Can't destroy drones in training

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
migo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by migo »

I'm running into a problem in training for Arvoch Alliance, and have gone back over it a couple times, but I can't seem to solve it. Whenever it's time to destroy the drones, I don't seem to do any damage to them. I'll see a blue flash indicating the shield has been hit, and get some audio feedback to the same effect, but the stats for the drone always remain the same and no matter how much I hit them they stay flying.

I didn't have this problem with the training in Evochron Mercenary, there it was pretty much point and click and drones go boom. So I'm completely at a loss.
Wasp89
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wasp89 »

Hello Migo,

Are you firing your beam weapon at the drone or just your particle weapon? The beam weapon will drain the shields so that your particle weapon can start to do damage to the hull. I believe that the "n" button will cycle between your weapons (IIRC).

(You can also bind keys and mouse or joystick buttons to fire the particle weapon and beam weapon independently of one another so that you don't have to switch mid flight.)

Keep in mind that the drone's shields will recharge, so if your aren't landing multiple consecutive shots on the drone in short succession it will give the drone a chance to recover.
-The race is not to the swift,
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise,
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all...

...For death is the destiny of every man;
the living should take this to heart...
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I've discovered that, even though your weapons might have a range of 500 or 600 km, they only pack a real whallop when inside 300 km.
migo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by migo »

As far as I could tell I was firing both all the time. Every time I'd click the LMB two beams and two particles would shoot out.

I'll see about maneuvering inside 300km (I get the feeling it could take me a while). I hope that the reverse is also true, that enemy ships don't deal much damage outside that range?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120210, Topic: tid=8171, author=migo wrote:I'm running into a problem in training for Arvoch Alliance, and have gone back over it a couple times, but I can't seem to solve it. Whenever it's time to destroy the drones, I don't seem to do any damage to them. I'll see a blue flash indicating the shield has been hit, and get some audio feedback to the same effect, but the stats for the drone always remain the same and no matter how much I hit them they stay flying.

I didn't have this problem with the training in Evochron Mercenary, there it was pretty much point and click and drones go boom. So I'm completely at a loss.
Hi Migo, welcome to the game and forum. First put all your energy to weapons with the ] Key then switch to laser weapon only and keep firing till the shield of the drone start showing red then imediately switch over to cannons only and keep firing and watch the enemy's status display and make sure you have enough energy to always keep firing at a fast rate. If your energy level to weapons drops to much it will fire to slow and gives the drone a chance to recharge its shields If its shields are green again in the enemy status display switch to lasers again and make them red again before using cannons again....! experiment with it and make sure you are within targeting range of your cannons. Cannons alone will not always bring down the shields of the drone but some times they can....;):cool:

[Edited on 11-24-2011 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Hey Migo. Welcome aboard! Maars, Marv, and Wasp offer excellent tips on combat/weapons employment. Very sound advice. Would presume that you're paying attention to your HUD during combat. Patricularly ship's status, radar gymbal, and target radar. Right, center, and left lower MFD's. To access target status info (right-lower MFD), toggle the keyboard "G" key. This will permit the view spoken of by Maars, as in watching for the target shield indicators to change state to red. Check this info in the instructions, or on-line at the EM site. btw, kybd "T" keys toggles thru targets on this MFD as well.
A thought. ;) :cool::cool:

[Edited on 11-24-2011 by FADM Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

I agree with Marvin. Though I found that when I closed to 450 I was hitting the drone, just a couple of hits and it went bang!
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

From post: 120252, Topic: tid=8171, author=Ravenfeeder wrote:I agree with Marvin. Though I found that when I closed to 450 I was hitting the drone, just a couple of hits and it went bang!
It all still relatively depends on your weapons range, cycle rate, yield and energy!......some precise shots from 900 meters distance with a flarebeam after shields of enemy have been drained with lasers can be quite devastating.....;):P:cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

From post: 120263, Topic: tid=8171, author=Maarschalk wrote:
From post: 120252, Topic: tid=8171, author=Ravenfeeder wrote:I agree with Marvin. Though I found that when I closed to 450 I was hitting the drone, just a couple of hits and it went bang!
It all still relatively depends on your weapons range, cycle rate, yield and energy!......some precise shots from 900 meters distance with a flarebeam after shields of enemy have been drained with lasers can be quite devastating.....;):P:cool:
That's my favorite way too.
except that I once was accused of cheating.
"How can you hit me at 900m!"
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o I'm not very fond of events where you have a limited amount of time ... so, when one comes along, I go for the quick kill.