Evochron Mercenary 2.158 available...

Official SW3DG related announcements and news.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Evochron Mercenary version 2.158 is available for download. Although it's only been a few days since the last update, I'm rolling this one out quickly due to a fix for a potential crash issue. This update targets 3 specific issues:

- Trade console now closes after one player accepts a player-to-player trade console contract.
- Under very rare circumstances, a pending contract could have its pay value set to zero, now fixed.
- Runtime error 7008 at line 64060-64090 message that could rarely occur at around the 50% loading point (in multiplayer only) now fixed.
- Player built stations made in single player would sometimes be removed from a profile if the player was in a matching sector in single player, then joined multiplayer, saved, then later returned to single player. Now fixed.
- Dropped cargo containers would not always contain the correct unit count or other parameters, now fixed.
- A few other minor cosmetic bug fixes are also included.

A few players have reported a freezing issue during gameplay effecting only players in the same sector and all at the same time. The primary fixes in this build may help address the issue, but only if the problem stems from a game caused bug, rather than being caused by any external factors such as connection problems with the server, TeamSpeak 3 interference, or other external causes. If anyone encounters a freeze they suspect may be game caused, please forward the details of events that took place immediately before the freeze to help in my search. Examples could be: if you had just accepted a contract, if you were on a contract, just about to complete a contract, were trading (and if so, what items/parameters), if you had just typed a text message and pressed enter, if you or another player were transitioning from ship to terrain walker or back, etc. If so, please e-mail me those details directly (starwraith.com > contact). If you are familiar with the issue (even if only on a particular server) and find that this build helped, please also let me know via e-mail.

http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... nloads.htm

[Edited on 1-1-2013 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Janus »

I assume this is compatible with the current 2128 server version. Is that correct?

Janus
ADMIN Starport 6
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Yes, the server version will remain the same. One advantage of the new version system in the expansion is the server program and client can run independent versions in case one needs a quick fix like the client did today. I'll try to include a notice that the server program has also been updated when it requires an update.
StarWraith 3D Games
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Janus »

I think the 3D version of the server program aready has that. When I got an error the last time, I tried running the 3D just in case and got a popup box saying "the program is out of date" or something to that affect. Would be nice if the 2D version would do that. But i understand that when you write 2 versions of a program like you did with the 3D and 2D versions, things sometimes get left out of one.

Janus
ADMIN Starport 6
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The 2D version of the program should have the same message. If not, then the show dialogue function of the language it's written in may not be working correctly. The 2D version of the program is written in a different language, which has had some other quirks/limitations as well.
StarWraith 3D Games
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Janus »

Now I understand. The last 2 or 3 times updating the program fixed the error, a message box appeared with the following message:

An error occurred in An internal function (- ThreadSingleMessageKeepLastUser) whilst executing. The cause of the error is unclear at line 45 of file 'ThreadSingleMessageKeepLastUser.cpp". Error code -1 Version "Releasev2.02.2 Alpha 5". would you like to exit?

If I responded no, I didn't want to exit, I got this message:

An error occurred in an internal function (- StoreVector) whilst executing. The cause of the error is unclear at line 141 of file "c:\\users\\[name withheld]\\documents\\programming 09\\mikenet\\project\\mikenet\\StoreVector.h". Error code -1. Version "Release v2.0.2 alpha 5". would you like to exit?

A first and last name is included in the space where [name withheld] is located and it's no name I recognize.

This is very helpful. Now I know what that message means. It means there's an update.

Thanks.

Janus

[Edited on 12-31-2012 by Janus]
ADMIN Starport 6
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Actually, that error is likely something else, sounds like some kind of connection/memory problem. The only time the server program will display a message about a new update is when you first attempt to connect. It won't check or display an update message while it is running.
StarWraith 3D Games
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Don't know if it's relevant, but I've experienced the "update" notice similar to the described, on the client side. Often times, the game software would provide the prompt. C-A 5 days/time-line is just one of the few where I've seen it most.
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The client will check for updates periodically on a first start and when you check for multiplayer servers.
StarWraith 3D Games
littleboy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by littleboy »

thanks Vice :)
Janus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Janus »

From post: 153865, Topic: tid=10280, author=Vice wrote: Actually, that error is likely something else, sounds like some kind of connection/memory problem. The only time the server program will display a message about a new update is when you first attempt to connect. It won't check or display an update message while it is running.
The message doesn't appear when it's running. The server is set to automatically connect after starting. That's when the message appears; right after it starts. But once you update, it no longer appears on server start.

Janus

[Edited on 1-1-2013 by Janus]
ADMIN Starport 6
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

I'm downloading this now.

BTW, what ever happen to this http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... opment.htm
Did we ever get the walkers?
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Check out coollguy's Youtube post.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be a problem when trying to auto-launch the server program after it detects a new build value. I wonder if it behaves the same way if you manually try to connect it. Something I can check into.
StarWraith 3D Games
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 153916, Topic: tid=10280, author=airassassin wrote:I'm downloading this now.

BTW, what ever happen to this http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmerce ... opment.htm
Did we ever get the walkers?
Yes, we did get walkers, you have to purchase them from a Station or City and have an empty equipment slot to install them!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Using the exact same SX and SZ coordinates?
PandaBear
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by PandaBear »

I started a mew pilot and having a lots of problem.
Game crash when I try to exchange ship.

Nav page have lots of problem
If I clik on a point in a map then another point I am getting black hud screen. I have to reclick "H" to get back to the nav page. Also auto pilot and other auto pilot option in Nav page also does this
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Your descriptions are a bit too vague to offer much in the way of specific solutions. If you'd like technical support, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8

The first problem sounds like some kind of out of memory problem or issue with a mod. The second sounds like some kind of control mapping issue (ie you mapped the 'H' key to other key/button input functions simultaneously).
StarWraith 3D Games
PandaBear
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by PandaBear »

As alway you are the best.. Alway fast to answer and offer help.

The first problem I have did not happen again.
Second problem are my mistake. I mapped my second mouse button with 3 other things without me knowing it.
Problem fix
Thanks
hank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hank »

I got an update message when trying to log on to an MP server. It said there was a 2.188 to install. No problems but I don't see anything here regarding an update. I was a bit reluctant to let it happen but decided faith was in order.
Call sign: Thanatos
Tritonio
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tritonio »

From post: 154715, Topic: tid=10280, author=hank wrote:I got an update message when trying to log on to an MP server. It said there was a 2.188 to install. No problems but I don't see anything here regarding an update. I was a bit reluctant to let it happen but decided faith was in order.
Same thing here. Well I suppose we'll get an update thread soon. :-)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

The Update message takes you directly to the download page for the game.