Ok I see, thanks!

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by TRA_Pilotbaby64 »

Please check the "Information and Game times for Multiplayer" Topic for more info on the matter.

We hope to see all of you AC pilots out there, to whoop on our noob butts :)

Have fun!
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

I have issues flying AC while hosting the Evochron Server, but I'll pop in, say hello and have a little combat.

Are you planning on publishing the results of your games? either way I'd be interested in either assisting or also publishing the info on my MP leagues site............
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

And would highly appreciate if you would publish the info on your MP leagues site...

I look forward to see you next week then :)
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

no problem, I'll arrange for you to have an upload page with login for the logs

(I'll u2u you the details this weekend once I've done it).
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

sorry for the double posting here,

just had a thought, I can also arrange that the league tables for pilots and clans can also be incorporated onto your site as well (if you guys can use .php pages I'll send you details of the files you can use to include...)

I'll also be glad to give any other assistance you may need, as my main focus is Evochron, but I don't want to leave Arvoch un-supported
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

the last option would work as well... and Im sure someone in TRA can use .php pages, cause I have no idea what it is :) (PC noob)

So go ahead and forward me those pages please..

Just to understand it correctly; by doing this we would be able to see the same results etc. that are on your page, on our page?
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by TRA_Pilotbaby64

Just to understand it correctly; by doing this we would be able to see the same results etc. that are on your page, on our page?
yeah essentially I put the results into tables, these tables are in their own .php files, so all you need to do is make another page in your site and tell it to include the files.........

I should have them ready sometime this weekend, though hopefully they will be ready b4 your big MP games..
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

Thanks a lot for the good help with this.

If you need a clan logo, there is one in the Clan section here in this Forum.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

Cool,

I've been kinda slow with the league in the past but I'm picking up speed, but I was going to do it anyway

the logo is cool and I will also give you access to edit a clan details area, also a pilot details area if your interested....

(More for fun, I kinda like giving the game more background, you can see a basic example in the Evochron side of the MP leagues site. )
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

oh double posting again (sorry)

While I think of it, there are numerous ways that the raw data can be interpreted, are there any ways that you would like to see?

I'll try to make it as flexible as possible anyway, but ask first to avoid disappointment..

The data is recorded in a log file that will need to be uploaded onto my server and it includes the game settings and results for each game, this will be put into a database and accessed from there. This means that while most interpretations will be straightforward there are some that will need requested.

(I've always had difficulty figuring out how to rank the pilots and clans given that there are a few different play options, so If you've any ideas in this regards let me know, if it makes sense then I can probably do it.......)
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

Not any specifics I can think of. Just as simple as possible for me I guess :)

I have no ideas yet, but I might after we have hosted a few events. This is all very new to me, and still quite anxious to see how our first event will turn out.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by TRA_Pilotbaby64
Not any specifics I can think of. Just as simple as possible for me I guess :)

I have no ideas yet, but I might after we have hosted a few events. This is all very new to me, and still quite anxious to see how our first event will turn out.
LoL no problem, I'll give you any support you guys need , though I won't be able to host any games myself.........

Really the only issue is that there are 4 game types and it's easy to do a per-game type table, but the overall league table requires some thought, areas to consider are how the different game-types are weighted and how to reflect the number of games a pilot has flown ( ie a pilot who has flown in 5 games and has 25 kills over a pilot who has flown 2 and scored 10 etc)

it gets more complicated when you add the co-op game type into it, so for the start I'll use a kills/games score and leave out the co-op type. This should mean that all the data is there and can be re-interpreted depending on how you guys would prefer it..............

I've got a development thread in the game makers discussion, and I'll post details as and when I get it done. (1st post coming up......)
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

Sounds good mate.

For starters our events will be one game type only eg. Dogfighting only, Squadrons only etc etc.

In the other games we play we use a website called Battlestats, which I have request AC to be added on. Here we report our games with Playernames, kills, sharedkills, deaths and points.
It then calculates each Squadrons points, each pilots points, stats, kill/death rates and overall rankings.
If you want I can get a hold of their stat-methods and that could maybe make it easier for you in the future?

And in interested go have a look at : www.battlestats.com and here is an statistic example of an event currently running: http://www.battlestats.com/events/?819

I hope its of any assistance.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

thanks checking out battlestats was cool (though my system is going to be completely automated).

I've got most of the basics done (file upload, database set-up and output systems are in place). And I've got a fair idea of how to read the info form the log file into the database.

only thing is I don't actually have a log file (used to just can't find it) so if anyone gets the chance can they email me one?

I know you guys have started flying, so any logs you send me can be out into the league..

on a side note, I've got the includes ready, so whoever sends me the log file I'll send the links......

If you can't use any php for some reason then I can set them to be simple HTML and you can use frames or something...........

I've got a big job thats suposed to be done by monday, but I should still have the Arvoch league up by then (dependant on the log file(s).........)
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by verbosity »

Hi,

You guys have 3 different games listed, but I can't connect to any of them, are you running games at the moment ??
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!

Im not sure what you mean by your last reply?

I dont have a log file either im afraid...
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Ok I see, thanks!

Post by Vice »

Check the \\sw3dg\\arvochconflict directory for a 'mpgamelog.txt', it stores game results. Any time a hosted game is launched and completed, the file is updated with the latest results in chronological order from top to bottom.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Ok I see, thanks!