Customizing HUD

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Customizing HUD

Post by tha_rami »

Actually, they both have fuel. Arvoch uses fuel that cannot be reloaded during combat (I guess a carrier with an external fuel line/system is too sensitive for enemy fire/attacks), EvoChrons fuel can be refueled during play by docking at a station and refueling, or having a pal refuel you in multiplayer. Arvoch does, as far as I know, send you into combat with a amount of fuel which if depleted means the end of the mission (F7 does a nice job of giving up a mission - it's the eject and destroy ship button - basically, suicide).

So, concluding, Arvoch has limited fuel (although if you play good, you probably will never notice the fuel thing - also I don't know if there's fuel in MP). EvoChron has refillable fuel (both SP and MP).

[Edited on 8-8-07 by tha_rami]
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Customizing HUD

Post by Vice »

From the standpoint that the military ships in AC are refueled after each mission, they do have unlimtied fuel. In mission it's limited however. In multiplayer modes that support the central recharge/reload/refuel option, you can refuel your ship there (50 units per cycle). In EA, you pay for your fuel.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Customizing HUD

Post by Vice »

Ok, I worked on the physics system for AC tonight and will implement the option to customize it in the next update (which should be available soon). Here's a brief description of how to adjust the settings:

To use the new custom physics settings, create a file in the game's default installation folder named 'physics.txt' and on the first line, enter the value you want to use for the rate of drift (essentially the level of mass in relation to the power of the IDS) in the first line and the value you want to use for the maximum per calculation in the second line. The default values are 0.1 for the rate and 0.02 for the maximum per calculation. If you want more drift, decrease the rate value and maximum per calcuation. 0.025 for rate and 0.005 for maximum are good for a high drift physics system.

[Edited on 8-30-2007 by Vice]
StarWraith 3D Games
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Customizing HUD

Post by Jeremy »

Um... :o

Wow. :cool: Nice. :)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Customizing HUD

Post by Vice »

Ok, the update is available for preview. Unless something major comes up, I'll likely announce this update tomorrow:

http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/a ... nloads.htm

Quick list of improvements/fixes:

- New specular effects added to ships for a shiny metallic look.
- Radar markers added for navigation points and mission waypoints.
- Physics system can now be customized to adjust the rate and maximum level of drift.
- Error 94 message when using custom cockpits fixed.
- Framerate performance for slower systems greatly improved for menus.
- Missile lock retention bug for stealth devices fixed for multiplayer.
- Minor bug with threat level indicators not updating with the correct color level fixed.
- Scaling bug in briefing menu with custom ships fixed.
- Error 18 message on some configurations fixed.
StarWraith 3D Games
stonedzen
Ensign
Ensign

Customizing HUD

Post by stonedzen »

Just updated, I must say I'm absolutely blown away!

The physics change makes dogfighting much more intense and strategic... the fix for missile tracking jpeg is working great as well. I now have no HUD of any kind besides what is on the virtual cockpit!

Even though the game was good already, it is now 100x better!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Customizing HUD

Post by Vice »

You're welcome, thanks for your support and feedback.
StarWraith 3D Games
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

Customizing HUD

Post by KingArthur »

Hello.I'm a New Pilot and I'd like to Customize my HUD knopw that I'm Stuck on Mission 18 in the Campaign.Seems lioke a Good Time for Customization.LoL.

I Know Nothing about Creating Directories or Sub-Directories,let alone how to Insert them in the Game Files.

Would Anyone Be Willing to give me Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Change Colourings,Targeting and Such? It would Be Greatly Appriciated,especially now that I'm Trying the Evochron Renegades Demo and will no doubt Purchase the Full Version.

I'm Running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks ahead of Time.
\"HONOR AND INTEGRITY ALWAYS\"