do people still play this game online?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Thumpy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Thumpy »

because combat is my favourite aspect of mercenary i thought i might as well buy this game as well. i just wonder if there are people online at all or is everyone playing mercenary? not really fond of only battling the ai.
MiaZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by MiaZ »

I would like to try online with this game.
When this was first out people played a bit online.
Here I was very late to get it and I don't think many play it at all anymore. I started making a custom campaign at one stage with very difficult missions for something different but then the expansion for EM was out and I kind of lost interest.

If someone could arranged a time for AA, I would definitely try to be there to have a go with it online.
They were some things i liked about the combat more than I do in EM, would be interesting to try some pvp or coop in AA.

[Edited on 1-9-2013 by MiaZ]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: The ironic thing is, for PvP, Arvoch Alliance has one or two options which make it a better arena.
hank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hank »

I just downloaded the demo and like it a lot. If what I see in the opening video with multiple cap ships slugging it out, its something I'd like to fly.

I'm wondering the same as the o.p. about online play. I also wonder if there are plans on either future development of this game or incorporating what AA has into later versions of EM (or E ? )

I'm not past my second mission in the demo but plan on forging ahead as long as the demo lasts. After configuring the controls as they are in EM, I'm back on track killing reds.

I'd just like to say my first impressions are very good.

Nuff said, back to the game.
Call sign: Thanatos
hank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hank »

post 2 : well, it didn't take long to hit the end of the demo. It was a blast while it lasted. Not sure yet if I want to drop some dough on it, yet.

I really like the whole concept of a military only sim complete with multiple cap ship engagements, squadron control, etc etc. One thing I would like added to the orders list is a "attack my target" command that could be delivered to individual wingmen or the whole squad. "Attack Hostiles" appears to be a blanket command to attack all enemies, not a specific one.

(I know EM has the ability to build squads but its not a default function ... you have to hire and hope they follow you)
Call sign: Thanatos
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Since quite a few people played AA when it first came out, you have two basic options for MP:

(1) Find new players who have yet to complete the game's default campaign ... then have one of them host co-op sessions.

(2) Script (using the game's detailed Mission Editor) a new campaign ... something everyone would be interested in playing.
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 159440, Topic: tid=10377, author=Marvin wrote:....
(2) Script (using the game's detailed Mission Editor) a new campaign ... something everyone would be interested in playing.
me, for example :)

Regards!