Campaign Mission 8

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Chicki »

Hi guys. Haven't been around lately. Just getting back into the game and getting hooked again! Need some advice on mission 8. All those ships are killing me. Seems impossible to take them all out. They are dusting my wingmen quick too. Any advice on tactics? Short of editing the mission file that is. Thanks spacers!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Vice »

Is that the computer core mission in the Deneb nebula or is it a different one you are referring to?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Chicki »

Yep, that's it. I beat it by a mod of the mission file but....geeeez. Overall, I love this game but, the missions are just WAAAAY too hard pal. C' mon now, I'm just a workin' man. Don't have the time to put in like you must. You geeks are supreme beings...obviously. How about us little people? You don't have to make it so FREAKIN' hard!! Give us some hard, medium, easy settings if you must but let's make it FUN..ok?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Vice »

Interesting, I just completed that mission in about 2-3 minutes with very little difficulty. While it's true that difficulty is subjective (too hard or too easy for some), I'm surprised mission 8 was so difficult compared to some of the others. You don't even have to engage any hostile ships, so I'm not sure why you kept getting destroyed by them. Did you review the mission briefing carefully? Your objective is to recover the computer core, not fight. All you have to do is race in and out, tractoring the core as you fly by. Stay on the afterburner to outrun any missiles and don't waste time trying to dogfight.

[Edited on 10-2-2009 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
warsign
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by warsign »

I know some people need those additional levels by the way:

Hard,Very Hard,Insane,unbeatable,what tha....
Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Chicki »

Yeah, well, I guess if you created the game, are a total space combat freak and all...then it would be easy. I tried racing in to the computer core several times but it never worked. Best I could do was get it onboard before exploding from enemy missles. Seemed like engaging and trying to take out a few fighters was only way. Maybe I'm just not handy enough with that tractor beam. What say to easy, medium and hard settings? Shouldn't be too hard to do.
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by BraveHart »

Originally posted by Chicki
Yep, that's it. I beat it by a mod of the mission file but....geeeez. Overall, I love this game but, the missions are just WAAAAY too hard pal. C' mon now, I'm just a workin' man. Don't have the time to put in like you must. You geeks are supreme beings...obviously. How about us little people? You don't have to make it so FREAKIN' hard!! Give us some hard, medium, easy settings if you must but let's make it FUN..ok?
I remember that mission now! :D Good thing there is a re-spawn feature in Game....When I first started playing Evochron Renegades before Legends came out, I too thought this was a tough game, but I loved it for that because it made me want to try harder and learn fast....With a little bit of time invested I quickly mastered the controls and the combat was a Hoot from then on....Going online and hooking up with some of the Pilots to help you is one ideal to consider.....but it is fun to accomplish the Quest on your own. I am a layman and I have learned a lot from all of the talented people here in the Forum....A Great Bunch of Guys and Gals indeed.

"Good Flying" ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Chicki »

Boy Brave, I'd love to do some online flying. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it though. Not many posts in the multiplayer thread.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, Arvoch Conflict is an older Game so you have to get your answers here form Evochron Legend players who have and still are playing Arvoch Conflict. Unfortunately I'm not one of those.;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Boy Brave, I'd love to do some online flying. There doesn't seem to be much interest in it though. Not many posts in the multiplayer thread.
Strange! I'm on most nights, UK time, and I am seldom alone on BB5 server.

If you opt for MP, you left click to see how many servers that are online, then right click on the servers and it will tell you how many, and who is on that particular server.

As for the Multiplayer thread not having many posts, I wouldn't know. I think that most posters do the same as me, and post on "Todays Posts".

Hope to see you in MP.
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder
Strange! I'm on most nights, UK time, and I am seldom alone on BB5 server.

If you opt for MP, you left click to see how many servers that are online, then right click on the servers and it will tell you how many, and who is on that particular server.

As for the Multiplayer thread not having many posts, I wouldn't know. I think that most posters do the same as me, and post on "Todays Posts".

Hope to see you in MP.
LOL Ravenfeeder, Chicki is talking about Multiplayer for Arvoch Conflict Game. See top of thread Arvoch Conflict/ Campaign Mission 8 ! :P:P:P:P:P

[Edited on 10-3-2009 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by BraveHart »

:D LOL :D...."Now that's a Gotcha Moment" :D
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by BraveHart »

Do you ever think you will get Legends in the near future?...it would be fun to see you in MP ;)
StarWolves Clan
Hellfire Squadron

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes Chicki, come join the fun in Legends. I would like to see you out there!;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

warsign
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by warsign »

Good idea.
Arvoch Conflict is a nice game but If you want to play in MP, I suggest you, follow latest version of the Starwraith Games.
We have fun in Mp every day, playing Evochron Legends.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Maarschalk »

Originally posted by warsign
Good idea.
Arvoch Conflict is a nice game but If you want to play in MP, I suggest you, follow latest version of the Starwraith Games.
We have fun in Mp every day, playing Evochron Legends.
Yes, fun, Yesterday, forexample there was a Vonari-C chasing the Cylon Raiders all over Evochron Legends all the way to lost rucker. Actually the Vonari-C was a Verbosity Evoch-C flown by a human pilot who had infiltrated the Vonari fleet. LOL :P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Chicki
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Campaign Mission 8

Post by Chicki »

Yes guys. Good advice. The newer game looks great. AC is great. It just makes me angry a bit with it's linear campaign. It's a good story though. I'm just gonna keep practicing and finish the game, then, I'll move on to something newer. Looking forward to hooking up with all you fine people. In closing, let me just say thanks to the creator of these great games. It is frustrating at moments but a great time overall. Thanks!

[Edited on 10-3-2009 by MMaggio]