Moving resources from EL to AC

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Koranis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Koranis »

Vice, I was wondering if it's possible to move the engine noise sounds from EL (it's subtler, and doesn't reveal to be in loop) to AC but I can't find a clue in the customisation kit on extracting the resources from EL.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Hmm, testing my memory on that. The thruster sound for AC can be modified, but I'm not sure if it includes a separate engine sound loop and if it does, if that can be modded. I would need to hunt through some source code to refresh my memory. Default resources are built into the game and aren't available for 'unplugging', although if it was made available for modification, I can likely send it to you in wav format.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Koranis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Koranis »

Vice, you're to kind, but I won't waste your time on a search for such minutiae, just because I'm such a detail maniac. :) :)

Of course, if you stumble on it, I would be very glad! (hoped it would be modifiable as huds, music and such...)

[Edited on 6-24-2009 by Koranis]

[Edited on 6-24-2009 by Koranis]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Checked into it and Arvoch does only use the 'thrusters' sound for engine noise. Here is the replacement from Evochron, although the volume and layering may be different, so that may be where the difference(s) is/are. If so, you may want to just decrease the volume of this sound until you get the level that sounds best to you.

http://www.starwraith.com/thrusters.wav

Just place this sound in the \\sw3dg\\ArvochConflict\\sounds (create it if it doesn't already exist) folder to use it instead.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Koranis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Koranis »

Thanks a lot, Vice!