Arvoch Conflict and Evochron Renegades

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Vacorsis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Vacorsis »

I'm kind of curious what the opinion in regards to comparison is. I'm a little confused, honestly, and I hope you don't mind my question(s).

How are the two different? Is it worth owning one over the other? Both? Is Evochron Renegades essentially the same but with more features? They both look great, but they have so much depth that I fear I can only focus on one, and I'd like to know exactly how different or alike the two are.

Thanks. :)
d_k_k_y
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d_k_k_y »

Arvoch is focused on combat. There is no money, trading or something. You are a military fighter squadron leader. You can chooce ships and equipment of your squadron before each mission. It also has more a mix between newtonian and arcarde style physics. The game is also more mission based.

Evochron Renegades is a freeform trading, exploing, fighting game. You simply start in a hugh universe with your ship and try to make some money, upgrade you ship and equipment and try to explore more of the universe. It also uses pure newtonion physics.

Both have MP. Atm there seem to be more persons playing ER online though.

Best is to make your own experience! Test the demos. And check the features and faq pages of both games:

http://www.arvoch.com

http://www.evochronrenegades.com

Any further question are welcome though :)
StarWolves Clan
Captain
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Like Daniel said, nothing like playing the demos. Basically, if you enjoy a 20+ mission squad-assisted campaign and endless random encounters in fast paced combat without the hassle of managing money, trading and reputations, Arvoch is your thing. If you enjoy trading, money and reputations without a squadron (you can have wingmen, tho') and without only having to fight, you can put your money on Renegades.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
d_k_k_y
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by d_k_k_y »

If you enjoy both you could support a great independent developer and buy both ;)
StarWolves Clan
Captain
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Nothing left to say... :)

But two games have different feelings and charisma...
Poodle
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Poodle »

One of the newer real-time strategy games I obtained cost $60.00, and it provided me with months of entertainment. These both cost independently $25.00 each for a total of $50.00 for both, and they provided me with about the same amount of entertainment as the real-time strategy game each, and still do. Hmm... double the fun for $10.00 less?
I'll take it!!
Recorded Klingon Kills: 4
Recorded Deaths by Klingon: 2
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

The games seperately give most people as much fun as a triple-A title. If you're more of a combat type, go for Arvoch, if you're more of a freeform type, go for Evochron. If you just love space-simulations, buy the whole arsenal of games here - they're the best around if you ask me, and even MMaggio would agree with that and he has seen an absurd number of space-sims; he and Vice always show off :P.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news