden, how about a no-obligation fundraiser? Or a you-way-undercharged-us-for-your-games-so-let-us-make-it-up-to-you fundraiser?

Anyways, thanks for the memories, Vice. Looking forward to your next work.
Enforcing GAAP in the outer systems since 2407.

Callsigns: [CPA]Accountant and Dark Helmet
Mods: EL Observation Cockpit | Dragonfly | Swallow | ER/EL Hud Mod | Sphere and Sphere Cockpit
SDWeimer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SDWeimer »

congrats on 15 years, looking forward to the hopeful eventual release of this new game.
Clan [Universal Explorers]
[UE]SDWeimer
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Legends
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Mercernary
ZyborgJames
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZyborgJames »

Thanks for making such great games for so long! I'm really excited for what the future holds for SW3DG.
Good Luck,
ZyborgJames
Artean
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Artean »

For purely egoistical reasons (I really want to get my hands on this), I wish you good luck in completing EP!

Are you aming for an early access program? If so, count me in.
ixtern
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ixtern »

Congratulations, Vice, I am eagerly waiting for your new project.
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Awesome news!

Can't wait to play it...

Congrats SW3DG!
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

Nice to read good news from you Vice, and from the game community, and very nice to read about the NEW PROJECT, wow !!

I stay tune for more news and fun :)
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 180434, Topic: tid=11998, author=Major Grubert wrote:Nice to read good news from you Vice, and from the game community, and very nice to read about the NEW PROJECT, wow !!

I stay tune for more news and fun :)
And nice to read you Major!!!
Galnospoke
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Galnospoke »

Whether this new project will be compatible with Windows XP?
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

From post: 180448, Topic: tid=11998, author=_-Caleb-_ wrote:And nice to read you Major!!!
i'm playing around sometimes... :)

i connect a server or another almost randomly and cruise lot of space in search for some artifacts and mapping stars in IFoS...
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

And I'm very curious about the "new project" :)

very

thanks mister Vice
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveK »

I think that SeeJay posted something on the steam forum a while ago. (He's the only one I know about who's authorised to speak about the new project.

:)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 181495, Topic: tid=11998, author=Galnospoke wrote:Whether this new project will be compatible with Windows XP?
According to Vice, it should work with Windows XP. Depending on your graphics card, you might need to crank down some of the texture settings.
Galnospoke
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Galnospoke »

From post: 181503, Topic: tid=11998, author=Marvin wrote:According to Vice, it should work with Windows XP. Depending on your graphics card, you might need to crank down some of the texture settings.
I have good hardware, but like this OS.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Windows XP might have some memory restrictions (even though Vice has said the 4G patch isn't necessary). Nonetheless, the quality of graphics, even with XP, should be impressive (and immersive). Unless you're the only one using XP, you'll probably have help in adjusting the settings for a balance between performance and eye candy.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Whether this new project will be compatible with Windows XP?
I wanted to provide some comments on the issue of Windows XP. Support for XP is not yet a certainty, as some of the final technical details about the game are not yet finalized. I've been testing, prototyping, and/or planning things out across multiple API's from DX9.0c to DX9.0Ex to DX11 for various reasons/options. Whether DX9.0c (which is the only version of DX that will work on XP) will be retained until release is not 100% certain yet. The possibility of whether -any- particular API will or will not be supported isn't yet sorted out, it's part of some remaining technical challenges and required objectives/goals I have for the project that have yet to be fully met and/or finalized.

As an OS without much driver support/updates and other limitations, I also can't say whether the game might work long term on XP or not, even if it might initially. Some version of DX9 will be supported. I generally use older established graphics systems in my games anyway, as long as they meet the minimums I need for the effects and details I want to render (and in this case, requiring at least shader model 3, which is an increase from model 2 used in the previous game). I just don't know if that will include an XP compatible version or not, several huge changes are still in the works that may impact such compatibility.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o Looks like I'll be needing a new computer. :(
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

From post: 181502, Topic: tid=11998, author=DaveK wrote:I think that SeeJay posted something on the steam forum a while ago. (He's the only one I know about who's authorised to speak about the new project.

:)
ooh thanks a lot for the clue, i did found the "something" end then some little more in other places :)

very interesting :)
Keitarooo
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Keitarooo »

From post: 178895, Topic: tid=11998, author=sythsillis wrote:I may be out of line here, but why not set up a fund raising site on the home page? You probably prefer to work alone, but some of the money could be used to hire a couple of people to take some of the load off. Space sim players tend to be more dedicated than casual players and would be glad to help you out in this way (i.e. Star Citizen). :cool:
This ! Have Vice talked about what he thinks of this idea on this forum ? I'm curious to know his vision about fund raising (like kickstarter) for his game. :D
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I get the feeling Vice won't take money unless he can be certain of delivering a product ... and not a cut-down, hollowed-out version of his original concept.
Rubber Chicken
Captain
Captain

Post by Rubber Chicken »

From post: 181676, Topic: tid=11998, author=Marvin wrote:I get the feeling Vice won't take money unless he can be certain of delivering a product ... and not a cut-down, hollowed-out version of his original concept.
^^This. :cool:

Now all that's needed is a cutting-edge tech company to release a "You think it and the computer does it" development tool for the Boss to work with! :cool::cool:
Support National Take Your Chicken to Work Day!
-------------------
100% Organic, free-range and zero-antibiotics. STILL the toughest bird in the Evoverse.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 181680, Topic: tid=11998, author=Rubber Chicken wrote:Now all that's needed is a cutting-edge tech company to release a "You think it and the computer does it" development tool for the Boss to work with! :cool::cool:
:o With a Dev program like that, the competition would be incredible. Everybody would have a game of their own to sell. It would be worse than Internet publishing.