Arvoch Conflict, Upcoming Graphics Update...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I am now in the planning stages for the next major enhancement to AC, namely a graphics overhaul of the ships/textures and possibly some/much of the cockpit. I'd like to get some feedback on the kind of changes you'd like to see. Please be very specific, avoid vague remarks. My primary goal for the update is to provide a new look for the ships (retaining the military feel/focus of the game, so no pastel cartoon nightmares, lol). Concepts are welcome, you can send them to me via e-mail or post links to them here.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

New look for the ships? I think they look kind of good, actually. Maybe a cripsier texture, some added useless details but that's all. I'd rather see the special effects as engine exhaust/flares updated to nót be plains (the engine exhaust really could be better, I think).
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I like the look of the ships also. They've got a good rough military look to them. I don't plan on making any changes to their designs, merely some improvement to textures. Perhaps such texture improvements would only be appropriate for certain ships, or maybe I should focus on improving other areas. If the exhaust didn't use plains, what would they use?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Objects? I don't know, I ain't no FX-man. I just think they look flat at times. Maybe an exhaust trail or something would add?

Texture improvements would help on all ships, at all times - after all, they're improvements. I think the Razor texture is the best of the available ones.

I'd say improve the moon textures and the stations first.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
TRA_Pilotbaby64
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TRA_Pilotbaby64 »

Sounds very interesting, and Im happy to see that is a game that is under continously updating.

Well its not very specific in any way, but being a member of a StarWars based Fleet, I would love to see some SW based modifications to the ships as well :)