Of course...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Of course...

Post by countjimula »

Trying to Finish mission 25, but the enemy command ship can not be full destroyed. It seems to be stuck in a destruction, blowing up state. If I try to fly close to it in that state the results can only be described as broken.

Other than this issue I am having a lot of fun with the missions, and the game in general.

Edit: Version 1.208

[Edited on 5-3-2012 by countjimula]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Of course...

Post by Vice »

It might be a problem. Did you deploy the detonator properly and in time? Had you taken out the two Vonari capital ships?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Of course...

Post by countjimula »

I have a detonator? :)

No, I just took out all the ships first with the fleet and then had them all attack the capital ship. I did not see any other large ships in the area.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Of course...

Post by Vice »

Maybe we are referring to two different missions then. Is it the attack base mission or a different one? What does the briefing say to do?
StarWraith 3D Games
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Of course...

Post by countjimula »

I it is the destroy the spy/traitor mission. It introduces the Banshee, and you can't use missiles because of electrical interference.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Of course...

Post by Vice »

Could be a limited glitch, I'd be interested in checking out your profile if you'll e-mail it to me. Then if I can duplicate it, it should be easy to fix. For now, I would suggest never letting the ship get out of sensor range (which is much shorter in that nebula) while performing the attack.
StarWraith 3D Games
countjimula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Of course...

Post by countjimula »

Sent, thank you.

Edit: I changed all the ships in the fleet to Chimera.

Dropped the fulcrum drive and replaced it with an anti missile system

Set Shields to level 10

[Edited on 5-3-2012 by countjimula]
Gold
Ensign
Ensign

Of course...

Post by Gold »

Can't finish the level. Destroyed all enemies. I tried having the enemy capital ship next to me the whole time, didn't work...

Any fix?

[Edited on 7-1-2013 by Gold]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Of course...

Post by Vice »

I tested with count's profile back when he reported it and completed the mission successfully. So one or more of the traitors may be escaping during the course of the mission, depending on how long it's taking you to complete it. If you just can't complete it, you can e-mail me your profile and I can mark the mission as complete for you.
StarWraith 3D Games
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Of course...

Post by Maarschalk »

This mission is one of the more difficult ones, because if one of the traitors gets away the mission will not complete!....You have to get them all within a certain time!

Some times I would find the culprit some where hidding in the Nebulae circling 20K from the waypoint marker!...;):cool:

[Edited on 1-7-2013 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Gold
Ensign
Ensign

Of course...

Post by Gold »

From post: 154946, Topic: tid=9316, author=Maarschalk wrote:This mission is one of the more difficult ones, because if one of the traitors gets away the mission will not complete!....You have to get them all within a certain time!

Some times I would find the culprit some where hidding in the Nebulae circling 20K from the waypoint marker!...;):cool:

[Edited on 1-7-2013 by Maarschalk]

That's what I thought, and I even searched around for any enemies and couldn't find any. I might have missed someone but I tried to make sure that all 23 fighters were downed.
I tried this mission 6 times. Gonna e-mail to Vice and try again.

And just a question... Are the enemy fighters in this level programmed to chase you and give a fight or to run away ?
Is there maybe a general direction they are fleeing to?

Btw, is this the right E-mail?

[Edited on 8-1-2013 by Gold]
Gold
Ensign
Ensign

Of course...

Post by Gold »

As soon as I sent the e-mail and tried again I finished the mission. Not sure what was different but I have theory -
It might be a bad idea to tell damaged pilots to go back to repair. I think some enemies chase them and lose them in the middle of the way and end up wandering off. Therefore they cannot be found again and killed...

So never mind Vice, got the mission done.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Of course...

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 155008, Topic: tid=9316, author=Gold wrote:As soon as I sent the e-mail and tried again I finished the mission. Not sure what was different but I have theory -
It might be a bad idea to tell damaged pilots to go back to repair. I think some enemies chase them and lose them in the middle of the way and end up wandering off. Therefore they cannot be found again and killed...

So never mind Vice, got the mission done.
This is a possible Scenario.

I ussually do this mission not ordering any one to repair!....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Of course...

Post by Marvin »

From post: 155008, Topic: tid=9316, author=Gold wrote:It might be a bad idea to tell damaged pilots to go back to repair. I think some enemies chase them and lose them in the middle of the way and end up wandering off. Therefore they cannot be found again and killed...
:o A strong possibility. IIRC, pilots who left their wingmen to their own devices usually did better at this mission than those of us who looked out for our guys.