-PROJECT- AC mission pack with cutscenes

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

Hi all,

I have started a new project. As soon as I am finished with "Revelations", I will cut together a new AC-trailer featuring filmed scenes. The trailer will be short and merely a tech demonstration (so the actors will not yet wear Alliance uniforms). If you like the trailer and it matches the desired quality, I will start work on an AC mission pack, featuring a complex story with filmed cutscenes. This project will require your help!

1. AC update featuring dynamic missions (thanks for the U2Us, Vice)

2. Rendered 3D backgrounds

3. AFAIK there's not yet an official design for Alliance uniforms...what about a design contest? This is a technical issue, I have to talk to the greenscreen-guys first...

(4. Rendered spaceflight cutscenes)

What do you think about this project?

[Edited on 17-8-2007 by Nemesis]
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

No answers until now? If there is no interest, I am not gonna make it...
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Well, I'm interested, but I have no computer skills to be of any help. I do think it's a great idea and I wish you lots of luck!;)
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

Thank you. I didn´t want to know, who can be of any help, I just wanted to know, who would be interested to see the mission pack at all...maybe I should start a poll...
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Well, there is an Alliance logo, the blue wing that is the Star Wraith logo. So, I'd think a silver version of that on the arm, and I'd guess darkblue suits.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I think you'll find there will be signifigant interest in such a project. It's difficult to provide answers to 'what do you think' questions though, especially with the information given. I think once you have something they can see (screenshots, draft video concepts, concept art, etc) and play, you'll get quite a lot of feedback and additional interest.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Well, I can do 2D art. No real video experience except for basic montage skills (which is more than basic Moviemaker skills).

As asked, I think it's a hard one to do without getting cheesy but hey, try it nonetheless. If you feel you've got the skills and actors, it's worth the try, isn't it? I've got faith and if you need help (story/background wise or artistic) just ring me in.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

OK, let's start with the cap/t-shirt-design (for the trailer; the uniform will follow later for the project itself).

A.B.C. Phantom
-ALLIANCE LOGO-
registration number

A.B.C. Phantom
-PHANTOM SILHOUETTE-
registration number

Optionally, the registration number could be replaced by -AIRCRAFT GROUP-, -CYBERSHARK SQUADRON- or something else. What would you prefer? Or do you have a better idea? Shall the stitched logo on the caps be the same as on the t-shirts? Shall the motive be on the left breast or just the ship's name centered on the breast?

[Edited on 20-8-2007 by Nemesis]
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Prefer 1. Same. Left breast. I'd put the name of the carrier on the back (same as FBI has it in the movies).
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Nemesis »

I don't know, if it is possible to stitch something onto the backside. The second version is the original USNAVY-design...btw: What is Phantom's registration number???
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-