Saitek X52 POV (strafe) problem??

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
CoffinDancer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CoffinDancer »

howdy!! :-)

when i select the "strafe" option for the j/s, when i use the primary POV hat L/R for horizontal strafing the calibration seems to be off:

when i hit the right side of the pov when selecting j/s axes it moves all the way;
when i hit the left side, it only moves about a quarter of the way past its initial point.

anybody having anything like this with this controller?

thanks,
CD
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That's normal. It's just the way the X52 returns some input values on one of the axis channels in DirectX. It won't interfere with the HAT control options as that is a seperate, dedicated control system. Simply select 'Strafe' for the HAT option, the game will adapt to the input signals returned by the primary HAT/POV control.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
CoffinDancer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CoffinDancer »

unfortunately it DOES affect the game - i can't get through the initial flight training session:

i pass the test for the first strafe test with the fully operative control, but when moving in the "limited" direction, i'm not moving far enough for the game to acknowledge the movement, and it won't let me continue at that point!! :-(

thanks,
CD
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Then switch the strafe control to the HAT only and shut it off for the axis channel.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations