AA host software for MP

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
noozster
Ensign
Ensign

AA host software for MP

Post by noozster »

Hi,

I'm new here but I have EM and AA and my friend wants to play AA multi-player. But, its unfair that one of us host because of the lag and we both have shitty wireless connections. Great for joining but really poor for hosting.

I have a server at work on 10mbps up and down with 1:1 ratio. I just want to host a server there so we can both connect but I can't find some host software. Is there any way I can host an Arvoch Alliance server at work that we can connect to and play the campaign so we are both clients?

Thanks,
N
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

AA host software for MP

Post by Vice »

Arvoch doesn't use separate server program hosting. One player must be the host and control the various game selections and stages. If you're on wireless, with the way the multiplayer system is set up in the game, you wouldn't find much of an advantage connecting in as clients anyway. The game should be able to manage hosting for one of you just fine on wireless between two players, obviously aside from the expected potential intermittent connection issues inherent with wireless anyway (as a client or hosting).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

AA host software for MP

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Hola.

Welcome to the Forum.

Your answer: You can't, Arvoch Alliance don't have a persistent servers like Evochron, need a hosted game for start the mission type, put the options, select the next mission, etc.

Try this in the host game:

Close all Programs (Browser, Anti-virus, messenger, steam, etc) and then try again, maybe u can win a little speed increase.

Good luck.

I hope you continue writing Arvoch forum :)

Regards!

EDIT: Vice: Rapid Response: P

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by AdamSelene]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

AA host software for MP

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Noozster, welcome to the game and forum!.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
noozster
Ensign
Ensign

AA host software for MP

Post by noozster »

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome.

Now you mention it we also had Skype voice chat running so that wouldn't have helped. I think it will be best if we both go wired. We can get some cat5e cables at work and use those if we can get them past the wives :)

I think the last time we played a PC multiplayer was X-Wing Alliance over dial-up on windows 98. We got new PCs in March and haven't been able to find a good co-op campaign game. We bought a few flight sim games that said they were co-op but they ended up being team games with no story and the servers were al old so we are really de-motivated at the moment.

Last year I was playing freespace 2, diaspora, i-war and freelancer single player so might revisit some of those once we get cabled up properly.

I will check out Evochron's multiplayer to tempt my mate into getting it.

Thanks again,
N
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

AA host software for MP

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 164523, Topic: tid=10997, author=noozster wrote:Thanks for the replies and warm welcome.

Now you mention it we also had Skype voice chat running so that wouldn't have helped. I think it will be best if we both go wired. We can get some cat5e cables at work and use those if we can get them past the wives :)

I think the last time we played a PC multiplayer was X-Wing Alliance over dial-up on windows 98. We got new PCs in March and haven't been able to find a good co-op campaign game. We bought a few flight sim games that said they were co-op but they ended up being team games with no story and the servers were al old so we are really de-motivated at the moment.

Last year I was playing freespace 2, diaspora, i-war and freelancer single player so might revisit some of those once we get cabled up properly.

I will check out Evochron's multiplayer to tempt my mate into getting it.

Thanks again,
N
Hola.

Try with this:

Close the Skype :P

Arvoch Alliance have a voice chat (Default key = NumPad .) Like a Walkie Talkie: Press for talk :)

And put the game for 4 players.

Evochron Mercenary 2.X have better graphics but AA have a really good campaign :D

Regards!