Campaign progress not being saved

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
brennanos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by brennanos »

Hello,

For some reason, my progress in the campaign is not being saved. I have completed mission 12 (the build module mission, carry 12 modules to the waypoint) twice now. I get a PROGRESS UPDATED message, and I move on to the next mission. When I attempt the next mission and fail either due to dying or not completing it in time, I am correctly taken to the beginning of this mission again. However, if I exit the game after failing this mission, the launch the game again (continuing my campaign) I am taken to the previous 12 build module mission again. I only have one pilot profile. The mission progress was being updated correctly previous to this particular mission. Nothing has changed on my machine that I am aware of. Has anyone else ever seen something like this?

Brennan
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

I don't understand all the message....

U've played the mission 12 (Where the Sea and Land Meet [Destroy planet base]), you've finished the mission.

U've played the mission 13 (Setting the trap [Disable enemy ship]) and the IA kill you.

Then the game don't restart the mission 13, restart the mission 12...

Is this?

I will try to reproduce this error with a profile that I have in Mission 12

Regards

EDIT: I can't reproduce: I've played the mission 12, then i've started the mission 13, i've killed and the game restart the mission 13 for me :S

[Edited on 27-12-2013 by AdamSelene]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 166221, Topic: tid=11143, author=AdamSelene wrote:EDIT: I can't reproduce: I've played the mission 12, then i've started the mission 13, i've killed and the game restart the mission 13 for me :S
After you were killed, did you exit the game (maybe even reboot your computer) and then re-launch it?
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 166227, Topic: tid=11143, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 166221, Topic: tid=11143, author=AdamSelene wrote:EDIT: I can't reproduce: I've played the mission 12, then i've started the mission 13, i've killed and the game restart the mission 13 for me :S
After you were killed, did you exit the game (maybe even reboot your computer) and then re-launch it?
Exit the game, yes... without the menu, pressing Alt+F4, and then i've opened again and don't see problems...

brennanos which version are using?
brennanos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by brennanos »

Guys,

I exit the game via the menu. I'm going to reproduce it again so I can enumerate the exact steps + version number.

Brennan
brennanos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by brennanos »

Well, this time (4th time through mission 9), it worked. I did the following:

1. Continue Campaign
2. Still at mission 9, Warriors and Builders.
3. As soon as the 12th module is placed at the nav point, I get Progress Saved...
4. I dock with the carrier, and immediately get the next briefing for the next mission (10)
5. I Cancel and Exit during the briefing for mission 10 without trying the mission
6. I get back to the main screen, then select Continue Campaign
7. And.. this time it worked... Im again at the mission 10 briefing.

Previously, I would start mission 10 immediately after finishing mission 9. I would eventually exit the game either at the briefing screen or via Esc->Exit->Quit before completing mission 10. This is when I would see the issue where when I launched the game again, I was still on mission 9.

Brennan
brennanos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by brennanos »

Ok... the third time I selected Restore Last Save after failing mission 10, it took be BACK to mission 9. So it successfully saved my progress to mission 10 for awhile, then seems to have magically reverted to mission 9 again. Man, this sucks.

I'm on version 1.888.

[Edited on 12-29-2013 by brennanos]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

If I remember correctly the mission only get saved when you save after a mission has been completed and you get the message that says you have completed the mission.
You can not save during the mission or before the mission completed message. If you try to do so the game will automatically revert to the last saved point. So if you did not save after you completed mission 9 and you started mission 10 and tried to save when you did not get the mission completed message you will start back at the beginning of mission 9
when you get killed or exit the game and come back after. Also I think there is a mode to turn auto saving on or off iirc! I have not played Arvoch Aliance for a long time now but if this is the case and your progress got not autosaved after mission completion the Autosave function might have been turned off!...;) :cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Another step I would suggest is re-downloading the game from the game's website directly. There have been a few minor updates to the game and you may be running an older build of 1.888 (ie 'a'). This way, we can rule out any type of gameside issue that may have been resolved in an update. If you downloaded the game within the last month, then no need to download the latest build. If not though, give it a try and see if it behaves any differently.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

If it's a bug Vice can fix i supose :)

not despair, for the moment, a initial solution:

Save on mission 10, if you have a good save profile:

Go to arvoch alliance folder:
Search pilot0.sw
Copy/paste the file
Rename the new file to pilot1.sw

And now you have 2 profiles in the pilot profiles... use the first for continue the campaign... if the save fail again, then copy pilot1.sw again like pilot0.sw :S

I go to try this now with a new profile :)